Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcWIZrd67

Jul 29, 2019
... When running the laser drill its should take between 1-3 real life weeks to get a piece of Nether iridium. ...
I'm all for things taking a long time to accomplish. My biggest concern with this time frame is.... Do chunk loaders work when you are not logged in?

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for things taking a long time to accomplish. My biggest concern with this time frame is.... Do chunk loaders work when you are not logged in?

According to the config in ChickenChunks.cfg:

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=5

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Minefactory reloaded has a chunkloader that runs while offline but requires power.

ESSOvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
Some pictures might help us diagnose the problem. I have seen your series, so I am sure you know how they function and how to use them properly. Also, if you want to make a world download with a setup that does not work, I'd be happy to load it up and see if the problem still persists.
ok so here is my world I made in 2.1.3 & updated to 2.1.4 https://mega.co.nz/#!sxxwSZCC!Ty2CXRXtvsgvmAAgOWb6DR_UHZVpAq3Mdmc9vTCpsYc I have built the set up I first tried for you to test, I'm currently in creative building everything again & I've tried both ducts into different tanks from all direction nothing seems to work the lava is stuck in the duct if you can help me it would be great this is the last thing preventing me continuing my series

Alacardjr

Jul 29, 2019
Update to my problem, i moved my world to single player and loaded it. it loaded it just fine everything was there and working and my quest progress was all there. so to see if i may just have a "bad" modpack i deleted everything but server.properties,ops.txt and white-list.txt, redownloaded the pack extracted it, deleted everything in "world" folder then copied the working world from single player to "world" folder and started the server up. it crashed on start up.

here's the new crash report

Attachments

• crash-2014-05-13_17.20.52-server.txt
    30.1 KB · Views: 76
  • server log.txt
    326.8 KB · Views: 70

devilph

Jul 29, 2019
i found a bug with the bee and tree line in 2.1.2 quest botany and biology any forestry tree sapling will work for the sapling part of the quest (blue mahoe, plantain, banana saplings) found this out by accident

Gp603

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking long and hard how to put this together.... I have had enough of the infernal mobs mod. It may just be me... I may have just overlooked someone else's post, but I feel it needs saying. I have had to restart 2 maps because of these mobs, and have died almost twice that because of them. Its not that they are hard to kill, its just the crashing. First time it happened was with a silver-fish spawn egg I got from a reward bag. It was a teleporting one. As soon as I spawned it, my game froze, the screen quit out, and my game crashed. When I went to check if everything was still okay on it, I was surprised to find out my world was no longer showing up. I checked my folder and found the map still to be there, but my world was not. Another thing similar happened with a zombie pigman that wandered through my portal. It was a ghastly one( fired ghast balls) As soon as it fired a single ball, the exact same thing happened. I appreciate that they added the auto-backup function, so I updated and looked at some forums where I found I had to type (/backup) for it to back it up. The sad thing is, I tried and it said (Unknown command) I know for a fact I played for way more than half an hour on my current map, and it has not backed up yet. I would really appreciate some help with these "bugs" to inform myself, others, and people that might be experiencing the same thing I have, about any possible way to fix these errors.

Thank you for reading.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
ok so here is my world I made in 2.1.3 & updated to 2.1.4 https://mega.co.nz/#!sxxwSZCC!Ty2CXRXtvsgvmAAgOWb6DR_UHZVpAq3Mdmc9vTCpsYc I have built the set up I first tried for you to test, I'm currently in creative building everything again & I've tried both ducts into different tanks from all direction nothing seems to work the lava is stuck in the duct if you can help me it would be great this is the last thing preventing me continuing my series

I loaded up your world in my 2.1.4 install and I did not see any fluid ducts placed in the world. I am assuming you had one placed in between the mob grinder and the TE tank? All I saw there was an empty space. You might have some corrupted files in the install. What I would try is backing up your world save and deleting the entire Agrarian Skies folder. Load up the FTB launcher and re-install Agrarian Skies then copy your world save over and load it up. If that does not work, you can send me another save and I can place an item duct in the offending space then save and send you a new copy to load up and see if that fixes it or helps narrow down the problem. I placed a fluid duct where I thought you had one that seemed to be missing and everything worked for me.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Update to my problem, i moved my world to single player and loaded it. it loaded it just fine everything was there and working and my quest progress was all there. so to see if i may just have a "bad" modpack i deleted everything but server.properties,ops.txt and white-list.txt, redownloaded the pack extracted it, deleted everything in "world" folder then copied the working world from single player to "world" folder and started the server up. it crashed on start up.

