Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well i saw the paper tool rod couldn't be made from a tool rod pattern but it says cactus should. I tried cactus and it does not work...
Do you have enough cactus?
you should note that the advanced tools (Lumberaxe and hammer etc) require 8 or 3 of each material per part.
So you may need 8 cactus.

Bhoqure

Jul 29, 2019
Im making a pickaxe which is tool rod, tool binding (small one), pickaxe head. The tool rod and tool binding only cost 0.5 and the head costs 1 so in all terms it should make it for me but it does not... i put the cactus in the part builder with the tool pattern that i want and it appears with nothing to be put out,

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Im making a pickaxe which is tool rod, tool binding (small one), pickaxe head. The tool rod and tool binding only cost 0.5 and the head costs 1 so in all terms it should make it for me but it does not... i put the cactus in the part builder with the tool pattern that i want and it appears with nothing to be put out,
Can you upload a screenshot?

Bhoqure

Jul 29, 2019
Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 1.10.50 PM.png
Well here is the image of me trying to make a tool rod of cactus.

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 3.0.1, and an odd thing started happening when I was sifting dust. The "popping" sound you get when an item is produced starting repeating like rapid fire machine gun sounds, but no items were coming in. My console was reporting that Infernal mobs item config failed to find any matches for item ... (31:2, 3256:5, 13057:0... several others) Then my last two dust started duplicating. I'd sift them, then they would pop back into my inventory, so I'd sift them, they'd pop back... rinse and repeat. My console started complaining of being overburdened. (I have permgen set to 256)
I tried quitting and relogging and it helped for a few seconds then the error started again.
The file was too big for pastebin, so I uploaded it to my dropbox. Here's the link to my console log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohr3xesu80ij9w4/AG 3.0.1 error log.txt

Amanster09

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
Or this?
[INFO] [STDERR] Warning: version of ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-, 1.0.0.227 is newer than request 1.0.0.219
Or this?
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException

sorry for so many questions

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?
Or this?
[INFO] [STDERR] Warning: version of ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-, 1.0.0.227 is newer than request 1.0.0.219
Or this?
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException

sorry for so many questions

The first one sounds like a java issue. I would download the latest version of java 7 64 bit. A paste bin of the console log would help here.

Not sure on the second one about ForgeMultipart

The last one is again part of Java. If the Java re-install doesn't fix it I would try to force download the mod pack again.

KrixxisKai

Jul 29, 2019
Known issue. You can get the maps from curse.com
Both the Home Sweet Home and Flat maps

I did that, it did not give me either of those maps as options for starting out. The only one that I could get to load was the multiplayer smp map from earlier on, which is fine, because I am able to play. Just for some reason, it wouldn't recognize any of the other methods as playable maps. However, I was unaware that this had already been reported. Thank you for your response.

Ivy

Jul 29, 2019
there is still no way to make bamboo shoot seeds for a quest, I think it is disabled in config for some reason

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
there is still no way to make bamboo shoot seeds for a quest, I think it is disabled in config for some reason
IIRC you need to sift dirt.
don't quote me on that.

Edit:
Actually a very quick google and look in the configs leads me to this
B:bambooshootseeddropfromgrass=true
inside the PamHarvestCraft.cfg
So you need some bonemeal and some luck with the RNG

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC you need to sift dirt.
don't quote me on that.

Edit:
Actually a very quick google and look in the configs leads me to this
B:bambooshootseeddropfromgrass=true
inside the PamHarvestCraft.cfg
So you need some bonemeal and some luck with the RNG

or just spam bonemeal and sickle like crazy :p

Prezombie

Jul 29, 2019
The Steelworks mission (the first steel powered flight mission) has at least three typos.

on the left, It should say "Now that you have", not the you.

On the right, it should say "Pour molten seared stone over the "Materials and You" book".

As an aside note, when was the last time the early quest rewards were balanced? in the set of the quests you can finish in the first ten minutes, you get two pickaxes, one of which doesn't have the xp counter. You also get a non-TiCon stone axe bane of arthropods V, which seems just plain weird, as well as being a little redundant if you pick the axe over the pan in the earlier quest.

I kinda think it's against the spirit of TiCon to just hand the player the fully-made tools, don't you think replacing the tool rewards with Tier 2 tool rods makes more sense?

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
The Steelworks mission (the first steel powered flight mission) has at least three typos.

on the left, It should say "Now that you have", not the you.

On the right, it should say "Pour molten seared stone over the "Materials and You" book".

As an aside note, when was the last time the early quest rewards were balanced? in the set of the quests you can finish in the first ten minutes, you get two pickaxes, one of which doesn't have the xp counter. You also get a non-TiCon stone axe bane of arthropods V, which seems just plain weird, as well as being a little redundant if you pick the axe over the pan in the earlier quest.

I kinda think it's against the spirit of TiCon to just hand the player the fully-made tools, don't you think replacing the tool rewards with Tier 2 tool rods makes more sense?
About the vanilla tools.
The idea is to disenchant it. And use the enchantment on other things .
Also the tier 1 tools can have their parts upgraded. So you can choose which you want.

Prezombie

Jul 29, 2019
About the vanilla tools.

The idea is to disenchant it. And use the enchantment on other things.

Also the tier 1 tools can have their parts upgraded. So you can choose which you want.

Ah, well, that "idea" isn't exactly shared with the player, maybe it would be better to reward with the enchanted book outright then.

And yeah, the T1 tools can be upgraded, but they can't be dismantled. The point is, the early reward tools are high-tier rods with wooden blades. I think that if they simply rewarded the high-tier tool parts, a new player would actually have to build the tool themselves, and wouldn't waste time using a tool that didn't have the XP setting like the rest of the Ticon tools in the world would have.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, well, that "idea" isn't exactly shared with the player, maybe it would be better to reward with the enchanted book outright then.

And yeah, the T1 tools can be upgraded, but they can't be dismantled. The point is, the early reward tools are high-tier rods with wooden blades. I think that if they simply rewarded the high-tier tool parts, a new player would actually have to build the tool themselves, and wouldn't waste time using a tool that didn't have the XP setting like the rest of the Ticon tools in the world would have.
regarding the 1 tool without the XP mod...it doesn't really bother me as i just use the parts of it.

They set the high tier rods to make players work to upgrade them.
i.e. replace the tool head with the next tier tool head. so you can keep your XP
How is it better to get the tool parts and not the whole tool?

Finally, why would there be Bane of Arthropods on an Axe instead of a Sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.