Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Since it doesn't have any use in the current version of infinity, i assume that the dire crafting table will play a role in evolved ?

As @xbony2 said (but not in the same words), the Dire Crafting Table does, indeed, have a a role (might I say a BIG role) in Infinity Evolved. From what I've seen of screenshots from @tfox83 and a few other people via Twitter (and I think a few images might be floating around the forums; haven't actually looked yet) the DCT will be used in a fair bit of, as I call it, "hyper-endgame" crafting, such as the XU Angel Rings (which is a bit...er...crazy, to say the least), Creative things (Energy Cell, Capacitor; but keep in mind, by the point you can craft these, there won't be any real need for them, ie. they're "trophies"), and I remember there being something else, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
creative energy cell recipies? new favorite pack.

Creative Energy Cell recipe, as tweeted by tfox (May be subject to change in the release):
CRd_VknUkAAULJx.jpg:large

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
As @xbony2 said (but not in the same words), the Dire Crafting Table does, indeed, have a a role (might I say a BIG role) in Infinity Evolved. From what I've seen of screenshots from @tfox83 and a few other people via Twitter (and I think a few images might be floating around the forums; haven't actually looked yet) the DCT will be used in a fair bit of, as I call it, "hyper-endgame" crafting, such as the XU Angel Rings (which is a bit...er...crazy, to say the least), Creative things (Energy Cell, Capacitor; but keep in mind, by the point you can craft these, there won't be any real need for them, ie. they're "trophies"), and I remember there being something else, but I can't think of it at the moment.
Creative Energy Cell recipe, as tweeted by tfox (May be subject to change in the release):

Wonder if the Diretable can be automated? It would be neat if so.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
That would be pretty complicated and borderline pointless to automate imo.
That the whole point. That and the bragging right that you automated making something others are still dreaming of just getting to the point of having the materials and infrastructure to craft.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder if the Diretable can be automated? It would be neat if so.

I seem to remember someone brainstorming ideas in regards to autocrafting using the DCT through AE2, but can't find where I saw it. In future versions of Avaritia, I BELIEVE the Neutronium Compressor (~4500 blocks of a materials for it's singularity, depending on pack configuration) is ISided, so it may be possible to "automate" the production of Singularities alongside the possibility of automating the Neutron Collector machine (which take QUITE a while to produce a Pile of Neutrons item, something to the tune of several real-life hours, if my memory serves; it takes 9 piles to make 1 Neutronium Nugget, and 9 of those to make 1 Neutronium Ingot).

If you want to get a taste of how ridiculous(ly amazing) Avaritia is, then I suggest grabbing the "For The Love Of Adventure" modpack from the CurseVoice launcher (no idea if it's on the FTB Launcher though), it has special privileges for these currently unreleased versions of Avaritia. *winkwinknudgenudge*

thefnitalian

Jul 29, 2019
My question is if the special version of Avaritia will be included in Infinity Evolved when released. I have been keeping tabs on it for the last few months and it seems like there hasn't been a peep from @SpitefulFox or @TTFTCUTS at all.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
My question is if the special version of Avaritia will be included in Infinity Evolved when released. I have been keeping tabs on it for the last few months and it seems like there hasn't been a peep from @SpitefulFox or @TTFTCUTS at all.

@SpitefulFox's past month hasn't been that great for him, at least indicated by his last tweet from 9h ago as of me typing this (https://twitter.com/Spiteful_Fox/status/659246426401083392), and @TTFTCUTS has been busy working on a GregTech-centered modpack that also features Avaritia. I believe they're both still working on it, but progress is kinda slow. If you really want play with the more feature-complete version, get the "For The Love of Adventure" modpack from the CurseVoice launcher and copy the jar file over (if you know how to locate the files). As far as I'm able to tell, there's no special code making it so it can only be run under that specific pack, and "updating" from the current version of Avaritia doesn't seem to break anything (Mine/ModTweaker-wise anyways).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Feed the beast 122

Jul 29, 2019
So had a question if i remove any mods from infinity hard mode will there be any consequences from doing that? Like recipe changing or anything else?

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
So had a question if i remove any mods from infinity hard mode will there be any consequences from doing that? Like recipe changing or anything else?

Most mods HAVE to be there, otherwise recipes will break (in "Expert Mode" anyways) and when you login to a world, you will probably get a big message about MineTweaker being unable to parse it's scripts correctly.

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
What about adding mods, I assume the recipes won't properly be gated as they should be by evolved? My users are preemptively bugging me to add some TC addons to our 2.0 server when the time comes.

Is it possible that it'll be fine as long as it only uses TC materials to build and those materials are still properly gated?

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
My question to the devs is: Is there any mods that i can remove becuase my computer is a sucky 4 gigs and i really want to play this modpack.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
My question to the devs is: Is there any mods that i can remove becuase my computer is a sucky 4 gigs and i really want to play this modpack.
Playing on a server could help. 4 gigs usually handles about everything, because the server is doing the heavy lifting. In SP, your computer is also the server.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
I just got an entirely fresh installation of FTB Infinity Evolved from the Curse Launcher, but it says "Unknown Command" when I enter /ftb_mode. The FTB Utilities/Tweaks mods also don't appear in the mod list. Curse doesn't say that Infinity needs to be updated though (and I just pulled the installation when the stream announced that it was out). What's going on?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I just got an entirely fresh installation of FTB Infinity Evolved from the Curse Launcher, but it says "Unknown Command" when I enter /ftb_mode. The FTB Utilities/Tweaks mods also don't appear in the mod list. Curse doesn't say that Infinity needs to be updated though (and I just pulled the installation when the stream announced that it was out). What's going on?
The servers are getting hit really hard right now - everybody's trying to download Infinity Evolved. Wait a little bit for everyone to settle down and then try again.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
The servers are getting hit really hard right now - everybody's trying to download Infinity Evolved. Wait a little bit for everyone to settle down and then try again.
So wait what, if a download fails, Curse just doesn't say anything and lets me carry on believing that the download was successful? That's just terrible, that shouldn't happen.