Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
AE is probably one of the more lag heavy mods in the pack. Everytime you change anything in AE you update the entire AE network.
You should wait for a second opinion or confirmation but that could definitely be the cause.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
Really? odd, I looked at the "known issues" and did a brief perusal of the last 10 pages or so in this thread and didn't see it.

Probably guessing it has to do with fluiducts or deep tanks or something.

But yeah, "there's some dupe bugs, I know about them; stop posting them" says first post.

I really feel like people don't understand what they're supposed to be posting in this thread half the time...this is the bug report thread for Agrarian Skies, not for every mod in AS. Like, the reports should really strictly be limited to: map issues, quest and quest progression issues, and crafting recipe issues including availability, accessability, cross mod issues, and maybe balance.

The above issue about HQM on the previous page is actually BECAUSE of AS being as large of an implementation of HQM as it is, but is still ultimately HQM's fault not being able to handle the heavy load that's thrown at it, so posting about it here doesn't really get much solved. Like the only thing jaded would be able to do is remove quests :\

Possible bug: I am unable to place certain blocks, so far it's mostly AE and ExtraCells, but maybe others, I have not many other mod blocks. I made sure I was in survival by changing to gamemode 0, and still can't place blocks. I can remove them just fine, but when I try to place them, they go right back into my inventory disappearing completely until I open an interface other than my inventory screen. I have tried everything I can think of, I even went into the config files for the mods and I haven't found anything that would cause this. My game was working perfectly fine yesterday, and nothing has been changed since I logged off last night... Ideas anyone?

Edit: Mkay, so, this same problem also happens when trying to use the wireless access point. So it's not just blocks...

Enable OPIS client side and server side (if it isn't already; disabled by default, at least for client) and type /opis while in game. Check if there are any outstandingly high update entities or tile entities, and check that your server's TPS and ping is ok. It may sound strange, but even in single player your ping can spike if the internal server is having issues.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that someone posted here before about only getting 2 items from legendary rewards but there was never a solution posted or anything from what I could tell, and I'm currently having the same issue on my server. My 2 friends I play with on there don't seem to have the same issue, it's just me. All the chances are around 20% for basic, and get higher as you advance bags, up to 50% for Legendary, giving me a book with an enchant, and some spaghetti and meatballs. Please help! :eek:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that someone posted here before about only getting 2 items from legendary rewards but there was never a solution posted or anything from what I could tell, and I'm currently having the same issue on my server. My 2 friends I play with on there don't seem to have the same issue, it's just me. All the chances are around 20% for basic, and get higher as you advance bags, up to 50% for Legendary, giving me a book with an enchant, and some spaghetti and meatballs. Please help! :eek:
You never churned your way through quest bags, curious about what the rewards would be, (then disposing of the items to not have an unfair advantage early on, of course) did you? Or spammed/gave yourself legendary bags and opened a bunch already? Or another variation on the above?

The game tracks what players get, and won't continue to give awesome bag rewards repeatedly. If you want to do something like that, make sure you do it in a separate savegame/sandbox server, not a savegame/server you're playing legit on.

Riekman

Jul 29, 2019
BUG:
I have a bunch of harvesters/grinders set up to receive energy and return items/fluid through tesseracts. The "HOME" tesseract is connected to my ME system and has a Fluid Import Bus on it for the fluids and ME Interface to collect items. The ME Interface, of course, then has the Precision Import Bus connected on it. So here is the bug: The system is working perfectly well, however, sometimes if I enter the nether and come back, all harvesters+grinders stop working. And by working I mean the harvester/grinder sits on "idle" and do no "work". They receive energy just fine and there are no backstuffed items in the ME Interface and I have plenty of fluid storage to spare. Picking up and placing harvesters/grinders back down does not solve this problem.

(Note: Now that I think about it, I am not 100% sure if this happened to my harvesters. I can't remember well enough, but the grinders are a certain problem)

EDIT: Yes, indeed it affects the harvesters as well. Actually, it affects the whole ME network. I've noticed that the ME Molecular Assembler Chamber also reverts to a "Structure Not Complete" state.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
BUG:
I have a bunch of harvesters/grinders set up to receive energy and return items/fluid through tesseracts. The "HOME" tesseract is connected to my ME system and has a Fluid Import Bus on it for the fluids and ME Interface to collect items. The ME Interface, of course, then has the Precision Import Bus connected on it. So here is the bug: The system is working perfectly well, however, sometimes if I enter the nether and come back, all harvesters+grinders stop working. And by working I mean the harvester/grinder sits on "idle" and do no "work". They receive energy just fine and there are no backstuffed items in the ME Interface and I have plenty of fluid storage to spare. Picking up and placing harvesters/grinders back down does not solve this problem.

(Note: Now that I think about it, I am not 100% sure if this happened to my harvesters. I can't remember well enough, but the grinders are a certain problem)

EDIT: Yes, indeed it affects the harvesters as well. Actually, it affects the whole ME network. I've noticed that the ME Molecular Assembler Chamber also reverts to a "Structure Not Complete" state.

I had this happen. Break then replace the ME controller. Then make sure to keep the aria chunk loaded. That was my fix.

Timid

Jul 29, 2019
You never churned your way through quest bags, curious about what the rewards would be, (then disposing of the items to not have an unfair advantage early on, of course) did you? Or spammed/gave yourself legendary bags and opened a bunch already? Or another variation on the above?

The game tracks what players get, and won't continue to give awesome bag rewards repeatedly. If you want to do something like that, make sure you do it in a separate savegame/sandbox server, not a savegame/server you're playing legit on.

Ahhh. Okies. :eek: I was curious as to what kind of stuff you could get later on, andddd then an incident happened with my hold down right click macro on my mouse.......... >.< I'll just throw my bags at my friends from now on. lol
Thanks! :3

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
BUG:

See my note below on a possible bandaid. Secondly, why do you have a tesseract dumping into an ME, with an import bus pulling from it? The ME interface works as an import bus for things that can put items into it (that need a nearby inventory). E.g: I have an ME int with a recipie for sand->glass, sitting on the blue side of a redstone furnace. Two itemducts connect an output side of the furnace, inputting into the ME int. Once they're deposited in they're pulled into the ME network.

I had this happen. Break then replace the ME controller. Then make sure to keep the aria chunk loaded. That was my fix.
Doesn't just re-setting the network work? I slapped a piece of dark cable dangling off my MAC, then put a lever next to it. When the network would flake out like that (recipies wouldn't craft, etc) I would just need to toggle the lever, the ME network would reset, and all would be good.

Ahhh. Okies. :eek: I was curious as to what kind of stuff you could get later on, andddd then an incident happened with my hold down right click macro on my mouse.......... >.< I'll just throw my bags at my friends from now on. lol
Thanks! :3

NP. That's come up a few times between the 3 threads I watch. Sucks if you dumped the rewards, so hopefully your friends are willing to share! :D

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
I may be doing something wrong, but under Bragging Rights, Tinkerer won't recognize the crafting of Chiseled Seared Bricks. I tried crafting from the AE system, from the inventory and from a crafting table. No luck with any of them. Should I be using a specific chisel or something? Also, for that same quest, there seems to be no recipe for crafting the cracked bricks...

D

Deleted member 38496

According to the FTB wiki, putting Mariculture Limestone in a crucible produces Natural Gas. However Limestone refuses to melt in crucibles for me.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you have something left over in your crucible furnace? I did (fish oil) and it wouldn't melt for me when the fish oil was leftover in there. :oops:

Other than that it just had to reach the correct temperature.

D

Deleted member 38496

Maybe you have something left over in your crucible furnace? I did (fish oil) and it wouldn't melt for me when the fish oil was leftover in there. :oops:

Other than that it just had to reach the correct temperature.
Not in a crucible furnace, in a crucible. The Ex Nihilo ones.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
I may be doing something wrong, but under Bragging Rights, Tinkerer won't recognize the crafting of Chiseled Seared Bricks. I tried crafting from the AE system, from the inventory and from a crafting table. No luck with any of them. Should I be using a specific chisel or something? Also, for that same quest, there seems to be no recipe for crafting the cracked bricks...
have you tried hitting the manual detect button in the quest book?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't just re-setting the network work? I slapped a piece of dark cable dangling off my MAC, then put a lever next to it. When the network would flake out like that (recipies wouldn't craft, etc) I would just need to toggle the lever, the ME network would reset, and all would be good.
That might work. I just told him about the way that worked for me. The point though was that chunk loading the aria prevents it from happening all together.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
HQM was updated to 4.0.6 fixing some of the server freezing bugs I've been mentioning related to detection quests and posted on their bug tracker about (I guess going to their bug tracker paid off :) ).

Can we expect an AS update with this patch to be high priority/very soon? Otherwise I'd like to patch up my server manually because it's been giving us a lot of grief :X

Last edited:

Synnoc

Jul 29, 2019
In AS 3.1.1, sieving sand for rutile ore seems to be broken. It doesn't show as a possibility in NEI, and I ran 14 stacks of sand through the sieve and got zero rutile ore. As well, I am unable to put limestone in a crucible to get natural gas. It just won't go inside the crucible. I'm trying to do a "no nether" run (except maybe for the quest), so this has made titanium essentially unobtainable until the late game and the MFR laser.

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
In AS 3.1.1, sieving sand for rutile ore seems to be broken. It doesn't show as a possibility in NEI, and I ran 14 stacks of sand through the sieve and got zero rutile ore. As well, I am unable to put limestone in a crucible to get natural gas. It just won't go inside the crucible. I'm trying to do a "no nether" run (except maybe for the quest), so this has made titanium essentially unobtainable until the late game and the MFR laser.

Getting rutile was from limestone if I remember correctly, but after much unsuccess fixing the hammer-limestone dupe glitch, it may have been removed for that reason :[

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
HQM was updated to 4.0.6 fixing some of the server freezing bugs I've been mentioning related to detection quests and posted on their bug tracker about (I guess going to their bug tracker paid off :) ).

Can we expect an AS update with this patch to be high priority/very soon? Otherwise I'd like to patch up my server manually because it's been giving us a lot of grief :X
I hope so too as its causing a bit of problems on my server which is growing just nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.