AE2 Drive problem?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nvidia_GTX

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason sometimes randomly my 6 ME drives flash on and off like they are disconnected from the system and I can't access them.
They have a dense cable directly to the me controller which stays on the whole time the problem is happening.
The cable itself shows that channels are in use, but WALIA says 0 out of 32 are in use.
The only other thing connected to the cable is crafting terminal.
Any idea what is happening?

Regards,
Nvidia

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you have enough power for you system?
Any dark cable that could be making the system update repeatedly?
Updated to the most recent AE version?

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes ender io AE conduits do not connect - should you be using that. Any other times drives were being weird were when I was not following that a single side of a dense cable can only output 8 channels to drives. And, should you be using tunnels, make sure that tunnel isn't being shared.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
This may sound a little weird, but have you tried breaking and replacing your drives/controler(s), as this fixed issues I have had with AE before.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
If you dont have an ae energy buffer (the energy cell or dense energy cell), if you have a lot of going in and out, you can bump up again your power limit from the connecter. I had this problem once and found out that all the in/out i had going on was going over my stored power in my AE system very briefly cutting the power. Added a dense energy cell to the system and the problem stopped.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sounds like your cable may be crossing a chunk boundary that is unloading, perhaps.