Agrarian Skies: Sugar High

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've noticed that the map is far too liner at the beginning, offering no chance for growth until you get a bucket. I'm changing that by adding a recipe for water. This way you can use dirt and water sources to expand your area. I will also release a more difficult mapp, giving you 4 sugarcane plants instead of 32.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
I tried doing some of my own quests in that map and it was pretty awesome but once I had exited and re logged it lost all of it

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
Dammit Ill try it again tomorrow and ill post a picture of what I changed

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to do quests if players have to overwrite the quests for the entire modpack. The only way that I'll do quests is if I can make them only affect this map.

@Jadedcat since you're pretty much an expert at HQM dev, do you know if there is a way to publish a map with custom quests without overwriting all of the quests for the pack?

Nope. To write new quests you have to start with a new book. That is intentional. I am fine with people making maps for the pack. However if you re-release my book with quests added I am not ok with that. It also will cause problems if I update the book with more quests after you add quests.

If you want different quests, write your own book.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Nope. To write new quests you have to start with a new book. That is intentional. I am fine with people making maps for the pack. However if you re-release my book with quests added I am not ok with that. It also will cause problems if I update the book with more quests after you add quests.

If you want different quests, write your own book.
I just want to know if I can release custom quests without forcing a player to overwrite your quests. It's just not worth it if players have to use my quests on all maps, or swap around quest files when they want to play a different map. I'm fine with writing my own book, but I won't even bother if I can't make my quests only load on the one map.

What I'm talking about is like how minetweaker does it. You have the minetweaker folder in the config folder that loads on every map, but you can also make a minetweaker folder in the save folder that loads over the recipes in the config folder. Is there something similar to that in HQM? If so, I'm totally making my own quest line. If not, it's simply not worth it.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to know if I can release custom quests without forcing a player to overwrite your quests.
im pretty sure all the quests are saved in a specific file called quests.hqm, so probably not... you would need to somehow be able to copy all data from your quests into that file, though that would be a nice feature to be able to have multiple books from different authors and combine them in game

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Uploading update now. New recipes:
4 sugarcane and one mixing bowl = 1 water droplet
4 water droplet = 1 water source
4 sugar + 1 dirt = 4 sand

Here's my thinking. sugarcane is quite watery, but most of the water is stuck in the fibers and can't be retrieved reliably without better tools. 4 sugarcane can get a decent sized droplet, though. For later-game balance, it isn't breaking anything. There are three other things too do with water droplets: mechanized sponge (what are you going to soak up?), fish scanner (requires several other types of droplets.) and smelting into water. (just make an aqueous accumulator) The water source block can't be used to sift fish. It can only be used to place down. I used water source block because I want it to be immediately available without supplying a possibly tier-breaking bucket. For the sand, sand really isn't all that useful. You can turn it into dust for clay, but you still need a furnace to smelt a crucible or a clay bucket. 4 sand costs 17 sugarcane, meaning about 4 sugarcane per sand. You still need a block to place under the sand so it doesn't fall. That's an extra 2 sugarcane minimum before cobblestone.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to know if I can release custom quests without forcing a player to overwrite your quests. It's just not worth it if players have to use my quests on all maps, or swap around quest files when they want to play a different map. I'm fine with writing my own book, but I won't even bother if I can't make my quests only load on the one map.

What I'm talking about is like how minetweaker does it. You have the minetweaker folder in the config folder that loads on every map, but you can also make a minetweaker folder in the save folder that loads over the recipes in the config folder. Is there something similar to that in HQM? If so, I'm totally making my own quest line. If not, it's simply not worth it.

Yeah the config file is encrypted. Specifically to prevent that. Sorry.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Yeah the config file is encrypted. Specifically to prevent that. Sorry.
If that was possible, people could make all sorts of maps with entirely different quest lines and have them all loaded on the same instance without issue. People could make a map using HQM on, say monster and have their players only install the mod and the map is good to go without any fuss. I could have my own sugar-themed quests, and rewrite a bunch of recipes for new quests and provide a whole new experience, and all my players would have to do is install a map. Nothing new or complicated. Easy. HQM would use the quest files contained in the save folder instead of in the config folder. If there are no quests in the save folder it uses the quests in config.

I would honestly love to make my own quests, but doing so would be horribly messy. Sorry all.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
If that was possible, people could make all sorts of maps with entirely different quest lines and have them all loaded on the same instance without issue. People could make a map using HQM on, say monster and have their players only install the mod and the map is good to go without any fuss. I could have my own sugar-themed quests, and rewrite a bunch of recipes for new quests and provide a whole new experience, and all my players would have to do is install a map. Nothing new or complicated. Easy. HQM would use the quest files contained in the save folder instead of in the config folder. If there are no quests in the save folder it uses the quests in config.

I would honestly love to make my own quests, but doing so would be horribly messy. Sorry all.

If it was possible people could also take the quests I worked hard on , rewrite them slightly and a few quests and a mod or 2 and call it a new pack. Personally I'd like to see the ability to write multiple books in the same instance, so there could be seperate quest books for each mod. But I don't want people adding new quests to my pack.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
If it was possible people could also take the quests I worked hard on , rewrite them slightly and a few quests and a mod or 2 and call it a new pack. Personally I'd like to see the ability to write multiple books in the same instance, so there could be seperate quest books for each mod. But I don't want people adding new quests to my pack.
You can already edit your questbook. I've done it. I went into the config and turned edit mode on there and added a few quests to your book to test if map-only quests work. I just changed the one line in the config. The two new quests are caramel and sugarcane.

2014-05-28_18.01.57.png

What's stopping me from adding some quests and a few mods and calling it a new pack? I'm not saying I would, but I could. Either the encryption whatever isn't working right, or whatevs.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
You can already edit your questbook. I've done it. I went into the config and turned edit mode on there and added a few quests to your book to test if map-only quests work. I just changed the one line in the config. The two new quests are caramel and sugarcane.

View attachment 11324

What's stopping me from adding some quests and a few mods and calling it a new pack? I'm not saying I would, but I could. Either the encryption whatever isn't working right, or whatevs.

Oh right.. sorry I'll change the encryption , I had left it alone so people could use the /edit command to fix issues. But if people are going to start modifying my book, I'll have to change that.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Oh btw... we added a new world Category on Curse... Modded Worlds, I added Sugar High to that category in addition to the others

Reactions: goreae

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
@Jadedcat is it ohk if I add some of my own quests my and friends love the modpack but we want more quests for our lans????

Vswe

Jul 29, 2019
That's how the encryption works, once locked you can't open it in edit mode. Also, you can put quests into the world folder and therefore overwriting the config quests just for that specific world.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
That's how the encryption works, once locked you can't open it in edit mode. Also, you can put quests into the world folder and therefore overwriting the config quests just for that specific world.
Where do you put the quests at? I've tried making a HQM folder, copying an edited quests.hqm into the world folder, and putting the file into the hardcorequesting folder.