Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika you seem interested in the idea, should I see if @Strikingwolf and @SatanicSanta will add you to the convo?
Sure, though I can guarantee I will not be able to contribute anything aside from the occasional idea, as my hands are very full with the combined load of ChromatiCraft, terrifyingly-likely-imminent 1.8 update, and of course real-world time demands which promise to be significant.

MonkeyB

Jul 29, 2019
This drama is done.

Next up is
pFxs9Kr.png

Reactions: PierceSG and Queue

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm surprised that my suggestion was actually considered seriously. This'll be terrible for my ego you'll never hear the end of it.

But yeah, simplicity.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Magnetostatics now implement the RF/t current limits I specified. They no longer have an internal buffer of any size worth considering, and they require the input be capable of supplying enough RF/t for the max power of that tier.
Jesus christ, you work fast.

Reactions: Padfoote

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It would of been more fun to see buildcraft take up EU instead :p

I'm just kidding. It wouldn't make sense: IC2 is an electric mod, buildcraft is more based around kinetics. However, buildcraft has some stuff that IC2 doesn't, I might port some stuff over though, @asiekierka can't have all the fun (probably not going to though).

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
It would of been more fun to see buildcraft take up EU instead :p

I'm just kidding. It wouldn't make sense: IC2 is an electric mod, buildcraft is more based around kinetics. However, buildcraft has some stuff that IC2 doesn't, I might port some stuff over though, @asiekierka can't have all the fun (probably not going to though).
This is, however a good point. How do I make a modpack with both EU and RF working together? I can see why packs just chose one or the other

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
IMO, IC2E + addons is mostly worthless now as the EU ecosystem simply does not have anywhere near the stability or functionality that the RF ecosystem does. You simply aren't missing anything except crops in a pure RF world that you would get by adding in IC2. This is especially true now that the BC Trio work on RF now. IC2E + GT is a completely different story though as it's essentially a total conversion.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It's kind of annoying for me, I love buildcraft pipes (I have a deep hate for itemducts btw, not cause' balance, I just don't like them), but I don't want to have MJ/RF stuff in my pack. This was my power setup in Ultimate.
2bMYihV.png

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
IMO, IC2E + addons is mostly worthless now as the EU ecosystem simply does not have anywhere near the stability or functionality that the RF ecosystem does. You simply aren't missing anything except crops in a pure RF world that you would get by adding in IC2. This is especially true now that the BC Trio work on RF now. IC2E + GT is a completely different story though as it's essentially a total conversion.
Your opinion.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
One concern about RF is update time. CoFH Core and the other RF stuff had their 1.7 port released on the 29th of July. Buildcraft released their 1.7 port in February 15th, IC2 in February 21st. The time difference is ridiculous. Do we really want to depend on a mod that releases *that* late? Yes, Buildcraft and IC2 weren't stable at all, but they became so quickly.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
One concern about RF is update time. CoFH Core and the other RF stuff had their 1.7 port released on the 29th of July. Buildcraft released their 1.7 port in February 15th, IC2 in February 21st. The time difference is ridiculous. Do we really want to depend on a mod that releases *that* late? Yes, Buildcraft and IC2 weren't stable at all, but they became so quickly.
RF itself is incredibly simple and could be updated in minutes. The only forge/vanilla code it depends on is TileEntities and directions.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I do find it funny, we had been playing on Kirara with a full 1.7 modlist for months before the first RF mods updated

Reactions: RedBoss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, CoFHLib was updated fairly early iirc. They really didn't change much, if anything, so I assume that they won't change much in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.