AE2 Discussion

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
what we are no longer allowed to say what we wish? It is quite obvious several of us don't like it so why shouldn't we be allowed to voice that same way you are allowed to voice that you like it.
Your allowed to ADD your opinion but if you read back 5 posts you would see that some dimwit already said the same thing. This cycle is incredibly frustrating to someone seeing it. I haven't decided on ae2 yet because I'm waiting for a non-alpha. Instead of this "ae are bad now. Algrow is a bad modra. Rngesus is god I also hate it and I'm not going to add anything constructive to this discussion." Honestly algo had worked really hard for months on this and if he felt that the balance point for plates should be exploration of the world I totally respect that. Honestly you'll probably have loads of extra of each plate and complain about storage for all of them. When your looking for thaumcraft nodes just collect plates along the way. Honestly it's a very similar concept. Have you joined a server and you don't have any nodes in a 3000 block radius? No, never because once you have what you need it's too much effort to go and collect loads of extra. If you really don't like the recipe just add a recipe using numina or minetweaker.

PS sorry for all this it's not directed at you specifically just people that complain without thinking. Most people don't know but algo was seriously considering not making ae2 because of all the hate he got and that would just be a damn shame because he's a fantastic modder.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~TL;DR Snip~
PS sorry for all this it's not directed at you specifically just people that complain without thinking. Most people don't know but algo was seriously considering not making ae2 because of all the hate he got and that would just be a damn shame because he's a fantastic modder.
Agreed, it is a shame that all
Seriously, about the meteors,
...That's a bit harsh, mate. We ain't whining. Well, I ain't at least. It's a cool feature but it may kill the mod if it's totally needed. And I think your opinion here is harmful and unneeded if this is what you wish to add to the discussion.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
...That's a bit harsh, mate. We ain't whining. Well, I ain't at least. It's a cool feature but it may kill the mod if it's totally needed. And I think your opinion here is harmful and unneeded if this is what you wish to add to the discussion.
Maybe. It just looks that way to me. Looking around for 8 or 9 meteors, even with a compass, or even less of them if you play SMP, seems like too much work for some people here.
Welcome to the entirety of my problem with Thaumcraft 4.0 research whiners.
Hehe, can't wait to start thaumcraft :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe. It just looks that way to me. Looking around for 8 or 9 meteors, even with a compass, or even less of them if you play SMP, seems like too much work for some people here.
I guess someone who is a proud GT player is used to hours of tedium to get started on anything basic, huh.
...Or is that too low of a blow?

That being said, SMP can be easy and fun, or it can be normal. The first assumes a tight-knit community of good friends, the latter is anything else. And unless it's easy and fun, it's hellish to do anything, and even more hellish if there is a extremely limited resource that everyone needs/wants.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

Hehe, can't wait to start thaumcraft :)
Not too much work. Just hell on SMP. I play on a server with friends and I can imagine the hell I'd have to go through with even them to get the presses, especially if they get a head start and/or devote more time to the server. And yes, I'm lazy in the respect that I don't want to travel more than 10000 blocks to get a press.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Made a massive update to my thoughts on the mod in the OP, based on all 3 spotlights and various other information. Check it out, if you wish.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
About auto-crafting he is changing the whole way it works, instead of crafting CPU for crafting there will now be "thread" this little bit is the only thing he has released as far as auto-crafting goes.

How is it a nerf too network size, when you can actually make the networks bigger then AE 1, I am not understanding why people see it as a nerf, when it actually helps.

what little I have played with AE2 I am very impressed and the amount of custom work you can now do too your network shows the direction that Algo is taking AE2, more of a modular networking take, instead of just a straight standard network.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
How is it a nerf too network size, when you can actually make the networks bigger then AE 1, I am not understanding why people see it as a nerf, when it actually helps.
AE1 networks were nigh-infinite. AE2 networks can reach the same size but you need to keep adding onto the controller and making more P2P tunnels. In other words it's just way more costly to make giant networks.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I see it as, you have to think how your gonna network everything more like how real networks are engineered now a days.

And belive me there is a limit with AE's network at 1024 it took alot of work to get there but it is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
You can say whatever you want to, just that the "AE2 suckz I have to explore to do anything and theres luck n stuf and AE1 wuz so much better blah blah blah..." gets so repetitive after a while.

I have only one response to that Strawman Fallacy, keep on going.

At no point anyway said AE2 sucks but people expressed that despite being great mode and great changes meteor thing kills it. So grow up stop misrepresenting people arguments just to suit your needs and have adult discussion. Because hearing "Meteors are amazing, everyone shut up" is equally boring.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I have only one response to that Strawman Fallacy, keep on going.

At no point anyway said AE2 sucks but people expressed that despite being great mode and great changes meteor thing kills it. So grow up stop misrepresenting people arguments just to suit your needs and have adult discussion. Because hearing "Meteors are amazing, everyone shut up" is equally boring.
"You shut up."

"No YOU shut up!"

"No YOU!"

"NO YOU!!"

-Awkward sexually tensive make outs.-

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Eh...with that kind of changes made? It will just push back when I would start my AE network.
I'll probably just tech till I have my MPS or equivalent flight option, then just go fly around with the compass for the whole day till I got all 4 different kind of press. Will only be a slight inconvenience for me.
For smp, if they are a group of friends, same as ssp. They will also probably task one person doing just that while the rest continues to build their base.
For smp that has a big player base, it will be a pretty shitty experience unless you have generous players who just gives out the extra copies of presses.
For a pvp smp? Lol.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: trajing

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
anigif_enhanced-30767-1393241710-1.gif

Reactions: Tornado3019

BlacKHeaDSg1

Jul 29, 2019
Carnivean on the AE IRC just made the most epic AE2 controller. Check this out.

Using P2P to make 694 685 Connections (193 Internally) for a total of 22,208 21,920 possible AE2 devices on one network. :p That is some creative designing.
Edit Correction: This design only has 685 connections for 21,920 devices. His other design that is hard to make has 694.

2014-04-14_19.42.17.png

I challenging you to replicate this in survival mode (in SSP, local pc without server). I really want to see how much time will take you to grind mats for this. Probably months.