Announcing FTB Infinity Evolved, FTB Tweaks, and FTB Utilities.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Could i get advice on where to start? I don't want to spend an hour in NEI just to find out what I can make with a couple of sticks.

Reactions: mr west

Rajecent

Jul 29, 2019
Could i get advice on where to start? I don't want to spend an hour in NEI just to find out what I can make with a couple of sticks.
We are currently working on the getting started guide that will be easily accessible in game. This will guide you through your first few days of minecraft. The best news is, its not a book. It is integrated into FTB Utilities and will be directly under the friend list.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I like the change in direction to more integration, progression and complexity. As dev of an gregtech fork, everything else would likely be strange...

There are some things i would like to know. How will the progression actually be? Strictly linear, one mod after enother? Ordered in tiers, with a few mods at each one? Or fine seperated by items/machines? Are there parallel progressions, like a way trough magic mods without touching tech and the other way around? My favorite would likely be 3-4 parallel progressions with some interaction beween each other for higher efficiency. For example TCs Alchemical Constructs need something from later tech tree to build, but they are not really needed for progression, only for quality of life.

And finally, will these utility/tweaks mods become public mods usable in other modpacks?

Rajecent

Jul 29, 2019
There are some things i would like to know. How will the progression actually be? Strictly linear, one mod after enother? Ordered in tiers, with a few mods at each one? Or fine seperated by items/machines? Are there parallel progressions, like a way trough magic mods without touching tech and the other way around? My favorite would likely be 3-4 parallel progressions with some interaction beween each other for higher efficiency. For example TCs Alchemical Constructs need something from later tech tree to build, but they are not really needed for progression, only for quality of life.

There is a somewhat linear approach to the very beginning of the game, but that is simply a day 1 things you would normally do in any minecraft, get wood, make crafting table, get tools, start gathering resources. The difficulty has been raised a bit in these day 1 tasks, however from that point on there are many parallel progressions you can follow to reach your in game goals. Magic and Tech can be played completely separately of each other. Apart from some end game luxury items which will require significant progression in both magic and tech. You can choose to integrate both, or play them separately.

So basically, do you have to touch on many separate mods? Yes you do.
Is there 1 progression through the changes? Absolutely not.

And finally, will these utility/tweaks mods become public mods usable in other modpacks?

Yes, absolutely!

Reactions: LatvianModder

maxtrax

Jul 29, 2019
  • Powerful new chunk loading system - Adding controlled chunk loading to the chunk claiming system. = servers limiting to 4 chunk claims.

maxtrax

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Utilities is certainly a mod which will mostly likely replace a few of other ones. No need for kit, permissions, world border or server managment mods anymore. Great work there, you guys are amazing.

does it work with SQL and MSSQL SQL lite? if not, it will replace nothing.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Will the enviorment itself be any harder? There's not a lot of struggle in infinity currently. Even starting out, and on Difficulty=3, the mobs just aren't that difficult.

labolet

Jul 29, 2019
Pulled FTBUtilities from github to test it out before the pack launches and it's awesome! But I've gotta say, it's really not ready. I'm hoping it's just because the version on github isn't updated. It seems cool as hell, and everyone I've shown it to is super excited about it, mainly the friends system and chunk claiming, especially that client UI, everyone loves it.

Until we started tesing it... I get the point of it, to have a uniform mod which people can join onto an FTB server and instantly know how to do various functions instead of having to go look up the wiki of whatever fork of a fork of a plugin the server is using, but right now it's not a replacement for a lot of bukkit claim plugins when using cauldron and it's definitely not a replacement for forge-specific claim like MyTown2. Even mods which are protection-friendly, ie implementing forge events and fake players, will still sail straight through FTBUtilities because it's not checking block events, only playerinteractevent and fake players are specifically excluded from any checks.

It has so much potential it really does and I love the concept but in it's current form it's only going to be useful for whitelist servers and players are going to be very disappointed when their fav big servers either don't use FTBU claiming abilities or start banning more items than they have to because FTBU doesn't handle them. It's just not ready.

On the bright side though, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the forge protection mods like MyTown2 hijack the GUI from FTBU for claiming and just bypass the issue altogether.

Reactions: Jstuie

PuckSilverbreeze

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I am not alone in this. But I really hope someone creates a Evolved Guide that goes through the main mods. There are so many that I have tried using HQM Packs to learn them and its not great. As often the author of the pack makes specific recipes that only work in their pack.

ctate

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, the announcement didn't mention the base Minecraft version that it's built on. I assume that's still 1.7.*, right?

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully I am not alone in this. But I really hope someone creates a Evolved Guide that goes through the main mods. There are so many that I have tried using HQM Packs to learn them and its not great. As often the author of the pack makes specific recipes that only work in their pack.

A guide for Infinity Evolved is being worked on. It is a part of FTB Utilities, I believe. Rajecent (of WeAllPlayCast) and one other person (can't remember who) are the ones working on it.

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
Since it doesn't have any use in the current version of infinity, i assume that the dire crafting table will play a role in evolved ?