here's the new crash report

Something appears to be going wrong with code chicken and forge multipart.

doom4241

Jul 29, 2019
i have played agrarian skies for some time now and just recently ( has done this twice now) i have died and still had more than enough lives but it would completely close out minecraft and delete the world that i had

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking long and hard how to put this together.... I have had enough of the infernal mobs mod. It may just be me... I may have just overlooked someone else's post, but I feel it needs saying. I have had to restart 2 maps because of these mobs, and have died almost twice that because of them. Its not that they are hard to kill, its just the crashing. First time it happened was with a silver-fish spawn egg I got from a reward bag. It was a teleporting one. As soon as I spawned it, my game froze, the screen quit out, and my game crashed. When I went to check if everything was still okay on it, I was surprised to find out my world was no longer showing up. I checked my folder and found the map still to be there, but my world was not. Another thing similar happened with a zombie pigman that wandered through my portal. It was a ghastly one( fired ghast balls) As soon as it fired a single ball, the exact same thing happened. I appreciate that they added the auto-backup function, so I updated and looked at some forums where I found I had to type (/backup) for it to back it up. The sad thing is, I tried and it said (Unknown command) I know for a fact I played for way more than half an hour on my current map, and it has not backed up yet. I would really appreciate some help with these "bugs" to inform myself, others, and people that might be experiencing the same thing I have, about any possible way to fix these errors.

Thank you for reading.

Are you using 2.1.4 the non-recommended version from the drop down? Cause this is the first report of anyone using that version not being able to use the backup command. And yes I plan to turn off the ender ability before 2.1.4 goes to recommended. It seems to be causing too many issues for people.[DOUBLEPOST=1400027551][/DOUBLEPOST]
i have played agrarian skies for some time now and just recently ( has done this twice now) i have died and still had more than enough lives but it would completely close out minecraft and delete the world that i had

I will look into it.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt that. I've put debug statements in the initialization code for the Laser Drill - it specifically can not generate in that manner. Unfortunately you're asking me to prove a negative, and that's not logically possible. I can set up 50 creative-powered laser drills and run them for weeks and no iridium will ever generate because it isn't possible, not because we haven't waited long enough.

However.

If I do fix the initialization for the laser drill, like I mentioned above, using a patched MFR jar, then I get a nether iridium to pop out in the first hour of running a creative laser drill (with 6 white foci). In fact I get two or three after 90 minutes. This is consistent with the weighting probability for it in the source.
exactly, not to mention 1 drill may take 1-3 weeks, so testing with several hundred drills given days of operation? if we presume one drill can pull one ore every 8 seconds, three real world weeks(1,814,400 seconds) of continuous operation would net 226,800 ore samples. i could be incorrect, but i see no special checks restricting the chance to only specific days of the real or minecraft calendar, or forcing the chance to only occur with a certain precharger count, or only at a specific height(only an efficiency factor affecting power consumption and/or speed).

so rationally massive parallelization should suffice.

by all means if this is incorrect somehow, set me straight. this isn't about being right it is about discovering why this test is failing enough that the relatively small percentage of users who ever bother with the forums have noticed it, in more than one user case, which in turn indicates the problem extends further.

to that end a lack of success with a sample size larger than your three week max precharger theoretical drill has been done, in some cases more than once over. no dice in 2.1.13, no dice in 2.1.14, no dice in 1.0.0 or 1.0.6.

in short, here's the offer. suggest some alterations to the test methodology, suggest an alternative test, or ask for any relevant information you think may help. i am trying to be transparent as to methodology, and aid in narrowing this down.

we have two groups where the results are differing. if it is on the affected users ends in some way so be it, but let us find it so we can forewarn and forearm other users or maybe even prevent the interaction entirely. if theres any data we might have that could help, please ask.

