Allow custom ModPack repositories to be added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aritzh

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the Launcher checks an online file/repo for updates on the official ModPacks/Maps/TexturePacks.

My idea is to add a config file where you could add the URL to a custom repo, so that people can add his custom MP/Maps/TP, and share it with other people.

The repo should obey to the official repo:
Code:
<modpacks>
<modpack name="ModPack Name" author="Author" version="version" logo="url-to-logo.png" url="url-to-modpack.zip" image="splash-image.png" dir="Name-Of-The-Folder" mcVersion="Minecraft-Version" serverPack="url-to-server-modpack.zip(or empty if none)" description="Description of the pack" mods="List of mods, separated by semicolon" />[/INDENT]
</modpacks>

Also, the official repo wouldn't be in the config, it would be hardcoded.

Hope this idea is helpful,

Aritzh

Reactions: FMan_0000 and Wix

Wix

Jul 29, 2019
This would be fantastic. I have a group of 20 friends that play on my server and none of them are very good at setting up the mods. No matter how easy it is, I still end up walking them through a 20 min process to get it going. With this, I could setup a repo and just walk them through the config change.

Please consider this!

Zokudu

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea. It would really make the FTBLauncher a great tool for custom server setups.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
we will actually be allowing for private modpacks to be distributed officially, it will be along the lines of typing in a custom code, that will add private packs to the list.

note that all private packs will require FULL permissions

MrJeff

Jul 29, 2019
Would that, then, also encompass the need to run on a slightly older pack version until the different servers you are on update? Example: If Server A is FTB v10, and Server B is FTB v12. Will we have ways to maintain instances for each server and still be able to test the released FTB v13 in SSP?

FMan_0000

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea. It could be easier like hell to set up your own server with your own custom modpack. But there should be another server section for custom modpacks, otherwise it will be hard as hell to find a "just FTB" server.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
Would that, then, also encompass the need to run on a slightly older pack version until the different servers you are on update? Example: If Server A is FTB v10, and Server B is FTB v12. Will we have ways to maintain instances for each server and still be able to test the released FTB v13 in SSP?
As things are right now, you can always download FTB server files to a new folder and launch it from there...

But as things are now, the server mod files cant be downloaded automatically like the Launcher does atm, a "server launcher" is a welcomed addition ;)

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like the idea here. I wonder if this could be made to work for both client and server options. With the filter settings. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.