Ampz + Ultimate = AWESOMENESS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JohnnyX

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate modpack is really awesome , and the Ampz is a lot of fun, but some aspects of the Ampz modpack (Galacticraft, Calcavia's MFFS, Atomic science, Minechemistry, ICBM e.t.c) are missing from the Ultimate modpack. Do you guys think that some of the mods from Ampz should be added in the Ultimate pack?
P.S Also... traincraft and maybe a zeppelin mod would also be great additions to both packs :p

What do you think?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate modpack is really awesome , and the Ampz is a lot of fun, but some aspects of the Ampz modpack (Galacticraft, Calcavia's MFFS, Atomic science, Minechemistry, ICBM e.t.c) are missing from the Ultimate modpack. Do you guys think that some of the mods from Ampz should be added in the Ultimate pack?
P.S Also... traincraft and maybe a zeppelin mod would also be great additions to both packs :p

What do you think?

TrainCraft IS the zeppelin mod. Most Ampz mods are only for 1.5, and Ultimate is 1.4. If I am correct Ultimate will not be changed until 1.6 in mod-world.

JohnnyX

Jul 29, 2019
TrainCraft IS the zeppelin mod. Most Ampz mods are only for 1.5, and Ultimate is 1.4. If I am correct Ultimate will not be changed until 1.6 in mod-world.

I know that. Vanilla 1.6 came out yesterday and the devs said that in a few weeks ultimate will be updated to 1.6 so merging Ultimate and Ampz will be possible and will improve the gaming experiance greatly.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I know that. Vanilla 1.6 came out yesterday and the devs said that in a few weeks ultimate will be updated to 1.6 so merging Ultimate and Ampz will be possible and will improve the gaming experiance greatly.

I know 1.6 was released. I'm talking about in ModWorld. What I mean by this is that mods take time to be updated and improved.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I said in a few weeks. I just hope Redpower 2 gets updated in time.

XD
Redpower?
In time?
You shittin' me bro?

What parts of RP haven't been replaced by now?
Frames? MFFS3 (Calclavia), Redstone in Motion (Jakj) and some others replace it.
Redstone Logic? MFR, Immibis' Redstone thing
Tubes? BC pipes have advanced SO far beyond their primitive natura in Tekkit, and MFR conveyors are really useful.
Basalt/Marble? Railcraft, MFR both have replacements.both of which have many more versatile forms that marble/basalt and neither has that ugly black spot in the middle of the marble texture.
Electricity? LOTS of alternate power sources and systems.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
XD
Redpower?
In time?
You shittin' me bro?

What parts of RP haven't been replaced by now?
Frames? MFFS3 (Calclavia), Redstone in Motion (Jakj) and some others replace it.
Redstone Logic? MFR, Immibis' Redstone thing
Tubes? BC pipes have advanced SO far beyond their primitive natura in Tekkit, and MFR conveyors are really useful.
Basalt/Marble? Railcraft, MFR both have replacements.both of which have many more versatile forms that marble/basalt and neither has that ugly black spot in the middle of the marble texture.
Electricity? LOTS of alternate power sources and systems.

But MFR doesn't have a Sphax patch :(
Half kidding, I'm making one.

I've been such a fan of RP2, and I do really hope that it gets updated soon, as my next sorting system is going to use tubes and barrels. I figured out how I could do it with BC pipes, but it isn't as good. Let's keep the RedPower discussion a discussion, and not a complaint. Thanks.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019

What do you think?

In short, no. The Ultimate pack already has nearly 100 mods in it. Nobody uses everything in the Ultimate pack to begin with, and the pack as a whole is already starting to show some of the negative consequences of bloat. It's not a good idea to keep adding and adding and adding to packs. If you want to add Ampz mods to the Ultimate pack, go nuts. I don't want to deal with the headaches that come from that, however, so I'd prefer it not be done as an overall change.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In short, no. The Ultimate pack already has nearly 100 mods in it. Nobody uses everything in the Ultimate pack to begin with, and the pack as a whole is already starting to show some of the negative consequences of bloat. It's not a good idea to keep adding and adding and adding to packs. If you want to add Ampz mods to the Ultimate pack, go nuts. I don't want to deal with the headaches that come from that, however, so I'd prefer it not be done as an overall change.

