Any Alternatives to using RP2 Deployers/breakers?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
I use a series of deployers to bonemeal a wheat farm and then a series of block breakers to harvest and collect the wheat. I use a timer and some repeaters with a delay setting to manage the alternate pulses required to make it work.

I'm looking for another solution.

Any other ideas?

I know I can get rid of RP tubes and such and use AE to deliver bonemeal and to retrieve the wheat. I just don't know of a way to use the bonemeal and then harvest or than by the use of a deployer.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
For farming applications you could go to any of the dedicated farming tools. With a config change MFR will even take bonemeal as fertilizer.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
For farming applications you could go to any of the dedicated farming tools. With a config change MFR will even take bonemeal as fertilizer.
I have a Steve's Carts wheat farm going as well, I just like different ways of doing the same thing. Its part of the fun.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
MFR wheatfarm is OP 3x3 wheat grown instantly and harvested instantly, rinse and repeat, even takes Apatite as fertilizer.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
MFR wheatfarm is OP 3x3 wheat grown instantly and harvested instantly, rinse and repeat, even takes Apatite as fertilizer.

It seems funny how trivial it is to make infinite industrial fertilizer with power using MFR.

Until you realize a mob-farm and redstone engines and buildcraft could make the same supply of fertilizer.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting 6 bone meal per bone using a TE pulverizer to grind up bones from a skeleton spawner. I am producing so much that I am voiding the excess. My entire goal is to start working on some builds that I have traditionally used Red Power for, but this time avoid all use of Red Power if possible.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Almost all the people here brought up alternate methods for farming. Which is just avoiding the problem. We still don't have solutions for many other uses of the deployer/block breaker. Well besides the obvious solution of you know, keeping redpower

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
A question was asked and answered, there are plenty of ways to create wheat farms without using deployers/blockbreakers. In fact there are so many other ways which are tons better, so we are not avoiding any problem. Lets NOT turn this into another RP/Elo bashing thread there's already 2 of them, go whine in one of those.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
A question was asked and answered, there are plenty of ways to create wheat farms without using deployers/blockbreakers. In fact there are so many other ways which are tons better, so we are not avoiding any problem. Lets NOT turn this into another RP/Elo bashing thread there's already 2 of them, go whine in one of those.

Yes please. This is not what this thread is about. I was just asking for a farming specific alternative. One of my goals, is to figure out alternative ways of doing things. I'm not destroying my RP farms, I just want other ways of doing the same thing. Cooler ways even!

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm ... now I'm thinking about putting XYCrafts soil stacked and a turtle to plant/harvest wheat, carrots, corn, etc... So cool. I'm told ya can stack xycraft soil 20 or 21 tall and it is cumulative how fast it makes stuff grow. That'd be neato. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Almost all the people here brought up alternate methods for farming. Which is just avoiding the problem. We still don't have solutions for many other uses of the deployer/block breaker. Well besides the obvious solution of you know, keeping redpower

Well, turtles pretty much do anything the deployer and breaker can do and more. But I can understand how that might not be a satisfactory answer for some uses.

But please, can we keep the RP2 argument out of other threads? It's bad enough when it's contained.

Reactions: Whovian

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, turtles pretty much do anything the deployer and breaker can do and more. But I can understand how that might not be a satisfactory answer for some uses.

But please, can we keep the RP2 argument out of other threads? It's bad enough when it's contained.
This thread pretty much is an RP2 argument thread. Why else couldn't TomT just use deployers/block breakers

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
This thread pretty much is an RP2 argument thread. Why else couldn't TomT just use deployers/block breakers

It is not our business to ask. He doesn't want to. This doesn't mean he's part of the Grand Conspiracy To Fight Your Favorite Mod. Maybe they cause lag for them? Maybe they're impractical at the scale he wants to reach? Maybe he hasn't invested in that tech tree yet? Maybe he wants to save on materials?

Who cares? You're contributing nothing, and we both know that you're capable of more. It is okay to not use RP2, just like you're demanding it is okay to use RP2.