A Shitstorm

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leFedoraMan

Jul 29, 2019
I am not hating, I never said GT is bad or should be removed. I do not like it, and I do not play it, I do not try to post my opinion on GT forums, because, well, I do not like it.
Why are they doing this to us then? WHo is the real hater?

TechFan

Jul 29, 2019
I am not hating, I never said GT is bad or should be removed. I do not like it, and I do not play it, I do not try to post my opinion on GT forums, because, well, I do not like it.
Come on, that was obvious hate, you can not say you are not hating. Also, for a newbie, you are replying way too fast in a thread.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Think. We are not telling you that you're wrong for liking RF. You ran in and assumed that. Everyone here was pretty nice, and calm, and civil. Except you.
Beginning to see a pattern?

Reactions: Padfoote

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, If you think "these" are just numbers, maybe you should play in creative. The tech-mod concept should be making minecraft more of a challendge, and providing tools to accomplish that challendge. Not just "get diamonds from coal".

Challendge?

Anyway. I do play for the creative aspects of the game. Having to work for my gains and giving my builds a functional purpose is why I dont play creative mode and use mods. Dont underestimate my abilities in the engineering department though. I submit my Mekanism 5x ore processing facility as an example:

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q665/epidemia78/Eldaria/6_zpsbc09eb7b.png
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q665/epidemia78/Eldaria/8_zps9c68e5ec.png
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q665/epidemia78/Eldaria/2014-08-22_070613_zpsd998eb95.png

it was a mind bending puzzle trying to cram all of that into an aesthetically pleasing form. That is classy engineering folks, making stuff work without being an eyesore. I could further challenge myself by using a more difficult to obtain power source, preferably operated by rails. And that is indeed part of the plan but I dont need anal retentive uncreative types forcing me to play by their rules.

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
Challendge?

Anyway. I do play for the creative aspects of the game. Having to work for my gains and giving my builds a functional purpose is why I dont play creative mode and use mods. Dont underestimate my abilities in the engineering department though. I submit my Mekanism 5x ore processing facility as an example:

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q665/epidemia78/Eldaria/2014-08-22_070613_zpsd998eb95.png

it was a mind bending puzzle trying to cram all of that into an aesthetically pleasing form. That is classy engineering folks, making stuff work without being an eyesore. I could further challenge myself by using a more difficult to obtain power source, preferably operated by rails. And that is indeed part of the plan but I dont need anal retentive uncreative types forcing me to play by their rules.

Salute to you. That looks beautiful. Now I'll go cry at my mekanism facility.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
When I have a rule hardcoded into a gameplay feature, I can't break that rule I set for myself, can I?

And mod devs make mods they would like to play. The power systems were made for the creator's enjoyment. They all cater to their own type.

TechFan

Jul 29, 2019
Challendge?

Nice building style you have there, I have to admit. I still think, that RF is not a challendge enough as a power system. It is quite good as an utility, but, as a challendge, meh. Not my taste.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So if Minecraft isnt difficult enough for you then go without armor. When it comes to power gen, you know what the most OP thing is in my opinion? Energy Cells. Stop storing up your energy and focus instead on producing insane amounts of it, quickly. Theres no way to store MJ natively unless you consider a huge tank of oil like a battery. Play by buildcraft rules if thats what you like.

Reactions: immibis

TechFan

Jul 29, 2019
So if Minecraft isnt difficult enough for you then go without armor. When it comes to power gen, you know what the most OP thing is in my opinion? Energy Cells. Stop storing up your energy and focus instead on producing insane amounts of it, quickly. Theres no way to store MJ natively unless you consider a huge tank of oil like a battery. Play by buildcraft rules if thats what you like.
Yes, but when playing a multiplayer server it wouldn't be as much fun being the only one having that restriction, don't you agree?

Reactions: immibis and trajing

TechFan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, sure, it is a nice game, too grindy for me, though. I still would love to have the BC energy, instead of RF. Remember the times, when TE used BC energy?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well, sure, it is a nice game, too grindy for me, though. I still would love to have the BC energy, instead of RF. Remember the times, when TE used BC energy?
You mean ~2 major MC updates ago and earlier?
Pretty sure I remember because I just played a bit of the old Mindcrack pack.

TechFan

Jul 29, 2019
You mean ~2 major MC updates ago and earlier?
Pretty sure I remember because I just played a bit of the old Mindcrack pack.
Yeah, I loved that era of MC the most. RedPower, Industrialcraft and packet systems, buildcraft and quarries, it was all so nicely fitting together. I do not even like the new packs anymore...

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like using RF. My main preference for mods is towards the magic mods, and with a few exceptions I like to do most of it by hand. I'm not fussed about automating my essentia, or setting up a system that I can feed in a barrel of stone and get more livingrock than I will ever need to use unless I decide to make a tower out of it. As a result, I tend to use my power system and machines as a support for what I want to do. I don't have a huge amount of interest in setting up a complex, gated power grid just to run a basic machine set that covers my main needs.

That being said, I understand that other people enjoy sinking time into setting up their power systems, using a complicated energy grid and overcoming the challenges that doing so presents. That's their way of doing things, and it has no impact on how I do things. Live and let live.

From what I understand (which isn't much since I've never played around with MJ-based power), Buildcraft is where most of the energy management comes from. Most RF conduits already auto-convert to MJ, and so people can use Buildcraft machines without having to go into the Buildcraft energy system.

So one way this issue could be resolved in a way that impacts no-one's enjoyment of how they play the game is to let Buildcraft's energy net accept power from RF producers and power RF-based machines. This might upset some people, but then people are free to build whatever system they so desire, using either RF or MJ for their energy net and not being penalised for either. This would also mean that Railcraft and Forestry switching to RF would have no impact on MJ users, as their systems could still power everything and be powered by everything as it once was.

An alternative would be to have a config option for Railcraft and Forestry allowing them to be based off of either MJ or RF, but this isn't so fluid in the case of a MP servers, where whoever sets up the server makes the call and the people who disagree with the eventual decision are just unlucky.

Ultimately, I'm just trying to see a solution where people can play how they want, whether that be with the greater accessibility and ease afforded by RF, or with the challenges and complexity offered by MJ. I'm sure there are better solutions out there though.

Reactions: RedBoss
Status
Not open for further replies.