Ako the Builder: FTB Infinity , Regrowth, Pathfinder & Resonant Rise Let's Plays!

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 63 is up - a recap of what I've done in the previous 62 episodes (small sound issue though, grr!), so if you only watch one of my episodes, it probably should be this one :D

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I've just added a world download of my beginner's guide world to he first post of this thread, episode 20 is currently uploading. Once that is up I'll be uploading episode 65 of my let's play (plus world download) which is the final episode for season 0 as tomorrow We'll be putting the new 1.5 ultimate beta onto our server and I'll be starting season 1!

Thanks for reading
biggrin.png

edit: the ultimate pack was delayed! I made a 3 more episodes after this one before finally wrapping the series up.

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
this is the most entertaining Let's play i've seen in quite awhile. The beginers guide got me interested in minecraft again after Steam and GOG.com ran sales of some pretty cheep games but this brought me back. + you cracked me every once in awile with some random things you say like in one of your episodes you pointed out how you put your important stuff in your endorpouch to keep it safe and there was a wooden hoe in it and you pointed that out. just funny things like that. i bet you hit 1000 subs very soon. last i checked you were at 985 i think.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
this is the most entertaining Let's play i've seen in quite awhile. The beginers guide got me interested in minecraft again after Steam and GOG.com ran sales of some pretty cheep games but this brought me back. + you cracked me every once in awile with some random things you say like in one of your episodes you pointed out how you put your important stuff in your endorpouch to keep it safe and there was a wooden hoe in it and you pointed that out. just funny things like that. i bet you hit 1000 subs very soon. last i checked you were at 985 i think.

Thanks for the message, positive feedback like this really makes it worth it :D Glad you're finding it enjoyable and never underestimate the value of a wooden hoe hehehe!

Reactions: Odenite

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, new world upload for episode 30 of the beginner's guide has been added to the first post of this thread. Episode 30 is still encoding so here is episode 29 of you're new to the thread and want to see a recent video:

Still waiting on a 1.5 version of FTB to be made available so we can restart the server and start a new let's play season....

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
i've been having issues updating the pack. I click the recommended drop down box and select 1.1.0 and it doesn't update even when i hit the force update button before launch.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, not sure what's going on there. In that situation I reckon I'd hide my client folder somewhere else and see if it updates then, good luck Odenite.

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
got it updated finally. but now my minim stone is failing like yours does. can't turn logs into obsidion anymore and can only upgrade iron/gold into diamonds and can no longer turn gold into iron.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Cool that you got it sorted, I can only presume that the minium stone issue is something wrong with the version of ee3 included in 1.1.0. It never bothered me too much though so i didn't look for a solution/fix, there maybe one around somewhere.

Odenite

Jul 29, 2019
i got a note on my launcher today saying they were updateing but you'd have to put in a password in the private pack box. Are you going to start your world over from scratch now or wait for the offical reliease of 1.5/1.6 of the Ultimate pack?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The private pack is going to be the only 1.5 version of an ftb pack as far as I understand it. That is the pack I'm going to restart my let's play on, but on a server with some friends rather than on my own.

A couple of weeks into that I'll decide whether to do a new beginner's guide series for that version or wait for a 1.6 ultimate pack to do a beginner's series, depending on what we know at the time.

Reactions: Odenite

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I've now got a new let's play series up for the FTB 1.5.2 Beta pack which will be going out daily at my usual let's play time of 12 pm GMT. The first episode and playlist are linked below and in the first post of this thread :)

playlist

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
added a world download for the 1.5.2 server to the original post of this thread, world snapshot was taken around the end of episode 2. Episode 2 is now live:

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I've just finished recording the last episode in my beginner's guide series, the series will be back in the future when we get a stable/recommended FTB ultimate pack for 1.5/1.6 minecraft!

Here's the lnk for the final world download: link

Beginner's Guide Episode 50: