Bug AE2 Import Bus 'Device Missing Channel'

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
2cff7si.png

I don't understand this at all.
- Only 7/8 channels are used (6 of which are on the image) so there isn't a channel issue.
- All the export buses function
- If I place the import buses down by the export buses, they magically start working
- Using different colored cables doesn't work

Am I missing something simple or is this a bug?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Use smart cable to debug your channels. Replace all that fluix cable with smart cable and see where your channels are going.

If this is a single player world, WAILA will even show those channels numerically instead of graphically.

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so after a long time of fiddling around, I finally found and resolved the issue. Due to a lack of understanding on my part on this concept of channels, I did not use dense cables for the main line back to my ME Controller (feel kind of silly now :p).

I have one last thing though. In the future, I plan on doing a massive amount of work with AE2 mainly in mass-producing stuff for RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft. Passing the 32 channel limit is not even a question, so I will have to use different colors, but I do not know how to connect it all back to my ME Controller which is sort of far away.

I suppose I could just have all the colors run parallel underground, but then I'd certainly run into space issues.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have one last thing though. In the future, I plan on doing a massive amount of work with AE2 mainly in mass-producing stuff for RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft. Passing the 32 channel limit is not even a question, so I will have to use different colors, but I do not know how to connect it all back to my ME Controller which is sort of far away.

I suppose I could just have all the colors run parallel underground, but then I'd certainly run into space issues.
The conventional way to send "a bunch of channels" from A to B is to use a p2p tunnel. If you can find algorithmX's youtube video, he breaks down quickly and simply how to do this.

As a quick fyi, I never use any dense cables in my base. My controller outputs 32 channels from one side directly into a p2p bus. That bus splits it evenly into as many p2p buses as are currently linked to that one. So if I have 4 p2p buses linked to that one, each of them can send 8 channels down a regular cable somewhere else, perhaps to 8 storage buses each (for 32 channels total)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
different colors don't magically give you more channels, instead either put the processing in a subnet (different channel set that exports and imports using interfaces and export buses) or pull more channels through the P2P net

Last edited: