Add A Dislike

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I dont think they can, I think that is a XenPorta problem
The Hypixel Forum runs on this same platform. On there, their's like 8 regular ratings. One for Helpers, One for Mods, One more Admins, and a Wat rating for admins.
Agree
Disagree
Dislike
Funny
Useful
Creative
Hype Train

For Staff
Helper Lapis
Mod Emerald
Admin Diamond
Admin Wat

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
The Hypixel Forum runs on this same platform. On there, their's like 8 regular ratings. One for Helpers, One for Mods, One more Admins, and a Wat rating for admins.
Agree
Disagree
Dislike
Funny
Useful
Creative
Hype Train

For Staff
Helper Lapis
Mod Emerald
Admin Diamond
Admin Wat
Oh. Then in that case, I might be to prevent argument? (I don't know)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
instead of disliking a post just report it as spam or report the user for spam.

This alerts the moderators that there is once again spam something that a simple dislike button won't do.

As for why it doesn't exist. It isn't needed and has a chance to cause arguments over nothing.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
If you're here to agitate others then I would say that this is not the forums for you

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think it would have far too great a potential for low-key bullying and its a negativity we don't need here. If you don't like something, don't "Like" it; if you think its abusive or harmful, report it; if you think the poster is just being a bit dumb (I've had many dumb moments in my posts!) then just leave it, or comment politely. That promotes a positive, encouraging environment.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Absolutely terrible idea. Sorry, but I've had experience with it and all it does is ruin everything. If there was a dislike button, it'd be all over this thread.

Nuclear creeper, read the room. You're bringing the wrong game here. Look around. You're the only one acting like this.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
All forums need a way to disagree, Reddit has Downvote, Other Forums have dislike or Disagree, etc.
Its a fact..
And when the September news comes out, I want to dislike it for taking so long.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
All forums need a way to disagree, Reddit has Downvote, Other Forums have dislike or Disagree, etc.
Its a fact..
And when the September news comes out, I want to dislike it for taking so long.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my child. Use your words. Particularly, if you dislike something or disagree strongly enough to warrant feedback, please make an educated discussion point on which to potentially move that person, or others, to see things from your point of view. Providing a simple button-click providing no actual dialogue does nothing to further the conversation.

Honestly, I don't care if you disagree with me, as long as you're willing to discuss why in a level headed manner. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong (it's happened before). Without some sort of logic to explain how or why, I'm not going to accept it. Just having a random person dislike or disagree via one push without anything else added might as well be spam.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Disagreeing without actually engaging in conversation is pretty much the root of the issues plaguing my country right now, and it's spreading everywhere. And ultimately will lead to World War 3. Bad, bad idea.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Disagreeing without actually engaging in conversation is pretty much the root of the issues plaguing my country right now, and it's spreading everywhere. And ultimately will lead to World War 3. Bad, bad idea.
Lemme guess the USA?
Yeah, but you know a dislike would kinda be more impactful than a written response.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think of likes as a scorecard. Doing so leads to pandering, rather than standing beside your own thoughts. Pandering leads to less intelligent conversation. Intelligent conversation is why I return here.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Single button dislikes pave the road to Idiocracy (Great Movie, BTW. See it if you haven't) :D

"Electrolytes. It's what plants crave!"

The first time I watched the movie, it was stupid. The second time, it was hilarious. The third time, it was sad (because I saw it starting to come true).

Reactions: Cpt_gloval

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't think of likes as a scorecard. Doing so leads to pandering, rather than standing beside your own thoughts. Pandering leads to less intelligent conversation. Intelligent conversation is why I return here.

Even just a "Like" button can be misused as a scorecard... On another forum we have a "status" bar indicating likes that is displayed on every post. It is commonly referred to as either an "E-peen" or a "Greenis" (they're green) and comments often compare their respective lengths.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Even just a "Like" button can be misused as a scorecard... On another forum we have a "status" bar indicating likes that is displayed on every post. It's commonly referred to as either an "E-peen" or a "Greenis" (they're green) and comments often compare their respective lengths.
Ah yes, its a balance of stating your opinion and not getting dislike spammed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.