Agrarian Skies: Sugar High

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
After abit of testing, i feel like you should reduce the string cost to 7 atleast, remove 2 corners, 9 suger cane per string is quite insane.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
After abit of testing, i feel like you should reduce the string cost to 7 atleast, remove 2 corners, 9 suger cane per string is quite insane.
I'm changing it to 4 sugarcane and a stick, which totals to 6 sugarcane. 9 is quite a lot. Lore-wise, you are spooling the fibres around the stick to make a spool of string.

EDIT: I also changed the sword recipe to output a regular wooden sword. I didn't know the fusewood sword had the strength of iron when I originally made the recipe.

Last edited:

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been playing this map quite a lot today, and I have to say that this has been my favorite map for Agrarian Skies by far. I personally enjoyed the amount of time it took to get a tree. (It took me about 20 minutes) The difficulty is perfect.

In a span of about 2 hours in total, I have just gotten to my first machines, which is good.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
The map is cool but it only changes the begging .... could you mayb change the the quest book so theres something different in the map

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Have you disabled sieving accorns ?, because that may break the map quite alot since you can get tree seeds easier.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The map is cool but it only changes the begging .... could you mayb change the the quest book so theres something different in the map

I have no idea what I would even change, besides the very beginning of the quest line to involve sugarcane-type stuff instead of tree stuff, and a few quests to teach you the new recipes an stuff.

Have you disabled sieving accorns ?, because that may break the map quite alot since you can get tree seeds easier.
No, you misunderstand. The sapling recipe is meant for people having crap luck, like I was in testing, and sieving lots of dirt but not getting a single tree. So you can gather the 9 dirt to get a sapling, or you can try your luck at the sieve.

I have also uploaded a new version. All it changes is it removes the flint from the starting chest. It was making the sapling recipe far too easy. It also changes the fusewood sword recipe to craft a regular wood sword.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
You could make more automation challenges. .. and add a sugar cane to hoarding aswell as caramel with hells kitchen

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
This seems pretty darn cool.
Maybe have a for the hoarding quest for sugar cane, a caramel hell's kitchen quest, and a starting automated sugar farm near the end of learning to skyblock.
EDIT: Just noticed the for the hoarding and hell's kitchen ones are duplicate from another comment. Oops, sorry, din't see it.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
Yea if there were more quests it would be amazing something to make it a little more different

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
If you can make custom HQM quests the same way you can for minetweaker, I will definitely try to make my own quest line.
It's actually a pretty nifty system, you turn on edit mode via /hqm command, and it has a very nice user interface. It's rather easy to make just a couple of quests.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
Yea the problem is what to right about the quesy thing

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to make quests, I'm just not sure if they're able too be distributed with a map instead of a modpack.
You could release the folder with the quests along in a folder with the map possibly, don't quote me on that though

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
Ask jaded if it is possible to do it for a map and not for a modpack

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You could release the folder with the quests along in a folder with the map possibly, don't quote me on that though
I'm not going to do quests if players have to overwrite the quests for the entire modpack. The only way that I'll do quests is if I can make them only affect this map.

@Jadedcat since you're pretty much an expert at HQM dev, do you know if there is a way to publish a map with custom quests without overwriting all of the quests for the pack?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to do quests if players have to overwrite the quests for the entire modpack. The only way that I'll do quests is if I can make them only affect this map.

@Jadedcat since you're pretty much an expert at HQM dev, do you know if there is a way to publish a map with custom quests without overwriting all of the quests for the pack?
this shows where the quests go, not sure when it does, but it does, i am pretty sure you delete something in the config file orsomething like that...