Ampz + Ultimate = AWESOMENESS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Heck, I've been watching this thread and the interaction and kept thinking to myself - "The word rational sure does get used a lot on these forums."

Then I proceeded to imagine myself and decided I resemble a primitive primate dragging his knuckles around. The 'BH' post just took the cake for me and instead of the topic being about mods being added to a pack - it took on a comic appearance which for me, is more my inclination.

I'll leave the higher thinking to my more evolved forumites.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually pretty amusing how there's been all this discussion revolving around RR and then suddenly a bunch more people parachute into the thread and say "Hey how about RR?" seemingly having missed all the kerfuffle.
I thought Xeno was pretty good at math... oh wait, I'm thinking of X3n0ph0b3, not Xeno.

Wait, there's another xeno? Must have linky!

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The one that didn't make Mystcraft or Relequary I'm guessing.
Or EE1/2.

Or are those different people...

Now in confused.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I've gained newfound respect for KirinDave. When I first heard about the "Reasonance Rise" pack, I just assumed that it would reset every week, have rollbacks all the time, and I hate starting FTB over and over again. I've read these posts and have learned a bit more about the "hot pack". Previous comparisons to Forgecraft went over my head because I never watched Forgecraft or Direwolf20. But with all this impressive data, and a whole community backing it up (with several of my friends), I'll have to give this modpack a try. I don't care about it's notoriety in taking a long time to put it together. Kirin obviously knows what he's doing, and this is the first time I've really been exposed to that.
I'll have to give this modpack a look-see! ;)

Lightning3105

Jul 29, 2019
I've basicaly merged all of the FTB 1.5 packs together, and it's GREAT! I had a bit of trouble getting all of the item and block ID's right, but it's great playing with over 120 mods!
(I may upload the config files so others can use the same selection of mods)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad you are enjoying yourself and you have your pack working. But one thing I have noticed is that there has been an increase in the resurrection of old threads this week. Without wishing to sound preachy, please look at the date of the last post. If it was more than a week ago then the conversation is probably dead and you should avoid replying. If the last post was more than 3 or 4 days ago and less than 7 days ago then only respond if absolutely necessary and what you say adds to the conversation.

Don't be afraid of starting a new thread even if you have searched a similar old and dead thread so long as the situation has changed enough to render the old thread outdated or you have a new viewpoint on the subject that will make your post reasonably original. I must state that these are my own guidelines that I try to abide by. They are by no means forum rules, and other members may disagree with them. I have only written them because necros seem to be spinning out of control lately and I at least want to finish my lunch before the zombie apocalypse hits. :)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* The problem is, when someone revives it, people say, "Oh my god, y u necro? Go make a new thread instead?"

And if instead they make a new thread,

"Oh my god, there are heaps of threads exactly the same, use the search bar"

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I know, it looks like Lightning3105 did use the search bar which is good but there comes a time when an old thread should be left in peace. Besides, with the update to the FTB packs this is a conversation that maybe deserves to be renewed in light of changing circumstances - hopefully without the big argument I remember happening last time. Preferably in a new thread though.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* The problem is, when someone revives it, people say, "Oh my god, y u necro? Go make a new thread instead?" And if instead they make a new thread, "Oh my god, there are heaps of threads exactly the same, use the search bar"
The problem is, that causing logical fallacies is so much fun to a certain part of every given internet community. ;)

Reactions: Exedra and PierceSG

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, I got yelled at by Moleivera (or however it's spelled) because I pointed out a necro on a thread that was on topic.
I guess it's okay, but this thread was really yelly-fighty. Bringing stuff up like that (while may be really fun to watch) probably isn't the best idea. But it's still really, really, really fun. Argument's over now, but, still...I guess.
Technically this post ended a while ago and this is just filler information that allows the post to be a little longer. Why? For fun. Not like you guys aren't going to read all this anyways. Anyways, it's not even long, so you need to quit your whining. Then again, you could consider me to be bringing the post off topic which is worse because it's already been necro'd.

OK BYE

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The necros that get my hammer are truly ancient ones (we're talking like, last December) that are totally off base. If it's reviving the discussion and it's still on topic and the topic isn't going on somewhere else that's active, then I'm generally okay, as long as people aren't being pushy about the old participants jumping back in to cater to their wish to discuss it now. =)

Reactions: casilleroatr