1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Any point of liquid meat and using it?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Bigpak, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Bigpak

Bigpak New Member

Is there a point to it? Does it have any advantages over other foods? What is it used for?

2. Hoff

Hoff Tech Support

Generating meat from skeletons is more than enough reason. If it had better saturation than cookies it might be more enticing though >.>

3. casilleroatr

casilleroatr New Member

I like it because its funny. I feel that it is the most appropriate (though not necessarily the best) way of processing pigs. It just seems right to me and when I set up my slaughterhouse its the only food I use. Its so easy to overproduce all food though it can be a bit ridiculous.

SpitefulFox likes this.
  4. Bigpak

Bigpak New Member

Heh, I just thought of something terrible. In minecraft 1.6.2. mfr needs to have a glue factory for horses :p

PierceSG and SpitefulFox like this.
  5. RedBoss

RedBoss New Member

Power Crystals said there would be some use of horses when I brought this up a while ago.

6. Bigpak

Bigpak New Member

Oh my god if he actually adds that I will love mfr even more. It has so many uses and it really is a great mod.

7. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox New Member

I kind of imagine Cooked Meat Ingots to have the consistency and flavor of Slim Jims. :p

8. BanzaiBlitz

BanzaiBlitz New Member

It makes me just think of the glory of Spam. :)

9. iwishiknew

iwishiknew New Member

What is the benefit of using liquid meat? If the saturation is that of cookies, why not set up a potatoe/carrot farm or slaughter your own pigs/cows with a flame sword? Is it just there because some people like it?

10. casilleroatr

casilleroatr New Member

I think the thing that most people are after with liquid meat, other than the fact that its awesome, is that you need the slaughterhouse to get pink slime which is used to make the mfr mining laser

11. iwishiknew

iwishiknew New Member

Ahh. I plan to have most, if not all, types of machines in my base so I'll be using that, I just wanted to know. Thanks.

12. KhrFreak

KhrFreak New Member

i find it enjoyable to make the liquid meat into ingots, ingots into blocks and build my animal farms out of them, either raw or cooked depending on what fits the look better >:D

13. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox New Member

If you have more than one animal farm, you can just grind them all down into liquid meat so your food stacks in one slot. :p

14. Hydra

Hydra New Member

You can make meat blocks out of it. What more do you want than to be able to build a fortress out of meat?

PierceSG, Bigpak and KhrFreak like this.
  15. iwishiknew

iwishiknew New Member

I didn't know meat blocks were something that could be built. Hmm, they would be a good source of food for an extended siege in addition to the fruits and veges I am growing. I'll have to make a warehouse with them then.

16. Bigpak

Bigpak New Member

I've got it, I am going to make a castle out of meat blocks, and in that castle will be my animal breeding station which gets conveyor belted over to the glue factory/slaughterhouse >:)

17. RedBoss

RedBoss New Member

Each tower should have a conveyor belt laid in a circle with a random animal. It's perpetual circuit would advertise the wholesale slaughter that occurs within your walls.

Museli likes this.
  18. WTFFFS

WTFFFS New Member

Main reason I have liquid meat is as a byproduct of pink slime production, triple meats treats are imo a much better food source, though you can config the MFR meat to have the saturation of steak instead of cookies which might make it a bit more useful.