Am I the Only One that Prefers EBXL over BoP?

BoP or EBXL? Which one do you like better?

• Total voters

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
What sky color change? And anyway, part of the fun in Minecraft is surviving the onslaught of enemies, including the annoying ones like Jungle spiders. I didn't let the creeper or zombie infestations push me out of my village, and so when I found Jungle Spiders in my face, I built my house on top of them. They can infest the low lands all they like, the mountain is MINE.

The one thing I don't like is the extreme size of all the biomes. I have to go quite a long distance to get any variety at all.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Thank goodness for configs but it doesn't help with server play unless the owner is of a similar mindset. I can sympathize with the headache triggers. I suffer from migraines, so I know the feeling.
Which is why it is convenient that generally the packs I play I also build, SMP or not, I still have the final say in what goes in/what goes out :p Though lately my computer hasn't been able to handle big packs, so I've been having some fun with MagicWorld2, which of course has BoP, jungle spiders and all :/

What sky color change?
Next time you are at a biome-border, walk back and forth between the two and stare at the sky. Some biomes have a dark sky, some have a bright sky, and some, even have an orange sky.
And anyway, part of the fun in Minecraft is surviving the onslaught of enemies, including the annoying ones like Jungle spiders. I didn't let the creeper or zombie infestations push me out of my village, and so when I found Jungle Spiders in my face, I built my house on top of them. They can infest the low lands all they like, the mountain is MINE.

The one thing I don't like is the extreme size of all the biomes. I have to go quite a long distance to get any variety at all.
Eh, Jungle spiders don't seem necessary to me, and I can't stand them. My favorite biomes always have them spawning, and I usually end up finding a new biome to live in. Creepers and Zombies are easier than jungle spiders because their hitbox is decently sized. And in the sacred springs I'm currently living in, they seem to fall from the giant trees, so high or low, they'll still be there. And the large biomes are nice for megabuilds.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magicka brooms look funny in itemducts
2014-01-02_14.14.02.png

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You got tall trees? I hates you. All of mine are the little one block scrub trees. Until I planted firs for my tree farm, but that doesn't have a problem.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I think the only mod specific to terrain generation like this that I've not yet destroyed a world with so far is Highlands, but only because that's the only one I haven't tried yet.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, when automating apiaries there was a bug that gave hostile environment in ebxl biomes if the apiary chunk was unloaded and then reloaded.

break and reset the apiary fixed it, but it was a pain when you had several tangled in a web of bc pipes to do that to o.o

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Bees, does anyone else kinda like the giant hives that BoP adds in the nether. (don't get me wrong, the bees are annoying [because they don't give up following you], but it adds more to the nether [along with the rest on BoP].)

Bedeude

Jul 29, 2019
I've played FTB's Mindcrack, then Ultimate when it first came out, Unleashed, Horizons and now Magic Farm 2, and I have to say Biomes O'Plenty. Why? More choices, and certain biomes from EBXL always dropped my fps to shit (those crappy marshes and redwood forests of it). I also think the biomes look better, you can live in any biome just gotta put the effort into clearing the area. I do, however, use the Soartex Texture Pack and keep it up to date. And for people having fps problems in most biomes in general, make sure javaw.exe is set as a 3D application in your control panel. Other than the 2 EXBL biomes dropping my fps, I never had a fps problem with either. Lastly, celestial crystal from BoP in the PL! Aka 'blue glowstone' looks gorgeous in soartex!

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer Extra Biomes XL. Every time i make a BoP world, I never find a village... ever. I like Extra Biomes XL because of how many of their biomes that villages can spawn in. A second reason i prefer Extra biomes XL is because Bop adds way too much random aesthetic stuff. Extra biomes XL has very little aesthetic stuff. Also, because i hate them so, Those dumb fairies that spawn in the hundreds in BoP.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Dealing with villages is easy enough in BoP. Just check the config, there's a setting to control the distance between villages, and also all the biomes they can generate in. I reduced the distance between villages to 24 instead of 32, which balances the reduced chance of a village being generated due to the landscape.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Bees, does anyone else kinda like the giant hives that BoP adds in the nether. (don't get me wrong, the bees are annoying [because they don't give up following you], but it adds more to the nether [along with the rest on BoP].)
Those are hornets, not bees.
*edit, even I got corrected. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG and dwappo

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, wasps. I found one of those today not knowing what it was, but hey, now I've got some spare fuel! (Note that I was scared as hell when I broke a block and a bunch of wasps came rushing at me, while I was in a sulfur cloud over a giant pool of lava).
LOL. I stand corrected in an attempt to correct.

They still aren't bees. Hornets are the largest eusocial wasps. So all hornets ARE wasps, but not all wasps are hornets. :oops:

Reactions: SatanicSanta