A replacement for frames!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Seen this mod before, looks interesting. I will use this mod for sure when I play the 1.5 pack again :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
the blocks are kind of.... weird
but it does have cool animations and works pretty well with other mods from what I can see

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Woo, a frame mod that i can use (i refuse to use jakj's one)
Anyways, its a early release, it will be better soon :3

Reactions: dgdas9

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
There was the problems with ShadowDrgn and him IRRC so i prefer to not use it :C
Yeah, the "problem" was SD didn't like that jakj provided a patch to fix a longstanding bug in soulshards that SD left unfixed for months even though jakj had provided him the exact code needed to fix it. When jakj got fed up waiting and published the fix SD threw a tantrum and quickly added the fix.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the "problem" was SD didn't like that jakj provided a patch to fix a longstanding bug in soulshards that SD left unfixed for months even though jakj had provided him the exact code needed to fix it. When jakj got fed up waiting and published the fix SD threw a tantrum and quickly added the fix.

And thats quite a big "problem" if he is willing to do that, which was against Shadowdrgn's wishes, i refuse to use his mod.
Also he seems to be pretty rude from what i have saw.

Your making it sound like a stupid problem -.-

Reactions: dgdas9

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

There are four mods I've tried. Truss and Redstone In Motion crash a lot because they try and do rendering. Of the two, Truss is less crashy. Which is too bad, because RiM is actually a really awesome mod that actually advances the concept of frames.

Complex Machines adds frames, but don't use them. Every time I've tried I've corrupted a world.

MFFS3, Calclavia's mod, has the best frame equivalent right now. It's incredibly good, it lets you move whole volumes of space with forcefield inchworm drives. It requires a lot of power, but I've successfully moved online nuclear reactors (both AtSci and IC2) powering the manipulators. I've also moved buildcraft tanks, and with some careful design you can even move animal farms (I used MFR conveyors to make this work, btw).

If you want frames in 1.5/1.6, the most reliable and useful mod to do it is MFFS3 as far as I can tell. Redstone In Motion is very promising, but the author is obsessed with fancy rendering for every block and this is just... not going to happen. Too many blocks have custom rendering code and you can't crash every time someone has an unusual implicit multiblock or .obj. RiM also has the downside that once you're on it you get locked in place and it can be insanely hard to stop the machine without relogging. Just a very poor design decision.[DOUBLEPOST=1374245237][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh look, another frame mod.

There are, um... four? And until recently no one has had a stable solution.

Reactions: Bigglesworth