Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredtrucker

Jul 29, 2019
i've scanned my computer and removed everything to do with FTB launcher and agrarian skies. I redownloaded the launcher, and the mod pack and i STILL don't have any "select task" or "manual submit" buttons on any of the quests. there's no error messages, no crashing, they buttons just don't exist.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hey, here's my crash report. I can get into the game fine and open up the list of saves, but once I select Flat Platform, Home Sweet Home, etc, my game crashes. The loading screen appears with no text. Help??

P.S. I'm in version 2.0.3 but this has happened in all previous versions I've tried.

You are having problems with the libraries folder. That is really more of a java issue than the pack. To fix I suggest that 1st your make sure your antivirus software has your FTB folders in the exception list so it doesn't try to scan them. The 2nd is for force update the pack which should re-download the library files.[DOUBLEPOST=1398137126][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to startup an Agrarian Skies server, however I'm having issues with the map and potentially the server. When I start the server up and the server loads the map, it gives me this error: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10, however the map still starts up. When I join the server I spawn around 60 blocks away from what appears to be the skyblock island which I'm suppose to spawn on. At this point I realized I can /fly to the island and set the spawn but then I run into another issue: Other players won't generate their own islands will they?

Ultimately I have two questions, is this modpack multiplayer? or will I have to just go back to skyblock. And two, how do I fix this if it is multiplayer with seperate islands. Thanks!

Not sure about the error. But the server comes with a multiplayer map. Should have a spawn building in the center with 8 homes/platforms about 200 blocks away from the spawn building. Inside the spawn building you find warp books that will take players to one of the 8 islands. What version of the pack are you downloading for the server? I know 2.0.3 and 2.0.2 have the MP map.

Twitch572

Jul 29, 2019
You are having problems with the libraries folder. That is really more of a java issue than the pack. To fix I suggest that 1st your make sure your antivirus software has your FTB folders in the exception list so it doesn't try to scan them. The 2nd is for force update the pack which should re-download the library files.[DOUBLEPOST=1398137126][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for your reply. A few more things I forgot to mention:

1. I don't have any trouble with other FTB maps (Unleashed, Ultimate, etc.), just the ones by Jadedcat (Ag. Skies, Magic World).
2. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FTB twice now and redownloaded Ag. Skies itself upwards of ten times, same results.
3. I have no anti-virus software (I know, stupid...) except for Windows Firewall which I've ensured isn't affecting it both by allowing all instances of Java through it and by trying the game with Firewall disabled.
4. I'm checking now if the force update you suggested will fix it. Thank you for trying to help =)

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to startup an Agrarian Skies server, however I'm having issues with the map and potentially the server. When I start the server up and the server loads the map, it gives me this error: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10, however the map still starts up. When I join the server I spawn around 60 blocks away from what appears to be the skyblock island which I'm suppose to spawn on. At this point I realized I can /fly to the island and set the spawn but then I run into another issue: Other players won't generate their own islands will they?

Ultimately I have two questions, is this modpack multiplayer? or will I have to just go back to skyblock. And two, how do I fix this if it is multiplayer with seperate islands. Thanks!
Yes this mod is multi-player, and the recent versions include co-op questing.
Are you using the SSP or SMP map? The SSP Maps are either one tiny platform, or one small decorative platform, no other islands and no overworld-gen. The SMP map is, if I recall right, one middle platform which can be supplied with movement items (warp book, potion of flight) and separate islands some distance away in a circle, on which you could also set a players default spawn. Also no overworld-gen. More information on the Agrarian Skies main thread. Additionally there seems to be a known problem with people spawning over the void, which can be fixed with teleporting them to an island and providing a bed or by permanently changing their spawn point.

Necwo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Im not sure if this is a bug, i know its heartbreaking when you are a solid 10 days in though

1) i got a set of bound tools from a reward bag! yay, used them for about 2 days with no issues loving how quick they were, no problem
2) finally finished my cobblestone collecting, time to dismantle my tower of limestone that i was using as part of the cobblegen/terrain smasher build
3) accidently right clicked on the bottom block of limestone
4) see message you have died, follow this with a spam of you were slain by a zombie
5) minecraft instantly closes
6) minecraft login servers down! noooo!
7) when finally logged in find the world is no longer there, check folder all files are deleted!
8) cry!

With this bere in mind i had 71 lives, items equipped were apiarist suit, inventory items, quest book, crescent wrench, bound pickaxe, thaumium pickaxe, thaumium scoop, and hearty breakfast.

Please can you advise if there is any way to recover this? am i able to restore any way, or atleast load a world with quests complete up to where i was so i can spawn in the necessary things without having to complete all the quests i have already.

Thanks

n0mad

Jul 29, 2019
Got another noob question that I've spent the last few hours attempting to figure out. I got the server working, the map working, and everything is going well. I'm curious however; how can I install plugins to the server? I placed the files in the plugins folder but I'm assuming it doesn't work because I don't have bukkit installed or something. How can I get this done? No need for specifics, you can just point me in the direction.

I powered through it and got it working! Had to rename the mcpc jar to the ftb jar.

