Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,

I have seen this issue mentioned a few times but I could not find a single solution on this forum that could solve it for me.

I am using version 2.1.9 of the mod pack and I am attempting to build a deep tank, and when I click on the controller, my game crashes to desktop.
The crash report is here. http://pastebin.com/VkvmGrxd

Some of the solutions indicated that you should not have any High Oven blocks in the tank at all and I have confirmed that I do not.
I have built a 5x5x5 structure as follows.

The base is 12 Scorched Drains, 3 per side and 4 Scorched bricks in the corners. The center 9 blocks is TC Clear Glass.
The next three levels are a perimeter of Clear Glass with the center 9 blocks empty on each level
The top is 3 Scorched Drains on the left side, the controller in the center of the front and the remaining are Scorched Bricks. The center 9 blocks is TC Clear Glass again.

I have made sure there are no blocks touching the sides or top of the structure. The bottom is sitting on 25 Stone Bricks.

Images of the build are below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42532805/2014-06-14_00.55.13.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42532805/2014-06-14_00.55.32.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42532805/2014-06-14_00.55.39.png

WAILA reads the controller and indicates that it's Empty, but clicking on the controller to look at the tank contents consistently crashes the game with the report above.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Kzorith

That is an excellent bug/crash report :)
Does it crash just after a server restart?
Try break a block and place back to reform after a restart/loading SSP world.

I'm not sure what causes this though.[DOUBLEPOST=1402741014][/DOUBLEPOST]
They are disabled since this pack doesn't have ComputerCraft, and would do you no good. If you want to do intelligent control of the reactor, you'll have to do it with RedNet. (I just wish we had more high-resolution output metrics so I could build a real controller.)
Oops. My Derp.
I've been jumping between Tech World 2 (which has CC) and Ag Skies

I'm wondering why CC wasn't included. I'm guessing that the turtles makes expanding the platform too easy.
But they should be able to be disabled and leave normal computers. :/

Last edited:

Fapalapagus

Jul 29, 2019
in 2.1.9 the quest to build the leadstone jetpack was not accepting that i crafted it after crafting it. i retried crafting it to see if it would register multiple times i recrafted it multiple times but it still wouldn't register

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I was having trouble with the Leadstone Jetpack as well, here is the solutions I came up with that worked (SMP, 2.1.9):

Make the jetpack and then deplete all the energy from it (so you see the empty damage bar). Then change the particles that are associated with it (the recipe below the main recipe in NEI). Then the quest is able to be completed.

What I suspect is going on: Something weird is happening with the way that it reads damage values (metadata or NBT, I don't know enough to know the difference). I noticed when I craft it initially (regardless of method, made it in AE terminal, TC crafting station, and vanilla bench) there was no damage value/bar (or power value) listed. Looking at the quest book, it has a fully depleted power (damage) bar, so I had to "craft" a jetpack like that. Hence fully depleting and then changing the particles. I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but it worked for me, hopefully it helps others.

in 2.1.9 the quest to build the leadstone jetpack was not accepting that i crafted it after crafting it. i retried crafting it to see if it would register multiple times i recrafted it multiple times but it still wouldn't register
Fapalapagus, did you read the previous page?
See my quoted text

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019
That is an excellent bug/crash report :)
Does it crash just after a server restart?
Try break a block and place back to reform after a restart/loading SSP world.

I'm not sure what causes this though.

It crashes after a server restart for certain. I tried breaking some of the bricks around the controller, and even broke and replaced the controller (which clears all the liquid from the tank, so I wouldn't recommend it). Neither scenario allowed me to look into the deep tank.

Curiously enough, it was working for long enough this morning for me to attach my smeltery, put some liquids in and pull out a bucket of liquid to set my first liquiduct. When I went back to select a new liquid to pour into the bucket, it crashed the game and I haven't been able to get the tank working since. Looking at the dumps, most of the ones from this morning are exactly like the one above (except the index is 15 not 14, likely do to the infrastructure I added), however, several of them are different, pointing to a NullPointerException having to do with InfernalMobs. I believe them to be symptomatic of the issue I'm having and not a cause as even after I shut down my mobspawner that was spawning zombie pigmen, the game still crashes when I click on the controller.

