Any Nether disabling mod?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use command blocks to teleport any player who enters the nether back to the overworld?
On a player created world, how could I have command blocks?!? Its not map, its a modpack! Its supposed to be the player creating the world!

Also, I want to avoid the nether portal, not the player going to the nether.

I dont want portals. Not a single thing that looks similar to portals!

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
On a player created world, how could I have command blocks?!? Its not map, its a modpack! Its supposed to be the player creating the world!

Also, I want to avoid the nether portal, not the player going to the nether.

I dont want portals. Not a single thing that looks similar to portals!
out of curiosity, why?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
If you can get your world into any dimension number higher than 0, then nether portals will not function. (Nor end portals, if I recall correctly)

Unfortunately, any mod that I know of that provides a dimension higher than 0 also assumes you want a way back to dimension 0.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
If you can get your world into any dimension number higher than 0, then nether portals will not function. (Nor end portals, if I recall correctly)

Unfortunately, any mod that I know of that provides a dimension higher than 0 also assumes you want a way back to dimension 0.
Mystcraft dimensions take up the number of whatever thier default age name is. So, if you created an age, and it was called by default "Age 57," it would be dimension 57.

Reactions: Kill-Joy

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Nope.

A mystcraft's dimension is determined by the agedata_nn.dat file in the top-level "data" folder.

Nothing else matters.

===

You want "Multiworld".
http://toomanybiomes.wikispaces.com/multiworld

To get to a dimension:
/tpd x Teleport to the spawn point dimension x, which x is the dimensionID.

Nether portals only work in negative or 0, so any dimension above 0 will prevent nether portals; testing with mystcraft ages showed that end portals in ages did not work, so I suspect it will also not work in dimensions above 1.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Nope.

A mystcraft's dimension is determined by the agedata_nn.dat file in the top-level "data" folder.

Nothing else matters.

===

You want "Multiworld".
http://toomanybiomes.wikispaces.com/multiworld

To get to a dimension:
/tpd x Teleport to the spawn point dimension x, which x is the dimensionID.

Nether portals only work in negative or 0, so any dimension above 0 will prevent nether portals; testing with mystcraft ages showed that end portals in ages did not work, so I suspect it will also not work in dimensions above 1.
but the default name of an age is based on the dimension ID