Last edited:

Dystrophe

Jul 29, 2019
some of the recipes in the ex tab say they give you the formula take ink and consume paper to do it, but don't actually give you the research paper. the thaumium hammer and the sky filter so far, not very far into it yet so there might be more

arheus

Jul 29, 2019
Pack version 2.1.0
When i thrown a stack of crushed ore into vacuum hopper, client closed and world Home sweet home became unavailable to play.
Folder Home sweet home I still exists in saves folder.
Can i fix this problem somehow?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
i've scanned my computer and removed everything to do with FTB launcher and agrarian skies. I redownloaded the launcher, and the mod pack and i STILL don't have any "select task" or "manual submit" buttons on any of the quests. there's no error messages, no crashing, they buttons just don't exist.

I cannot duplicate this issue. And for some reason it seems to only be a bug for you. I'm really not sure how to fix it.[DOUBLEPOST=1398164195][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pack version 2.1.0
When i thrown a stack of crushed ore into vacuum hopper, client closed and world Home sweet home became unavailable to play.
Folder Home sweet home I still exists in saves folder.
Can i fix this problem somehow?

Download the map again from: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b/ version O is for 2.1.0+ so use a previous map I reccomend N. Then copy the data from your save into that map.[DOUBLEPOST=1398164332][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi,

Im not sure if this is a bug, i know its heartbreaking when you are a solid 10 days in though

1) i got a set of bound tools from a reward bag! yay, used them for about 2 days with no issues loving how quick they were, no problem
2) finally finished my cobblestone collecting, time to dismantle my tower of limestone that i was using as part of the cobblegen/terrain smasher build
3) accidently right clicked on the bottom block of limestone
4) see message you have died, follow this with a spam of you were slain by a zombie
5) minecraft instantly closes
6) minecraft login servers down! noooo!
7) when finally logged in find the world is no longer there, check folder all files are deleted!
8) cry!

With this bere in mind i had 71 lives, items equipped were apiarist suit, inventory items, quest book, crescent wrench, bound pickaxe, thaumium pickaxe, thaumium scoop, and hearty breakfast.

Please can you advise if there is any way to recover this? am i able to restore any way, or atleast load a world with quests complete up to where i was so i can spawn in the necessary things without having to complete all the quests i have already.

Thanks

I am considering adding a mod to take backups. I am just concerned it will use up too much of some people's computer resources.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I will only be accepting bug reports for 2.1.x from now on. A lot of the previously mentioned bug should be fixed

known still occuring bugs:

mariculture dupe with iron buckets
crash when placing many blocks below y 2
planter reset bug with MFR - use left click to make the pattern not right click
MCPC+ resetting the quest book
free glass bottles with some food recipes

Necwo

Jul 29, 2019
I am considering adding a mod to take backups. I am just concerned it will use up too much of some people's computer resources.

That would be great for the future, may also be worth removing the right click functionality of the bound tools as there are other reports online of the tools doing the same for other people. Reg the backup maybe keep 2-3 backups and delete any older to prevent this, or is there one that asks do you want to backup on launch? i dont know really not good at modding myself

Thanks for the response, time to rebuild i spose :(

Kronoksz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i would like to report an issue:
After the update the book from hardcore questing mode is in editing mode!

For those of you who don't want to wait for the update to fix you have to locate your feed the beast foldor and go to: agrarianskiesHQ/minecraft/config/hqm/hqmconfig
In the config file look for B:UseEditor and set it to false
Now save the config file and relaunch the modpack.

Hope i helped some of you!
If it was only my client bugging i am sorry

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, i would like to report an issue:
After the update the book from hardcore questing mode is in editing mode!

For those of you who don't want to wait for the update to fix you have to locate your feed the beast foldor and go to: agrarianskiesHQ/minecraft/config/hqm/hqmconfig
In the config file look for B:UseEditor and set it to false
Now save the config file and relaunch the modpack.

Hope i helped some of you!
If it was only my client bugging i am sorry

already fixed.

blaklafter

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed 2.1.1 on my server and the 2nd quest, manual completion, is not giving the hopper as a reward (as it did in the 1.x versions I played). Yet, the next quest 'The "QDS"' requires you to turn it in. Is this an intentional change?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed 2.1.1 on my server and the 2nd quest, manual completion, is not giving the hopper as a reward (as it did in the 1.x versions I played). Yet, the next quest 'The "QDS"' requires you to turn it in. Is this an intentional change?

Its in the Starter chest. Unless for some reason the launcher isn't downloading version O of the map in which case... go here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b/ get version O of the map. Or cheat the hopper in. I'll make sure to double check that on the next update.

TheRec

Jul 29, 2019
You could try to enable "Opis" in the mods ("Edit Mod Pack" button in the FTB launcher), start the game and use "/opis" in chat once you've loaded your single player world. Then use it to find out what is causing the TPS lag you seem to be describing. For me I was able to narrow it down in the "Handlers Timing" tab of the Opis window, "ThermalExpansion Grid Tick Handler" was taking ~20000µs to update when usually it ranged around 500µs in my backups of the map... so I started taking down my TE Energy Conduits until this value dropped to something normal. Then I rebuit it and the lag went away fortunately... I have no idea why it happened but that's how I've "solved" it, maybe it was a loop in my energy network somewhere but it's odd because I've rebuilt it exactly the same way and it works again.

Status
Not open for further replies.