A replacement for frames!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has you covered with their own block breaker ;)

Only problem being supplying power, signals and item transport on only the rear face, through the frame, as there has to be a block breaker in front of every front face of the machine. On the plus side, all a prospective frame bore mod has to do is add some form of tube plus redstone plus conduit frame, although that would probably be quite difficult.

As for deployers and assemblers, the only replacement I know of is turtles, which are another one of those functional but less than ideal replacements.

Edit: just remembered that you can have the frame move up and down/left and right to use less breakers, which would allow this to work, at least as a temporary replacement.

cmwatford

Jul 29, 2019
Uuuuh, i kinda dont understand what you said there exactly xD
But i just dont like the way how he did that to shadowdrgn and im not that bothered about frames :D

But yeah, im picky and stubborn.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Shadowdragon acted like an ass to Jakj who was trying to help him and this has caused you to dislike Jakj? I'm sorry but I fail to understand your reasoning here.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Shadowdragon acted like an ass to Jakj who was trying to help him and this has caused you to dislike Jakj? I'm sorry but I fail to understand your reasoning here.

Trying to help him?
Uuuuh, shadowdrgn didnt want his mod to be opened up and changed, and i respect that.
Jakj didnt care about that, so he did that -.-

Jakj ignored the way how shadowdrgn wanted to do his mod.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Trying to help him?
Uuuuh, shadowdrgn didnt want his mod to be opened up and changed, and i respect that.
Jakj didnt care about that, so he did that -.-

Jakj ignored the way how shadowdrgn wanted to do his mod.

Do you use Modular Power Suits? Machinemuse's first mod was a fix for the bug in EE2 and gravitysuit where you couldn't fly with the gravity suit unless you had a swiftwolfs ring as well.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use Modular Power Suits? Machinemuse's first mod was a fix for the bug in EE2 and gravitysuit where you couldn't fly with the gravity suit unless you had a swiftwolfs ring as well.

No i dont use modular power suits and i didnt know that.

Also there was the things that jakj said about the ftb community, i dont trust that guy.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
MFFS3, Calclavia's mod, has the best frame equivalent right now. It's incredibly good, it lets you move whole volumes of space with forcefield inchworm drives. It requires a lot of power, but I've successfully moved online nuclear reactors (both AtSci and IC2) powering the manipulators. I've also moved buildcraft tanks, and with some careful design you can even move animal farms (I used MFR conveyors to make this work, btw).

Are there any videos about this functionallity? I haven't got the time to check it right now.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
not liking something without any valid reason

Valid is completely subjective(In regards to this subject).

If the creator of something is an asshole it, to me, is valid to not like their creation because of their behavior.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
No i dont use modular power suits and i didnt know that.

Also there was the things that jakj said about the ftb community, i dont trust that guy.

Hey at least he doesn't show blatant contempt for people who use his mod, disappear for months at a time, or forbid decompiling of something that only exists because of decompiling. Really, if saying mean things about FTB makes you not trust someone, you need to get over yourself. Or look through code, since it's actually available.

Anyhow I haven't run into problems with RiM but then again I haven't tried moving Nether portals or fancy Thaumcraft type things.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey at least he doesn't show blatant contempt for people who use his mod, disappear for months at a time, or forbid decompiling of something that only exists because of decompiling. Really, if saying mean things about FTB makes you not trust someone, you need to get over yourself. Or look through code, since it's actually available.

Anyhow I haven't run into problems with RiM but then again I haven't tried moving Nether portals or fancy Thaumcraft type things.

I really dont want to get into it, i dont want to use his mod and its the end of it.
If i want to use frames other ways, i can.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any videos about this functionallity? I haven't got the time to check it right now.

Uhhh, Calclavia pushed a demo video that is unimpressive. let me see if I can gin something up for you. There is this world eating mobile AE death star powered by fusion that RedBoss and I concocted. We're sort of daring each other to build it.[DOUBLEPOST=1374446737][/DOUBLEPOST]
... chewing old soup...

It's cool how you made it worse.

Reactions: SteveTech

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, Calclavia pushed a demo video that is unimpressive. let me see if I can gin something up for you. There is this world eating mobile AE death star powered by fusion that RedBoss and I concocted. We're sort of daring each other to build it.

That death star sounds like a fun way to lag a server... will it be equipped with a mining well death beam?