Age of Engineering Series!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Episode 3 may cause you to rip your d*ck clean off in frustration xD

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hah! :D Just watched it, no dick-rippage ensued - made me laugh out loud actually! The volume of your voice is quite low relative to your outro, but that's no biggie - made me jump slightly when the video ended though!

C

Closet Gamer

Hah! :D Just watched it, no dick-rippage ensued - made me laugh out loud actually! The volume of your voice is quite low relative to your outro, but that's no biggie - made me jump slightly when the video ended though!
Sorry about that! I've lowered the volume of the outro in my newer vids so it's a bit less thunderous. I also did away altogether with the intro music and trimmed up my older vids to remove it as listening back to back it gets irritating :D episode 5 is uploaded, just need to hit publish (around 7pm GMT).

ALSO, you get a special mention in EP6 So keep an eye out for that, I've edited the episode already and it'll be uploaded Wednesday.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Age of Engineering Episode 5 - Revenge of the Vertically Challenged Zombie

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm really enjoying the series I must say - you'll see my comment on the video in a min @Closet Gamer, but I should say I've got a different name on YouTube (as it explains). One thing I forgot to say on there is a bit random: I like your editing, transitions etc - its a little touch but it makes the whole thing flow nicely and gives it that more professional touch. Good stuff!

C

Closet Gamer

I'm really enjoying the series I must say - you'll see my comment on the video in a min @Closet Gamer, but I should say I've got a different name on YouTube (as it explains). One thing I forgot to say on there is a bit random: I like your editing, transitions etc - its a little touch but it makes the whole thing flow nicely and gives it that more professional touch. Good stuff!
Haha yea, the penny dropped about the user names after i recorded the session, but anyway thanks for commenting on both man, it helps a lot, hopefully encouraging other people to chip in :)

Happy you like the editing, it takes a little while to do but I think I'm getting a bit better at doing things with minimal editing required - I spent pretty much 6 hours clipping out dead air on ep5 whereas ep6 was done and dusted in an hour or so.

C

Closet Gamer

If you're recording with OBS, in your audio settings, under mic boost set it to 2 and that should fix any quiet voice issues.
Hello I don't see a mic boost option in OBS, am I looking in the right place or are we talking about gain?

1a445e297ed4b2b99ce0d44330123573.jpg

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, you're using OBS Studio, which I dislike because it has so many fewer options. I'm using the older OBS, which has mic boost on it's audio tab.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 95
C

Closet Gamer

Ah, you're using OBS Studio, which I dislike because it has so many fewer options. I'm using the older OBS, which has mic boost on it's audio tab.
Oh neat, is it still available? I might try switching over. Also, whilst I've got your attention I am having a strange issue - my desktop audio manages to find it's way into my mic audio channel (even with the speakers turned off). Somehow the desktop audio is getting into the mic track through a path other than the microphone... any ideas?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, head to the obsproject.com home page, and go to Downloads at the top, it'll be on the bottom of the page.

Depends. I use a headset so it usually means my Y-Splitter is going out.

C

Closet Gamer

Me too! Interesting, so it could be cross talk within the cable itself, I'm going to unplug it and see if it still happens.

Edit: yep still happens even with no audio jack plugged in :S could it be noise cross talk on the sound card itself?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm honestly not sure. Hardware issues are not my forte. The only other thing that springs to my mind is bad headset, but how old is your sound card?

C

Closet Gamer

i just beat the chaos dragon so im soon finishing the pack
That's really cool my friend, maybe you could give me some tips in the comments if my vids? It would help a lot!

C

Closet Gamer

I'm honestly not sure. Hardware issues are not my forte. The only other thing that springs to my mind is bad headset, but how old is your sound card?
Thats ok mate, ill carry on tinkering and come back if i figure it out. My sound card is an onboard one, fairly new MSI 990FXA.

I was thinking of trying a different program to rule out software/hardware. Do you know any other software that allows you to record desktop/mic on separate channels?

C

Closet Gamer

I can't think of any, though I've tried a lot.
No worries, I might try recording mic seperately with Audicity (after I have a last ditch attempt to fiddle with some of the realtec audio settings)

Thanks for the help mate, appreciate it.

Reactions: KingTriaxx
C

Closet Gamer

I can't think of any, though I've tried a lot.
Good news! Think I got it fixed, turns out there is a separate realtec audio app with some settings. One is labelled "bundle similar jacks together" or some nonsense. Unlocking that box fixed the issue altogether :D leave this here in case anyone else has a similar issue

Reactions: KingTriaxx