you want the map used for testing previously or the new one in progress mentioned below? let me know and i'll host it. this isn't like a simple crash where there's a nice clean log to go from.

you want me to repeat the test with every lwgl or java version from here to hell and back, fine, if that'll help. i can retry the test with several linux variants, xp, vista and win 7 if you think it may be os related.

the fact you tested 2.1.12 succesfully is usefully actionable data for whittling things down. was that 2.1.12 server as downloaded, or with the minetweaker fixes, or with your minetweaker fix and the manual edit from earlier in the bug thread??? it seems ridiculous to have two groups trying to solve an issue not sharing relevant data.

i am currently laying out at height 199 a 6x6 chunk region of single precharger per laser drill rows, to feed into an me system. i am going to repeat setting the laser drill precharger activation cost from 250mj to 1 mj, and allowing chickenchunks to work offline indefinitely for the purposes of the test.

i have pulled a fresh 2.1.12 server download and just need to know if your tests minetweaker fixes state so i can run this sampling as closely as possible. if you believe the precharger change or chunkloader change will affect results, tell me and i will run it without said changes.

i am laying it out not in the ssp map copied to the server instance, but using the map from the server download this time.

not that i *believe* it is relevant for the purposes of the test given i am using the server download, but the ftb launcher version is 1.3.9 and not using the new optimization arguments for fast computers prog added to the launcher. my lawful minecraft username in game is steelblacksky, my primary platforms main host os is windows 7 home premium 64 bit,and primary platform itself is an asus g53sw-a1 notebook(12gb ram, 2x 500gb hdd, gtx460m, core i72630qm. in practical terms the 15" version of soaryns machine).

if the napkin math is correct i should be getting approximately 5 rows of drills per chunk, 6 chunks across, 16 machines per row per chunk so 480*6 = 2,880 drills, one spare row per chunk totals up for an extra 6 rows which fits a further two lines of drills+prechargers (480 *2) for a sum of 3,840 drills for the test setup this time. i will run with every drill using a full 6x white foci.

by my further napkin math this system should eclipse the output of that single aforementioned drills 3 weeks output well inside an hour(59.0625 cycles of the whole rigs' lasers to pull 226,800 ores, so even if they take 32 seconds per drill cycle vs 8, that target should be hit in ~31.5 minutes).

i'd be merrily happy to see the ore pop out even after an astronomical sample count pull this time, even more so for relatively early into the test run, at least that'd give some footing to start finding the cause for when it doesn't. le sigh.

is there anything aside from the possible tri state of the minetweaker fix for 2.1.12 i should add or address for the test case before i set it to running for days? i think this may be relevant as it(minetweaker) was specifically breaking on the renamed mfr radius upgrades.

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019

I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry. Minetweaker?

If you're trying to set up a large parallel array of drills, go for it. You're trying to prove a negative, however, which means for you to be right there is no proper end to the test other than simulating the time lapse of a single drill over "multiple weeks". Any data point you make can be dismissed by the thought that you didn't wait long enough for your drill to work.

If you put in my modified MineFactoryReloaded jar file (remove the previous one) and the updated netherores config file, then you should see NetherIridium at the proper ratio pop out of the laser drill. Otherwise you will not. I will post some debug logs that prove this point later.

Unfortunately I can't prove the netherores' BlocksPerGroup issue yet, however a simple way to disprove my current theory is to post a single image of netherIridium spawning in worldgen, or netherUranium, or netherEmerald. That's all the evidence I would need to disprove my theory.

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I've uploaded the MFR logs and code change here to prove that it is impossible for the laser drill to work here: http://pastebin.com/nsqJu0a2

The first section of the pastebin is the insertion of logging code. Feel free to compare against the 2.7.9 snapshot here: https://github.com/skyboy/MineFacto...ctoryreloaded/modhelpers/vanilla/Vanilla.java

The second section of the pastebin is the log that is generated during initialization. The registration code is semi-recursive. If it detects that both the ore and nether ore names are available it registers the ore and then calls itself with the ore name set to the nether ore, the nether ore name set to null, and the probability cut in half for the ore generation.

