Ampz + Ultimate = AWESOMENESS

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
It's not user error. It's a reflection on what happens when you build on a large scale, hence my previous comments about pushing mods to their limit. It doesn't matter how many people you have on what kind of server. What matters is what they're doing on that server. And my experience is that a) most players don't ever really push the limits and b) most players don't even know how. There are a number of mods in Ultimate, not just the ones some people keep listing over and over again, that are part of 1.5.2 packs and 1.4.7 packs and will be part of 1.6.0 packs that are prone to serious performance issues if pushed beyond a certain thresholds. There were also mods in the Ultimate pack that were capable of causing crashes and other performance issues just by virtue of the fact that they were loaded when the game launched. And of course there are the well known crash bugs and the not so well known crash bugs.

And the point is not that you can't add mods beyond a point without creating instability, the point is that it would be foolish to try. WTF is the point of adding more cutesy mods to suit a cutesy niche until we see if the 1.6 iterations of the packs are well and truly stable as they are?

I have a better PC than most, I have more knowledge than most, and I push the mods harder than most. I don't need validation of my position from the peanut gallery to know that smart design means when you've got serious problems, you sort them out before you start adding the potential for more problems. I don't care who has what spreadsheet or who is empowered by their pocket protector, someone who hasn't been playing Ultimate isn't in a position to be commenting on what is or isn't currently working with it. I'm not trying to be abrasive, but I am being direct. You need to grasp how to diagnose whether or not something is stable. "It hasn't crashed in weeks" means shit if all your players are doing is building shoeboxes with macerators.

Tell me more about how wonderful you are. I live to worship your greatness oh masterfull one. Please do not smite me.

JohnnyX

Jul 29, 2019
It's not user error. It's a reflection on what happens when you build on a large scale, hence my previous comments about pushing mods to their limit. It doesn't matter how many people you have on what kind of server. What matters is what they're doing on that server. And my experience is that a) most players don't ever really push the limits and b) most players don't even know how. There are a number of mods in Ultimate, not just the ones some people keep listing over and over again, that are part of 1.5.2 packs and 1.4.7 packs and will be part of 1.6.0 packs that are prone to serious performance issues if pushed beyond a certain thresholds. There were also mods in the Ultimate pack that were capable of causing crashes and other performance issues just by virtue of the fact that they were loaded when the game launched. And of course there are the well known crash bugs and the not so well known crash bugs.

And the point is not that you can't add mods beyond a point without creating instability, the point is that it would be foolish to try. WTF is the point of adding more cutesy mods to suit a cutesy niche until we see if the 1.6 iterations of the packs are well and truly stable as they are?

I have a better PC than most, I have more knowledge than most, and I push the mods harder than most. I don't need validation of my position from the peanut gallery to know that smart design means when you've got serious problems, you sort them out before you start adding the potential for more problems. I don't care who has what spreadsheet or who is empowered by their pocket protector, someone who hasn't been playing Ultimate isn't in a position to be commenting on what is or isn't currently working with it. I'm not trying to be abrasive, but I am being direct. You need to grasp how to diagnose whether or not something is stable. "It hasn't crashed in weeks" means shit if all your players are doing is building shoeboxes with macerators.

From what you say I deduce that you eiter have your period or your menopause. Seriously don't repeat yourself and for the love of God (or scientific theory, if you are an atheist like me :p) try being a little bit modest!

Reactions: dgdas9

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
In order to build a modpack, first you have to build half a modpack...

In order to have half a modpack, you must first have permissions.

In order to have permissions you must first have an idea.

In order to have an idea, you must have a brain.

Therefore, Enigmus shall never make a modpack.

Reactions: dgdas9

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
In order to have half a modpack, you must first have permissions.

In order to have permissions you must first have an idea.

In order to have an idea, you must have a brain.

Therefore, Enigmus shall never make a modpack.
i'm so going to use the term "for the love of scientific theory"

From what you say I deduce that you eiter have your period or your menopause. Seriously don't repeat yourself and for the love of God (or scientific theory, if you are an atheist like me :p) try being a little bit modest!

You guys are better then stand up commedy, I just laught over and over again...

Reactions: Bellaabzug21

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Without me, of course, because this has more than run its course and the longer it goes on, the more childish your chums become.

I'm so sorry that I made a post without you. That post was stupid and childish and it shall never happen again mas'r. Please don't whip me.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
LOL fighting fire with fire here since logic no longer applies :D

Logic never applied. It was merely a simplified variable that everyone obeyed without objection. That variable was simply removed from the situation in order to properly ensure that Enigmus realizes how ludicrous his "ideas" are. Until such time as a controller of the greater moderational power arrives, this is the most effective ward.

My smart moment of the day :cool:

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Before this thread gets locked for good, I have one last thing to say:

butthurt-form.jpg

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually pretty amusing how there's been all this discussion revolving around RR and then suddenly a bunch more people parachute into the thread and say "Hey how about RR?" seemingly having missed all the kerfuffle.
At least I'm not lumped in with Xeno and his goofy "I-dont-get-math paradoxes".
I thought Xeno was pretty good at math... oh wait, I'm thinking of X3n0ph0b3, not Xeno.