Yeah. BUT MISSILES!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

This is not our experience. Just so you know. In fact, a lot of my users report that diversity is profoundly appealing in a server environment because of a few key features:

• It provides a "play at your own pace" feel.
  • It offers experimentation and novelty. You can do a project 3-5 different ways with reasonable results.
  • It provides diversity amongst player bases, which is an opportunity for showing off to friends
  • It reduces player feelings of competition. "Boiler envy" etc. What matters is how impressive it "feels", not some absolute metric because for most players the absolute calculations are beyond them. I consider this to be the biggest win for a diverse modpack, because unstructured, unceasing player competition is almost uniformly a massive snoozefest of chest-pounding and utterly pointless arguments. Anyone who thinks their MineCraft accomplishments amount to anything more than diversionary navel gazing need to find perspective. Immediately.
You're welcome to disagree and hold me and our group in contempt as you have before–and that's fine, I suppose. I do believe tight and limited modpacks have a place too and it seems like Krapht and CovertJaguar and Sengir have some strong opinions here that you might like. ShneekyCraft is doing a great job keeping things really tight there, too, and I think he has the very best linear tech modpack out there (even Tekkit Next is inferior). But I think the proposition put forth by people like JadedCat that multiple ways of doing things and multiple power systems "ruin a modpack" are just false. They don't ruin a modpack, but they do make modpack balance very challenging.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
This is not our experience. Just so you know. In fact, a lot of my users report that diversity is profoundly appealing in a server environment because of a few key features:

• It provides a "play at your own pace" feel.
  • It offers experimentation and novelty. You can do a project 3-5 different ways with reasonable results.
  • It provides diversity amongst player bases, which is an opportunity for showing off to friends
  • It reduces player feelings of competition. "Boiler envy" etc. What matters is how impressive it "feels", not some absolute metric because for most players the absolute calculations are beyond them. I consider this to be the biggest win for a diverse modpack, because unstructured, unceasing player competition is almost uniformly a massive snoozefest of chest-pounding and utterly pointless arguments. Anyone who thinks their MineCraft accomplishments amount to anything more than diversionary navel gazing need to find perspective. Immediately.
You're welcome to disagree and hold me and our group in contempt as you have before–and that's fine, I suppose. I do believe tight and limited modpacks have a place too and it seems like Krapht and CovertJaguar and Sengir have some strong opinions here that you might like. ShneekyCraft is doing a great job keeping things really tight there, too, and I think he has the very best linear tech modpack out there (even Tekkit Next is inferior). But I think the proposition put forth by people like JadedCat that multiple ways of doing things and multiple power systems "ruin a modpack" are just false. They don't ruin a modpack, but they do make modpack balance very challenging.

I completely agree. Tekkit became stale because everyone had the same kind of build, no real reason for originality. I love playing in completely different ways to other people, I find it makes the game more fun.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Or make your base totally unsafe with missiles. I've always wanted to start a nuclear war with UE and all the other engineering mods.

It ends really fast or drags on interminably. It tends to be like real life: the first striker has an incredible advantage. Once you get MFFS up, it's a clear winner.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It ends really fast or drags on interminably. It tends to be like real life: the first striker has an incredible advantage. Once you get MFFS up, it's a clear winner.

Who needs MFFS? Just destroy the enemy's life!

On a political note: Boo nuclear bombs for being made. That was stupid. Also, boo the US for dropping a nuclear bomb on Japanese citizens. That was also stupid.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Who needs MFFS? Just destroy the enemy's life!

On a political note: Boo nuclear bombs for being made. That was stupid. Also, boo the US for dropping a nuclear bomb on Japanese citizens. That was also stupid.

Yes because MONTHS of brutal urban fighting that would have ended up killing several times more Japanese civilians in addition to tens of thousands of US soldiers would have been much better.

OT: I would love to see ugocraft? in a modpack, that looks pretty amazing.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yes because MONTHS of brutal urban fighting that would have ended up killing several times more Japanese civilians in addition to tens of thousands of US soldiers would have been much better.

OT: I would love to see ugocraft? in a modpack, that looks pretty amazing.

The H Bomb was expected to kill every living thing on earth...

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember the FTB devs have clearly stated that they do not have any plans to combine the two due to issues of redundancy and overall memory usage of the pack. Mainly due to the fact that the needed memory for ultimate is already very close to the max allowed by default java and increasing it by adding more mods will require users to allocate more ram and their in increase the system requirements of FTB.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well yea it's would be awesome to have just maybe another pack that is just that. So people who want just ultimate can do that and those who want UE mods as well can have it. I'm going to host a server atm by players manual downloading cause some mods aren't permitted to be in a non FTB mod packs so this would be awesome to have. But I'm going with the flow for now. If anyone interested check my sig for my server for more info.