So, something like this occurs for redstone/nether redstone ore:

2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] registerOreDictLaserOre( 100,oreRedstone,14,oreNetherRedstone,14,dustRedstone)
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] "oreRedstone":1 "oreNetherRedstone":1
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] *Registered ore oreRedstone
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] registerOreDictLaserOre( 50,oreNetherRedstone,14,null,14,null)
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] "oreNetherRedstone":1 "null":0
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] *Registered ore oreNetherRedstone​

So that's what normal ores look like. So what do we find for iridium?

2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] registerOreDictLaserOre( 5,oreIridium,0,oreNetherIridium,0,dustIridium)
2014-05-13 22:35:31 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] "oreIridium":0 "oreNetherIridium":1​

And that's it. Note the lack of " *Registered ore oreIridium" or " *Registered ore oreNetherIridium"?

Aside from glowstone and coal (handled separately in the code), that is the only way that iridium *can* be registered to the laser drill. So, conclusively, it is not registered as a valid output.

Reactions: TheRec

Valthar

Jul 29, 2019
I know several have mentioned this before... and I've seen several replies from Jaded that state it's working fine for her, but something is up with Quest Reward Bags. I've been completing the Hoarding and Liquids series and gathered up about 7 or 8 "epic" reward bags. Each and every one contained one of two rewards: either a book with Unbreaking III or Spaghetti. Each says 50% chance and yes, i suppose it does come out to that. So I tried giving myself 2 full stacks of epic bags to test... and same result, I get the book or the pasta each time, nothing else. And for good measure, if I open a "legendary" bag, it just disappears, no reward, nada.

I'm thinking it has to be a config setting that got hosed as after reading the forum for the past hour, it only seems to happen to a few of us, but not others and obviously not Jaded as she's specified it worked fine for her when she tested with several stacks and got tons of good stuff. I really look forward to the rewards and especially now since they are more epic and legendary, but since this happened, not much incentive to continue really other than to just improve my world. No sense in doing quests when rewards don't work. Guess I could randomly "give" myself something that seems epic or legendary, but kinda didn't want to go that route.

Valthar

Just wondering if anyone else is getting this... i'm still only getting unbreaking III book and spaghetti from any epic bag and legendary bags just disappear when opened, no loot... not even a popup that would show what you got, just bag disappears.

ESSOvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded up your world in my 2.1.4 install and I did not see any fluid ducts placed in the world. I am assuming you had one placed in between the mob grinder and the TE tank? All I saw there was an empty space. You might have some corrupted files in the install. What I would try is backing up your world save and deleting the entire Agrarian Skies folder. Load up the FTB launcher and re-install Agrarian Skies then copy your world save over and load it up. If that does not work, you can send me another save and I can place an item duct in the offending space then save and send you a new copy to load up and see if that fixes it or helps narrow down the problem. I placed a fluid duct where I thought you had one that seemed to be missing and everything worked for me.
ah ok i think I removed that pipe before giving you the world it was in my basement (first elevator through front door) we're I was having the problem with crucibles to tanks but I'll do that ASAP & get back to you :D

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
ah ok i think I removed that pipe before giving you the world it was in my basement (first elevator through front door) we're I was having the problem with crucibles to tanks but I'll do that ASAP & get back to you :D

Your problem might be that the crucibles have no heat source. A slight oversight maybe? Try putting a heat source under all of those crucibles and see if that fixes the problem.

ESSOvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
Your problem might be that the crucibles have no heat source. A slight oversight maybe? Try putting a heat source under all of those crucibles and see if that fixes the problem.
ROFL that would make alot of sense running on no sleep has its side effects :p you bloody legend :D why is there lava in the fluiducts then ? am I going crazy or ?

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL that would make alot of sense running on no sleep has its side effects :p you bloody legend :D why is there lava in the fluiducts then ? am I going crazy or ?

I think when you connect a fluid duct to a crucible it automatically assigns lava to it even if the quantity is zero.

Having all of those open blocks tanks in the ceiling looks pretty cool, but you might want to rethink it. I ran opis to analyze things and having 250 tanks constantly updating was eating up 95% of the server tick resources compared to everything else on the map. Not really an issue if you have a beefy computer.. I really like the look of your map :p

Oh and if you hear clucking, you might want to check the space in-between your basement and the first floor. There are a few chickens stuck in there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.