A Whole New World

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Changing texture packs definitely changes the entire game:

Soartex:

Sdkh49a.jpg

Sphax:

4mHiEM9.jpg

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I could get away with Soartex except for the horrible Netherbrick texture. And sphax I just won't even go near..
Faithful would be the only texture pack I'd be interested in.

Reactions: RedBoss

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I could get away with Soartex except for the horrible Netherbrick texture. And sphax I just won't even go near..

My main issue with Soartex is the ores, they are hideous and it's difficult to tell what they are. I used to use Sphax, but I started using default for the FTB Hunger Games, got really used to it, and deleted Sphax. I don't care for Faithful, they looks so similar, and I just get worse fps with it.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to get faithful for my custom pack (or atleast what's done), but due to the massive amount of textures it had to load it... Well, it didn't load. It stopped responding. I probably waited 5 minutes, But it was frozen. I had to close it with task manager.
Ah well, I probably wouldn't have used it because it lacks mod support ATM. They are slowly getting back into it, though.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to get faithful for my custom pack (or atleast what's done), but due to the massive amount of textures it had to load it... Well, it didn't load. It stopped responding. I probably waited 5 minutes, But it was frozen. I had to close it with task manager.
Ah well, I probably wouldn't have used it because it lacks mod support ATM. They are slowly getting back into it, though.

Slightly off topic, but, you keep mentioning your custom pack, is there a modlist and/or download?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly off topic, but, you keep mentioning your custom pack, is there a modlist and/or download?
Heh heh... Maybe I should slap that into my signature and stop mentioning it so much.
I'm not at my computer right now, so i can't post my modlist, but I did post it on one of the recent "what mods do you add to ftb" threads. Check my post history and see if you can find it.

And unfortunately no, there's no download because its for me and me only to use, as I don't think mod authors would like me distributing their stuff without their permission.
I play ssp alot. Forever alone.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I plan to use Lawbroken's texture pack once the shift to 1.6 happens; until then, I'm fine with default. ;)

Also: OP, thank you so much for getting the song from Aladdin stuck in my head. [/sarcasm] :p

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I saw the title and immediately started singing in my head.

That comparison is pretty cool though, but I only play texturepacks in vanilla. And sadly, I no longer play vanilla.

E: I take that back, JSTR is looking really funky...

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
My favourite is still the 32x faithful.
But right now I would use any tp for unleashed ;D