ANIME AVATARS!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
though if you were mr fantastic, carrying your sword on your back may be more convenient than carrying it to the side, if you don't care as much about efficiency. Your elastic body could help bide time while you get to your sword and it just seems easier having it on your back.

Reactions: pc_assassin

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Technically you can draw a sword from your back, it just has to be really short (pretty much a knife :p), but having some experience with swords has taught me that drawing from the side would be so much more efficient.

Reactions: pc_assassin

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Technically you can draw a sword from your back, it just has to be really short (pretty much a knife :p), but having some experience with swords has taught me that drawing from the side would be so much more efficient.
I believe he also brings up both points (or was that another video where he did that). However he also immediately destroys said points :p

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I just said there aren't advantages and the short sword I know would be impractical xD
And....you probably missed the point :p
He wasn't just talking about during a fight but also carrying the weapon without it being needed right now, for example when you are traveling. In that case it might be nicer to have it on your back.

Just, keep in mind though that I am currently kind of playing devils advocate as I also dislike characters that have a sword on their back since I saw that video.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I think the main thing with the over the shoulder draw is because Witchers have two swords, steel and silver. It'd be impractical to carry both swords at the hip, so they wear them across the back. Ciri, while only having one sword and not being a witcher, was nonetheless trained by them and presumably adopted some of the mannerisms and approaches.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
GUEEhe3.png

Spice and wolf and damnit amarty