Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riekman

Jul 29, 2019
See my note below on a possible bandaid. Secondly, why do you have a tesseract dumping into an ME, with an import bus pulling from it? The ME interface works as an import bus for things that can put items into it (that need a nearby inventory). E.g: I have an ME int with a recipie for sand->glass, sitting on the blue side of a redstone furnace. Two itemducts connect an output side of the furnace, inputting into the ME int. Once they're deposited in they're pulled into the ME network.

I was under the impression that the ME Interface works as a Basic Import Bus rather than a Precision, therefore it would be too slow to capture all of the items I dump into it. But thanks, I actually never really gave thought to it.

Doesn't just re-setting the network work? I slapped a piece of dark cable dangling off my MAC, then put a lever next to it. When the network would flake out like that (recipies wouldn't craft, etc) I would just need to toggle the lever, the ME network would reset, and all would be good.

I would doubt that would work because the MAC is not "part" of the network once you return from the nether. However, I haven't tried this either. In the mean time I kept my chunks loaded and that seemed to work. I will do some testing tonight and come back with my results.

Aaaand in other news, another BUG with v3.1.1:
Crafting White Stained Glass only works with (1x Porcelain Clay + 1x Glass = 1 White Stained Glass). However, a recipes also exists for (1x <DYE> + 3x Glass = 3 <DYE> Stained Glass). This recipe, however, does not work with porcelain clay. Not that big of a train smash since we have bonemeal and clay in overabundance, but would be useful nonetheless.

Tezorian

Jul 29, 2019
Description: After placing the -cyanite processor- there is a CTD and am no longer able to load my world as this results in an instant CTD on load.
Version: 3.1.1
Crash report: http://pastebin.com/7WjiA5va

edit: After reverting to a back-up, there was a shimmerlight where i placed the processor. Not sure if it's related, but thaumcraft has a few bugs, so it might.

Last edited:

Karl_III

Jul 29, 2019
Accidentally left clicking with a crook (specifically a bone crook) on a glimmer of light from a Thaumcraft Arcane Lamp causes the game to crash.

Henrik Dalgaard

Jul 29, 2019
Cracked seared bricks, is there a time line on when thy will be fixed, getting realy close to that is the only thing I need, to hopefully unlock the last quest in the end.

Last edited:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that the ME Interface works as a Basic Import Bus rather than a Precision, therefore it would be too slow to capture all of the items I dump into it. But thanks, I actually never really gave thought to it.

I would doubt that would work because the MAC is not "part" of the network once you return from the nether. However, I haven't tried this either. In the mean time I kept my chunks loaded and that seemed to work. I will do some testing tonight and come back with my results.
Slow? I've never run into an issue with speed and the ME Interface, but OTOH I haven't had crazy fast dumping of items into it. Whenever I've used it to clear my inventory (Shift, then spam clicking on my items in inventory) they disappear as quickly as added.

It's not part of the network, but any change to the ME network should re-initialize it, which should get it to recognize it again. This includes powering dark ME cable. I caused an issue on an old map by using level emitters to enable dark cable feeding craft-mode precision export busses. This meant that the network was constantly re-initializing, as the level of items would dance above and below the emitter threshold. oopsie.[DOUBLEPOST=1405638490][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cracked seared bricks, is there a time line on when thy will be fixed, getting realy close to that is the only thing I need, to hopefully unlock the last quest in the end.
SSP or SMP with others? You could always use MineTweaker to add a crafting recipie. :p 8 seared stone bricks around vanilla cracked bricks (or cobblestone), would give 8 cracked seared stone bricks.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian Skies refuses to load.

http://pastebin.com/Vzbq1mGu

Standard procedure:
1) Select AS
2) Mojang Logo
3) Crash

You're using java 6.

Get the latest version of 64 bit java:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Make sure from the FTB options that you are running the 64 bit version. The path should be C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
If you're not running a 64-bit OS, then still update to the latest 32-bit version, but note that it may be additional challenge to get an acceptable play rate, but I suppose AS is a bit lighter than other modpacks in comparison, since it's a sky block.

Check if it still doesn't work after upadting.

Ryan Hennen

Jul 29, 2019
Probably guessing it has to do with fluiducts or deep tanks or something.

But yeah, "there's some dupe bugs, I know about them; stop posting them" says first post.

I really feel like people don't understand what they're supposed to be posting in this thread half the time...this is the bug report thread for Agrarian Skies, not for every mod in AS. Like, the reports should really strictly be limited to: map issues, quest and quest progression issues, and crafting recipe issues including availability, accessability, cross mod issues, and maybe balance.

The above issue about HQM on the previous page is actually BECAUSE of AS being as large of an implementation of HQM as it is, but is still ultimately HQM's fault not being able to handle the heavy load that's thrown at it, so posting about it here doesn't really get much solved. Like the only thing jaded would be able to do is remove quests :\

Enable OPIS client side and server side (if it isn't already; disabled by default, at least for client) and type /opis while in game. Check if there are any outstandingly high update entities or tile entities, and check that your server's TPS and ping is ok. It may sound strange, but even in single player your ping can spike if the internal server is having issues.

I tried using the /opis command, but that command doesn't exist... HALP!

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using the /opus command but there's no such command... HALP!

I, not U. /opis

In case that was a typo in your post, not in game, sorry, had to make sure it wasn't that simple. Next step...do you actually have the mod enabled? It is disabled by default. Before launching FTB from teh launcher, click to Edit Mods, then move Opis from the Disabled side to the Enabled side. Then you should have it in-game.

If you are playing on a server, I understand it needs to be enabled there too.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
I tried using the /opis command, but that command doesn't exist... HALP!

Go to your FTB instance's mod folder for AS and change opis to not have .disabled in the file name. By default, it comes disabled on the client.

By default, it comes enabled on server end though.

Then you'll be able to use the /opis command.

Also opis now opens in a separate window. It might be behind your mincraft window.

He said it didn't exist, indicating he didn't have the mod on client or server side or both. :p
Assuming he spelled it correctly when he tried to actually use it...

Last edited:

Collin Baillie

Jul 29, 2019
AS 3.1.1 comes with a ServerStart.sh which contains Microsoft newlines. The file must have been edited or created in Windows (or is a renamed copy of the ServerStart.bat file). The resultant ^M at the end of the line turns 'nogui' into 'nogui^M' and is ignored, starting the server with a GUI everytime, which will fail when running from commandline with no X display.

Also, the ServerStart.sh includes the command 'pause' which is not a valid *nix command and won't work in MacOS or Linux.

I have fixed the file's CRLF vs CR line endings and changed 'pause' to a more Unixy way of waiting for the user after the server ends. You can find the fixed script at:

http://www.xorotude.com/mc/serverstart.html

and you're welcome to use it to replace the existing ServerStart.sh in the pack.

tifkat

Riekman

Jul 29, 2019
Slow? I've never run into an issue with speed and the ME Interface, but OTOH I haven't had crazy fast dumping of items into it. Whenever I've used it to clear my inventory (Shift, then spam clicking on my items in inventory) they disappear as quickly as added.

It's not part of the network, but any change to the ME network should re-initialize it, which should get it to recognize it again. This includes powering dark ME cable. I caused an issue on an old map by using level emitters to enable dark cable feeding craft-mode precision export busses. This meant that the network was constantly re-initializing, as the level of items would dance above and below the emitter threshold. oopsie.

Right... so I did some testing. And here are a few results:

* ME Interfaces connected with ordinary cable are as fast as (if not faster) precision import busses. I later realized that most of my ME Ints actually were not connected with import busses and that I was smarter than I thought. Only 1 of my very first ME Ints had an import bus connected to it. silly me.

RE: To the nether and back, causes a big ME network hAcK:
* I tested both the (Remove controller and put back) and (Toggle Dark ME Cable) tricks. They both work... only for resetting the ME network. I still, however, have a problem with the harvesters+grinders not working even though the ME network was reset. Maybe the tesseracts are affected too?? But that would be weird because they relay power just fine after I return from the nether.
NOTE: This bug only happens when you stayed in the nether long enough for the overworld to unload all it's chunks. Therefore a chunk loader was my only answer to keep stuff working after my picnics in hell. And a tip: Keep your power generating chunks loaded as well!! Had my 4 turbines run out of rpm completely and had a blackout for like 10mins because I was too greedy with my 6 laser drills :p

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Silky jewel does not seem to work...
22fdf4d06c.png

Have you used the tool enough to level it up, and open a modifier slot? TinkerTweaks (sp) doesn't let the vanilla TiC upgrade method work on new tools.

FFFFFFFFFF forgot about that lmao.

Last edited:

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
HQM was updated to 4.0.6 fixing some of the server freezing bugs I've been mentioning related to detection quests and posted on their bug tracker about (I guess going to their bug tracker paid off :) ).

Can we expect an AS update with this patch to be high priority/very soon? Otherwise I'd like to patch up my server manually because it's been giving us a lot of grief :X

@Jadedcat
We were also wonder this? As far as the modpack has come 3.1.1 is pretty good, 3.1.2 with the HQM lag spike fix would be awesome :)

PlanerNL

Jul 29, 2019
THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME !
I don't know what to do anymore.. and I don't want to reset and redo all of the quests I did already :(
Anybody got a solution?

You need the apply some kind of particle effect on the jetpack. just try adding particles to your jetpack and check with everyone. had the same problem.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what mod adds this, or if this is a bug, but... I have an entity at the bottom of the world at 0,0 2014-07-19_13.24.49.pngAnd yeah, I installed Hunger Overhall, but it's been there before I installed it.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
I second this request. My LP is on hold until I can craft one of these seemingly uncraftable blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.