Any Nether disabling mod?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I've never turned off the nether before, but does the vanilla server.properties option "allow-nether=true" work? Set it to false and find out?

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Warning: This is a stupid answer.
Terrafirmacraft. It's possiblle to get to the nether, but it's bugged to hell.
Hur hur, puns.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Server properties can disable the nether, and end. [End portal can also be wiped using Custom Ore Gen mod]

You might be able to change the dimension ID (Nether is -1 I think)- just switch it out with a copy of the overworld, or a Myst age.

Likewise you could try switching block IDs/names with the actual portal blocks.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually quite interesting, maybe it could simply include using Assembly to disable Obsidian from making portals and instead put that onto a configurable block? Yeah, that'd probably be hard...

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
If your running a server then disable it In the config

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
so much trouble instead of just not building nether portal in SP world
The OP is trying to make sure that people playing their pack can't craft a portal... Unless you make it impossible to do something, people will find a way to do that something, and try their best to bypass things that you try to prevent (in this case, going to the nether)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The OP is trying to make sure that people playing their pack can't craft a portal...

oh. so it's that kind of an issue. i guess i wouldn't have tried being a smartass, if OP stated that he was making a story-driven mod pack with gated nether, and not just "story". but what's done is done, i guess.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
oh. so it's that kind of an issue. i guess i wouldn't have tried being a smartass, if OP stated that he was making a story-driven mod pack with gated nether, and not just "story". but what's done is done, i guess.
From the OP
I really need to disable the Nether dimension or any way of getting there so it doenst break the lore of my story...
:)

Well we have all suggested "workarounds" and yours was just another one I guess ;)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, its for a pack. Sorry if I wasnt more explicit.

I posted the question coz I thought there was a mod somewhere that could do it, but seems it doesnt exist (yet)

I have two possible solutions: make a mod that replaces obsidian without the abilities to make nether portals or change the lore to not exclude the nether. The second is not hard, found a way to not exclude the nether, just didnt found yet a way of including it so it has a reason to exist. But I would prefer to just disable and not have to bother with it at all.

When the time comes, I will decide if I make the mod or change the lore. Too much to do before that.

Reactions: Loufmier and 1SDAN

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Simple lore change (you can expand on this):
The nether was a "test world" before the current one (the overworld) was created, testing different ideas. But when the overworld was made, the failed creations of humans and squids (Zombie Pigmen and Ghasts) were left to protect the world from anyone who tried to disturb what they came to know as their home.

OR, if you want, you could have ex nihilo make the nether have nothing but bedrock there and have:

There is a space between our world (the overworld) and some other world (if you have one) this place is completely empty, but it is possible to go there. No one knows why this empty void between our two world exists, and very few have actually gone there without any deformations. Many who enter become zombified, some gain the ability to fly, but on can fly because anyone who dies there become a ghost.

I am not good with lore, but that's what I'd do

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Or we can make the mod so that people can change the time when a player can enter the Nether...

Imagine the packs: Unlock the Nether with Magic, or Tech, or maybe by defeating the Ender Dragon and using the Dragon Egg to craft a Nether Portalizer.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... without wanting to disclose much about the pack, the story will start with the context of 'real world'. It will be based on something like, you crashed on an alien world and you have to build up technologically to escape the planet.
For that it will use galatycraft.
Such stuff as magic and dimensions dont exist. At least until much later. Even redstone is something that is not supposed to exist! Dont want to say more about it. If I manage to get the pack out, I want the story to be a surprise. Specially the finnale

So.... nether could be 'integrated' in the story but the best story is without it. That is the reason for me to want to remove the portal.

I thank you all for trying to help but unless you know a mod that can do it, there is nothing you can do to help since you also dont know the full story and so will not be able to help integrate the nether in it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of disabling the nether, which doesn't seem convenient, why not disable useful ore generation in the nether. There's lots of ways to change vanilla ore generation. Why not just disable anything useful? Heck, even replace netherrack with cobble or something. It'd actually be very troll-like and entertaining.

I mean it seems more simple to just do that that the great lengths it may take to disable nether portals.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use command blocks to teleport any player who enters the nether back to the overworld?