An Exploration modpack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
They're not lame when you've just created a portal into the nether and popped in for a quick look around. I've been trying out the Mage quest alpha and just made a portal. I hadn't expected to see them in the nether so was somewhat surprised when one crept up behind me and teleported me next to a fortress. Nice, except I hadn't yet set a way point for my portal and had absolutely no idea where it was in relation to where I now was. After looking around for a while I ended up going into creative so I could fly around and see if I could see my portal, thinking it couldn't have teleported me far. But the portal was no where to be seen. Finally in desparation I cheated in some obsidian and made a portal to the overworld. I was 2000 blocks away from home :eek:. When I got back I entered the nether and set my portal waypoint immediately. I then looked at the way point I'd set for the fortress and it was over 200 blocks away. I didn't particularly find it fun being lost in the nether with no way out so I'm considering disabling that mod.

Reactions: 1SDAN

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking: hummm could one make a pack where ressources can only be aquired through dungeons...

Guess I am not alone :p

Might give it a try, see how this comes out! Give me a few days ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1414770647,1414722250][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lyc2jcy5ehb6a/The Explorer v0.1.0.zip?dl=0
Forge 1225

First beta ;) Will get a bit more in it in another update, wanted a base and a bit of peeps opinions first :)

Reactions: 1SDAN

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
The Random Things mod generates the castle dungeons that you find in the Monster modpack. Surprised no-one has mentioned it yet.