ANIME AVATARS!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
My MC skin is a girl. The best girl. Guess who?

Sent from my NS-P16AT08 using Tapatalk
Yoko?

KPgp6QJ.jpg

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
And technically magic doesn't exist. Since when do facts matter in pieces of fiction? :p
Well magic is a bad example because that's a lore thing. Magic does exist in that particular piece of fiction. The existence of magic in that world is a fact. The ability to dtaw one's sword effectively from ones back is not a fact unless you're mister fantastic.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Even if you where mr/ms fantastic it would still be better to draw a sword from the side.
That's also an aspect of that Lindy Beige channel. He's aware that fantacy has some wriggle room for suspending disbelief. But fantasy that incorporates some level of consistent logic is usually more satisfying.
Even magic can have rules it follows. For example magic can bend the laws of physics but not entirely break them, or you can break them but you need to be powerful or it has a great consequence for the world.
Magic that just seems like an "I win" button is usually lame.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Even if you where mr/ms fantastic it would still be better to draw a sword from the side.
That's also an aspect of that Lindy Beige channel. He's aware that fantacy has some wriggle room for suspending disbelief. But fantasy that incorporates some level of consistent logic is usually more satisfying.
Even magic can have rules it follows. For example magic can bend the laws of physics but not entirely break them, or you can break them but you need to be powerful or it has a great consequence for the world.
Magic that just seems like an "I win" button is usually lame.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Maybe true, but I can't say the fact that their swords were on their backs really took anything away from the story and gameplay of the Witcher series. Personally, I think the bringing up of the whole swords on the back thing is just pedantry for the sake of being pedantic. Or maybe it's just me failing to care at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: pc_assassin