[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance, all ores could get either same texture or simular?
I'm one of those having setups of all mods, and some of the ores still default.

Also, please PLEASE please fix Lapiz haha ;)

Allthough, it looks amazing, overall. Thank you for doing it.

s4int7

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic pack!

A few things I found missing:
-Mystcraft crystals
-Armor
-Slimeballs
-Dyes
-Fish
-Most Foods
-Ender Pearls
-Railcraft Wye Tracks
-Factorization
-Forestry Crated Objects
-Portal Gun Mod
-Steve's Carts Modules

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I can't reproduce the lightmap problem. Could I have a screenshot?

@Kaffe: Aside from Xycraft, what other ores are missing? Also, what is wrong with the lapis?

@s4int7: I'm always adding and remaking stuff. Since the 2.2 release I have remade the BC3 blocks sheet, finished Forestry machines completely, finished Forestry GUIs, remade all engines in all mods, made the triggers.png for almost all the mods, fixed BC GUI transparency problems and actually finished mystcraft. Factorization should be in there already. I also removed the biome colorizer on stone (fixes a slight discoloration). Pigs and Skeletons may make it in soon. I still need some time before I'm ready to update though.

Any and all help is welcome.

kapmabijap

Jul 29, 2019
I can't reproduce the lightmap problem. Could I have a screenshot?

@Kaffe: Aside from Xycraft, what other ores are missing? Also, what is wrong with the lapis?

@s4int7: I'm always adding and remaking stuff. Since the 2.2 release I have remade the BC3 blocks sheet, finished Forestry machines completely, finished Forestry GUIs, remade all engines in all mods, made the triggers.png for almost all the mods, fixed BC GUI transparency problems and actually finished mystcraft. Factorization should be in there already. I also removed the biome colorizer on stone (fixes a slight discoloration). Pigs and Skeletons may make it in soon. I still need some time before I'm ready to update though.

Any and all help is welcome.

how can we help you? :)

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
how can we help you? :)
@anyone:
1. Play with the the pack and find textures you want to make or remake better.
2. Try your best, then post them on http://soartex.net or here.
Me and GoldBattle can handle including it throughout the packs from there.

If you want to learn how to use Gimp, send me a PM and we can get started.

There are quite a few remaining textures but we are getting very close. If you have the time, here are some recommended mod textures. Keep in mind anything and everything is free to be edited.
-finish Forestry crates sheet
-Thermal Expansion items
-Portal Gun
-Steve's Carts (modules, GUIs and items)
-Factorization upgrade items
-TwilightForest stone, saplings and mobs
-TC3 and EE3 needs more work
-Xycraft liquids sheet

If you can't make new textures but still want to help, send me texture errors when you find them.

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
Appoligize for slow reply, but haven't been able to log in over facebook.
Lapiz has default look (for me at least)
As for ingots, all the 20257 ID's ingots. I do not know which mod those are, sorry.
Would love to be more helpfull, but I'm sorry that I'm not :(

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
@Kaffe: Ah, lapis item, not block. There are a number of vanilla textures that have not been made yet. Progress is still being made on them, though.

Delta64

Jul 29, 2019
@Kaffe: Ah, lapis item, not block. There are a number of vanilla textures that have not been made yet. Progress is still being made on them, though.

Don't stress too much over it. Just seeing constant updates is enough in my opinion. Keep up the great work!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I've been looking around to try and find a decent mod pack for a while now. Each mod pack I ran into had some things I liked, and some things I didn't. Sphax, for example, had awesome glass, but absolutely ridiculous haphazard pentagrams all over the place. Faithful was okay, but the glass had those annoying glare lines all through it. Realistic looked pretty, but again, that glass was an eyesore, and there were some things that were just silly.

Your mod pack... it's like someone read my thoughts on 'okay, take this aspect from this mod pack, this aspect from this mod pack...' and threw it all together. Then updated it for more mods than most packs ever get.

You, sir, are made of win and awesome. I will be using this mod pack for my Let's Play FTB series, which will start once RP2 comes out and the official mod packs start getting released.

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
Shneekey, I do a lot of work and updating on the pack, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

Haylio, Hiding in the Light and Tzigane made many of the forestry textures, I am only finishing them up in this next update.
Warbaque made the original IC2 textures, then Neoboy remade them.
Neoboy also made V1 of the Railcraft, BC and ironchest textures. I recently revised/remade them, but he did a lot of fantastic work and was the start of the modded pack.
Floppy made all the Railcraft rails.
Dare2win, Goldbattle, Tzigane and I made gregtech textures, Goldbattle finished Advanced Solars from where I had left off, Thaumcraft and EE3 support so far is done entirely without my help. Goldbattle, Tzigane, Dare and Nate have been working on those. Kirazy made quite a few amazing BC textures. Goldbattle continues to make fixes to these mods on a regular basis, for which I am extremely relieved for the help. Sheynx, Valsis and Alf do a lot of quality control. It's a team project, I'm lucky to have them.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Then I will revise my earlier statement by saying:

You and your team are made of win and awesome, and I thank each and every one of you for your hard work and effort. I'll be playing around with it more to see if I can provide any feedback other than "WOW! This is <bleep>ing AMAZING!" So far, however, it all seems pretty and shiny.

Reactions: Shoeboxam

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
One bit of feedback: Glass Panes

Glass itself makes lovely smooth windows. Glass panes... not so much. It's still got the jarring borders inside, even with Optifine's Connected Textures.

I understand that some people prefer it that way to make traditional little four-pane windows, but I'd much rather have a single sheet of glass. Would there be a way to include that option?

I hope I'm not being a big pane in the glass about all this :p

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
One bit of feedback: Glass Panes

Glass itself makes lovely smooth windows. Glass panes... not so much. It's still got the jarring borders inside, even with Optifine's Connected Textures.

I understand that some people prefer it that way to make traditional little four-pane windows, but I'd much rather have a single sheet of glass. Would there be a way to include that option?

I hope I'm not being a big pane in the glass about all this :p
The CTM-ized glass should be in there. Written down to check to see if it's broken. I prefer the normal version, honestly, but I have both.

I'm still working on textures, several more sheets remade/added. I'm hesitant to back-port our support to the FTB version now, since we've worked so far ahead. One thing for sure is, I'm not going to update until the TC3 support has matured a bit... so I might focus on that for a few days. I also have my eye on expanding Factorization support.

One thing to note, vanilla is getting a CTM bugfix update tomorrow morning. Randomized grass is back in style!

Universal Electricity is not on my own todo list, but I can't speak for anyone else who wants to chip in and make it. You are welcome to it. I can always help if you get a strong start!

Widget

Jul 29, 2019
first off - great texture pack

im sorry if this has been asked before

the only faults or dislikes i have about the texture pack are the quantum suit and im not in love with the look of the machines

are there alternatives to the above mentioned items or does some one know of another packs ic2 machines that would go with this pack?

Im thinking either replace the hole ic2 folder with another that goes with the pack or maybe just the the pngs with the suit and the machines?

at the very least is so the furnaces are the same blue colour as other machines

Lastpack

Jul 29, 2019
When i install Soartex and Optifine then my FTB just quit after a few minutes and without Optifine it works perfectly.. how is that possible?

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
@lastpack - do not use "multicore" in optifine, instead use "smooth" Else you may to allot more ram in the FTB launcher.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Checking this out. Looks good. Really be interested in seeing the machine textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.