All Becomes Grey [SIGNUP AND OOC THREAD] [ROLEPLAY] [POSSIBLE MATURE CONTENT]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cheese, version 1 spoilered.

Name: Loch Grimweld

Magiks: ? (Innate, poorly controlled-suppression, whichever field makes most sense. Natural?)

Appearance: Wiry build; 5`8". One brown eye, one missing eye. Two fingers missing from left hand. Tousled, unkempt hair. Pale complexion.

Personality: Twitchy, muttering, introspective. Frequently disagreeable. Nervous. Can regress to a more child-like state when afraid. Strong fear and dislike of magik and those who use it. Highly intelligent when focused on a technical objective; will often thoughtlessly produce offhand solutions to technical problems that would stump others.

Backstory: Wealthy merchant-class family (Clock-makers); orphaned as a child by a magically-induced fire; perpetrator unknown. Left to the streets, but noted by a Master of the local College for his ingenuity at escaping the tortures of the local urchins. Adopted and trained, but never acclimates to magical training and will only fully participate in the sciences, at which he is a prodigy. Years later an accidental magikal explosion occurs at the college which kills his only friend. A balance is tipped, rendering him perpetually paranoid regarding magik.

Equipment: Special goggles made by himself; right lens is specially modified to enhance depth perception.
A steam-powered repeating crossbow.

Stats (25 total):
Health: 3
Armour: 3
Agility: 6
Strength: 3
Accuracy: 5
Magical skill: 1
Magical defence: 4

Magical abilities (3 total):

Last edited:
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Magiks: ? (Innate, poorly controlled-suppression, whichever field makes most sense. Natural?)

Appearance: Wiry build; 5`8". One brown eye, one missing eye. Two fingers missing from left hand. Tousled, unkempt hair. Pale complexion.

Personality: Twitchy, muttering, introspective. Frequently disagreeable. Nervous. Can regress to a more child-like state when afraid. Strong fear and dislike of magik and those who use it. Highly intelligent when focused on a technical objective; will often thoughtlessly produce offhand solutions to technical problems that would stump others.

Backstory: Wealthy merchant-class family (Clock-makers); orphaned as a child by a magically-induced fire; perpetrator unknown. Left to the streets, but noted by a Master of the local College for his ingenuity at escaping the tortures of the local urchins. Adopted and trained, but never acclimates to magical training and will only fully participate in the sciences, at which he is a prodigy. Years later an accidental magikal explosion occurs at the college which kills his only friend. A balance is tipped, rendering him perpetually paranoid regarding magik.

Equipment: Special goggles made by himself; right lens is specially modified to enhance depth perception.

Stats (30 total):
Health: 4
Agility: 8
Accuracy: 6
Magical defence: 5

He's going to need those 3 abilities. Magical or not.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Stats (30 total):
Health: 4
Agility: 8
Accuracy: 6
Magical defence: 5

I was under the impression PC's had 25 stats total, although I know the first NPC has 30...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just went back and found a bunch of 25s too. I dunno if I managed to find a single 30 instance, or if Cheese or someone edited a 30.

I'll update mine to reflect 25.

Edit: done. Only had 28 to begin with fortunately.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I just went back and found a bunch of 25s too. I dunno if I managed to find a single 30 instance, or if Cheese or someone edited a 30.

I'll update mine to reflect 25.

Edit: done. Only had 28 to begin with fortunately.
NPCs will have different stat totals to you a lot of the time. Sorry for not telling you this.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place

Stats (25 total):
Health: 3
Agility: 6
Accuracy: 5
Magical defence: 4

Nice rolesheet, but I would recommend removing the part where it says he dislikes users of magic, as everyone else uses it. Just remove the 'and people who use it'.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Nice rolesheet, but I would recommend removing the part where it says he dislikes users of magic, as everyone else uses it. Just remove the 'and people who use it'.
Well, what is so bad about disliking everyone?
Especially as not everyone has made a role sheet and thus maybe someone else will make a character that doesn't use magic as well.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, what is so bad about disliking everyone?
Especially as not everyone has made a role sheet and thus maybe someone else will make a character that doesn't use magic as well.
I need to agree with len here. There's nothing wrong with me disliking the people I work with. It creates interesting character interactions, and personal obstacles to overcome.

Reactions: goreae and RealKC

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So he disliked the person who adopted him and his only 'friend'?
Order of events:
1) Bad magical things happen
2) Loch is seriously nervous about magic and is orphaned/urchined
3) Loch is adopted by a Master at a College. The college presumably deals with Magical and Pseudo-Magical arts, similar to the colleges in Name of The Wind, one of the best books ever.
4) Loch is educated, but does poorly in "true" magics, and does well in "pseudo" magics, e.g. what we call science
5) Loch has no friends because he's weird
6) Loch befriends someone in a pseudo-magic class, but finds that the friend really enjoys magic. Despite this difference of opinion, they manage to maintain the friendship.
7) Loch loses that friend to a magical accident.
8) Loch loses his already-tenuous grip on reality: Magic sucks.
9) Loch leaves the college. That place is too magical.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Order of events:
1) Bad magical things happen
2) Loch is seriously nervous about magic and is orphaned/urchined
3) Loch is adopted by a Master at a College. The college presumably deals with Magical and Pseudo-Magical arts, similar to the colleges in Name of The Wind, one of the best books ever.
4) Loch is educated, but does poorly in "true" magics, and does well in "pseudo" magics, e.g. what we call science
5) Loch has no friends because he's weird
6) Loch befriends someone in a pseudo-magic class, but finds that the friend really enjoys magic. Despite this difference of opinion, they manage to maintain the friendship.
7) Loch loses that friend to a magical accident.
8) Loch loses his already-tenuous grip on reality: Magic sucks.
9) Loch leaves the college. That place is too magical.
OK fine. If you really want to rp a character that is supposed to be good but hates everyone go ahead. You can't say I didn't warn you.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
OK fine. If you really want to rp a character that is supposed to be good but hates everyone go ahead. You can't say I didn't warn you.
There is a difference between hate and dislike.

And even though you dislike something you can be glad that it exist/is the way it is.

Reactions: Pyure

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I enjoy non-simplistic fictional relationships :)
Then go ahead I'm gonna be disappointed if he just suddenly comes to terms with magik. You have to find a realistic way that he overcomes his fear and dislikes. Or he could not, and become further and further depressed and terrified.