I would really like to get this solved, though I am considering a work around if I can not.

Kzorith

pao

Jul 29, 2019
...several of them are different, pointing to a NullPointerException having to do with InfernalMobs.

I'll admit this is a blind stab, but might be worth it--you may want to do a /cofh killall. Though I suspect this issue isn't related to your Deep Tank problem.

(I am surprised at the number of people who are building Deep Tanks on this map. They do look cool, but I haven't personally found a need to keep that much liquid metal around.)

Kzorith

Jul 29, 2019
I'll admit this is a blind stab, but might be worth it--you may want to do a /cofh killall. Though I suspect this issue isn't related to your Deep Tank problem.

(I am surprised at the number of people who are building Deep Tanks on this map. They do look cool, but I haven't personally found a need to keep that much liquid metal around.)

I switched the map to peaceful and back. That killed all the mobs for me. Still no change.
I'm primarily building a deep tank because I have the time to kill while I'm waiting for some quests to process (cobble/dirt {sigh}). I was mostly just curious how well it would work if I were to dump all my ore into one smeltery and have it all pipe to the tank where I could make blocks out of it. My initial run made aluminium brass, so I'm guessing that either my timing of ore wasn't right or the fluiducts I have just didn't pull the metals out of the smeltery fast enough. It is an 8 block high smeltery after all.

If I can't get this working, then what I might do is go towards the extra cells liquid storage as a solution, since ideally I'd only need to store no more than 200 buckets worth of metals while they are waiting to be turned into blocks, especially when my backlog of ore is cleaned up.

Additional information: Out of interest, I attempted to put more metals into the tank from the smeltery above and that part is working fine. The tank is obviously properly formed because it accepts and outputs liquids. Plus WAILA is telling me how much of each liquid is in the tank. I just can't use the controller GUI to choose which metal is the lowest.

Kzorith

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Not to keep metals, it is just that liquid metal poured into a deep tank does not alloy. Allows you to use 1 high oven instead of multiple smelteries.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with chunks staying loaded on my server.

I have had issues with conduits stopping conducting power, itemducts spewing items into the world, and auto-sieving outputs failing to be picked up by a vacuum hopper and ending up piling up against the side of the house. all this seems to happen after I move away from my house, or log off and back on. I figure the problem with the itemducts is the known issue in the first post, but conduits were not mentioned.

All the items having an issue are on one side of a chunk boundary. Everything on the other side seems to be working properly.

Other players are also reporting similar issues. No chunkloaders are in use on the server.

Using the "/chunkloaders" command when no other players are logged on shows me this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53001205/LoadedChunks.jpg

I used a flight potion to fly out to the large loaded area on the right and found nothing but a tin oreberry bush floating in the void. I suspect this area is loaded because it is the world spawn.

While in flight, I noticed that some chunks around my island did not unload when I flew away.

After flying back, I used the "/chunkloaders" command again, and it shows a large number of chunks I flew past did not unload once I was gone: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53001205/LoadedChunks2.jpg

I am using an older version of the pack, 2.16 so I'm not sure if this might be an issue that is already fixed, but I can not update the server at this time so can not check.

Morden

Last edited:

DrJKL

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting frequent crashes recently on 2.1.9.
Not reproducible, but it happens most often when I try to select something from my inventory.
Crash reports show IndexOutOfBoundsException while checking something in the inventory.Container.

I can usually restart the launcher just fine and continue playing, but it's really frustrating.
Has anyone else experienced this? Is this part of a known issue?

Attachments

• crash-reports.zip
    65.7 KB · Views: 69
D

Deleted member 38496

My planter refuses to plant Amaranth Saplings. Also for some reason said saplings can be placed on top of blocks other than dirt, and even in midair.

ThePhoenixwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting this crash report with my server. It started happening the last few days. I have tried to update to 2.1.9 and it didn't fix the problem.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Attachments

• crash-2014-06-14_15.59.43-server.txt
    27 KB · Views: 64

pao

Jul 29, 2019
My planter refuses to plant Amaranth Saplings. Also for some reason said saplings can be placed on top of blocks other than dirt, and even in midair.

The planter problem is a known issue; Jadedcat posted a number of pages ago that they've tried to figure it out but can't seem to get anything to work. I suggest any other automated planting method (golems, autonomous activators, whatever). I planted by hand with the harvester to chop it down and hated myself.

for some reason in the lastest update spawn egg recipes have dissapeared? anyone know fix for this?

They've changed from shaped crafting recipes to a variety of Blood Magic recipes. Check NEI for details.

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to 2.1.9 and I cannot load my game. I looked in the last 5-ish forum pages and I see people were having issues with High Oven Ducts in Deep Tanks but, while my crash log will look very similar, it's not identical. I do NOT have any Deep Tank in my world. The only Steelworks I have is just a 5-block high oven processing all the dusts/sand/gravel obtained from sifting (itemducts in from cyclic assemblers), outputing directly to 9 TiC casting basins, using fluiducts and pneumatic servos.

http://pastebin.com/bFNTcuiu

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
Hey does anyone know why I can't access this quest in 'The End' series? Ive completed the quest before it, and unlike the other quests around it- it doesn't require me to have any other quests completed to unlock it? I saw someone post about this in this thread a lil bit ago, he had completed ALL the quests in the quest book except these wouldn't show up. Never saw an answer to it though, so just wondering :)

Thanks!

EDIT: The middle quest that is- just realized mouse doesn't show up on screenshot

EDIT 2: Also as shown in the second picture, you can see it says I have one quest completed and one quest unlocked?
I remember Jaded saying how to fix the quest book to others a while ago, i'm just scared to touch anything to do with that technical stuff before getting an answer!

Attachments

• 2014-06-15_15.33.27.png
    2014-06-15_15.33.27.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 2014-06-15_15.37.16.png
    2014-06-15_15.37.16.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 61

Tasrayryn

Jul 29, 2019
:( ... me no like.. me must find cause and fix it.

I think the cause may be in the item IDs. When I updated from 2.1.6 to 2.1.9 it said that there was a conflict with ID 18001, which as it happens is the Leadstone Jetpack. I'm guessing that's where the problem has come from.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey does anyone know why I can't access this quest in 'The End' series? Ive completed the quest before it, and unlike the other quests around it- it doesn't require me to have any other quests completed to unlock it? I saw someone post about this in this thread a lil bit ago, he had completed ALL the quests in the quest book except these wouldn't show up. Never saw an answer to it though, so just wondering :)

Thanks!

EDIT: The middle quest that is- just realized mouse doesn't show up on screenshot

EDIT 2: Also as shown in the second picture, you can see it says I have one quest completed and one quest unlocked?
I remember Jaded saying how to fix the quest book to others a while ago, i'm just scared to touch anything to do with that technical stuff before getting an answer!
The middle quest is the very last available quest.
Only available after every quest in "The End" is completed.[DOUBLEPOST=1402804666][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just updated to 2.1.9 and I cannot load my game. I looked in the last 5-ish forum pages and I see people were having issues with High Oven Ducts in Deep Tanks but, while my crash log will look very similar, it's not identical. I do NOT have any Deep Tank in my world. The only Steelworks I have is just a 5-block high oven processing all the dusts/sand/gravel obtained from sifting (itemducts in from cyclic assemblers), outputing directly to 9 TiC casting basins, using fluiducts and pneumatic servos.

http://pastebin.com/bFNTcuiu
That's a different crash log from the duct in the tank issue.
Double check what ingredients you have in your High Oven. Possibly remove them and try again.

Reactions: Mechman007

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
The middle quest is the very last available quest.
Only available after every quest in "The End" is completed.[DOUBLEPOST=1402804666][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a different crash log from the duct in the tank issue.
Double check what ingredients you have in your High Oven. Possibly remove them and try again.

Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.