Am I the only one who likes the gregtech recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
First off, the steel tools; sure they need to be recharged with electricity, but you pretty much only need to make one and you're good forever, whereas pickaxes require constant rebuilding. I feel having to get steel for the tools is completely fair

As for the macerater, not only can this thing double all of your ore output, but it can also make you diamonds when combined with a compressor, and in normal Ic2 all you need is some materials that you barely need to go underground for (and if anybodies going to mention anything about the pulverize/induction smelter, they have their own hard mode recipes)

As for the solar panel, I think it's fair considering the fact that you can get electricity with literally no effort if you have one of these

And the Matterfabricator makes it quite a bit tougher to get quantum armor which literally grants you superpowers.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy the tedium.. I love all the recipes and how most items have some sort of use now besides recycler fodder. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of building a fusion reactor, but heh, why not try.. :D

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
No, around half of the people that have used Gregtech like it, and half don't. I don't like it at all, so I don't run it on my server. To each their own.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
My main issue with GregTech is it changes another mod's recipes for no reason other then to make getting those items harder. If it only added its own machines, functionality, and recipes that would be one thing, but as it is I don't support it. If the recipes for IC2 had been left alone I would be more inclined to play it. And yes I know you can turn them off, but they should have never been altered in the first place in my opinion.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
I love it. So far, the only thing I disagree with is the new compressor thats only real purpose is to make iridium plates. That bugs the hell out of me. Restoring gems from dust is just pointless in my opinion. Otherwise, bring on the pain! I'd never had made an enderman farm unless I needed 192 berylium, nor would I have a fully automated sorting system that also automatically centrifuges and electrolyzes other bits. I wish I'd had gone nuclear energy instead of advanced solar panels, because of how overpowered advanced solar panels are, and with eloraam's new computer controlled sorting machine I'd love to have an automated nuclear generator... or nine.

EDIT and without gregtech, I'd have never even touched railcraft or buildcraft. I'd like to see more connections made between mods... or, for gregtech to incorporate redpower 2 so that eloraam's lowtech stuff evolves into the high tech ic2 stuff, but that may have to remain a dream.

Reactions: TigersFangs

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I'd had gone nuclear energy instead of advanced solar panels, because of how overpowered advanced solar panels are,

Um... you know you always can. Just feed all them solars into a recycler and get yourself to building some other power syetem.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Um... you know you always can. Just feed all them solars into a recycler and get yourself to building some other power syetem.
I already have 12 ultimate hybrid solar panels, a quarry in the End for helium 3, and have a zombie farm and a wheat farm producing methane (which eventually turns into deuterium). We have no reason to go back and build nuclear reactors.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I already have 12 ultimate hybrid solar panels, a quarry in the End for helium 3, and have a zombie farm and a wheat farm producing methane (which eventually turns into deuterium). We have no reason to go back and build nuclear reactors.

You always have reason. Becuase. That simple if you think solar is OP trash it and build something else.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
My main issue with GregTech is it changes another mod's recipes for no reason other then to make getting those items harder. If it only added its own machines, functionality, and recipes that would be one thing, but as it is I don't support it. If the recipes for IC2 had been left alone I would be more inclined to play it. And yes I know you can turn them off, but they should have never been altered in the first place in my opinion.
this. Gregtech is an arrogant mod that assumes too much. Make your own shit and leave the other mods alone.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like the recipes, I think they give FTB a more "unified" feel, for example, steel, it basically lets you make a choice, you can go the safe and resource intensive route to mine for enough ores to make a GregTech Industrial Blast Furnace, or you can go the more dangerous route and explore the nether for a Railcraft Blast Furnace. I believe the last thread to have a poll about GregTech a month ago had about 60% of people in favor of it being in the modpack, so I suppose it's probably pretty even overall (assuming those numbers are still the same) for people who like/don't like the changed recipes.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech is awesome, no reason to hate it because you can easily turn everything it changes back to easy mode.
People don't even realize that the one who asked for hard mode are the mindcrack server guys, and those settings are there for servers whit lot's of people not for your "for fun" single player / private server.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Ha ha ha, build the ultimate reactor, the fusion one.

Well, you will need quite a lot of EU storage to be able not to loose the energy produced, but that thing is a beast when you can run it.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Ha ha ha, build the ultimate reactor, the fusion one.

Well, you will need quite a lot of EU storage to be able not to loose the energy produced, but that thing is a beast when you can run it.
I actually have one that I finished automating a couple day ago, and am experiencing technical difficulties trying to get it to feed into a power network. I made a post about it here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/fusion-reactor-troubles-1-4-6-which-side-is-output.7653/

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
First off, the steel tools; sure they need to be recharged with electricity, but you pretty much only need to make one and you're good forever, whereas pickaxes require constant rebuilding. I feel having to get steel for the tools is completely fair

As for the macerater, not only can this thing double all of your ore output, but it can also make you diamonds when combined with a compressor, and in normal Ic2 all you need is some materials that you barely need to go underground for (and if anybodies going to mention anything about the pulverize/induction smelter, they have their own hard mode recipes)

As for the solar panel, I think it's fair considering the fact that you can get electricity with literally no effort if you have one of these

And the Matterfabricator makes it quite a bit tougher to get quantum armor which literally grants you superpowers.

You Sir are correct on everything. How did you read my mind?

Agree 100% :)

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT and without gregtech, I'd have never even touched railcraft or buildcraft. I'd like to see more connections made between mods... or, for gregtech to incorporate redpower 2 so that eloraam's lowtech stuff evolves into the high tech ic2 stuff, but that may have to remain a dream.

Won't happen unless Eloraam gives permission, and unless I missed something I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon :p At least there's the blutricity engine though.

I really like how gregtech pulls everything together and offers me so many alternative recipes - which given the upped difficulty - encourage me to make the most out of all my materials.

Reactions: arkangyl

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
My playing experience without GregTech was a bit... I don't know... let's say obvious. IC2 machines, solar power going on, looking for some oil, refinery, quarry, RedPower cobblegen to a recycler, lava system in the nether, massfab, steady UU production within the first week of the game. Well, after a couple of week, I finally created my matterfab, but I'm not even close to producing enough EU to keep that guy supplied with the huge amount it demands. With the Mindcrack pack, I'm exploring every single aspect in this wonderful pack, mainly thanks to Greg. I often swear at him, that's for sure, but it's the challenge I've waited for so long in Minecraft modding world. Thanks Greg!