64-bit Java problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If google chrome has a backup facilty I would back up what you require and remove it for the moment. The log says 64 bit at the top but the line 38 below still says 32 bit. So I not sure but it still seems to think that 32bit is stil there.

[21:55:27] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at :

If that does not work then sorry I am at a loss.

Edit: One other thing you could check is java from the control panel and see what versions it finds there.

To get there go to the control panel then to programs then click java. Tell me what it lists there. You could also try the find option which will scan you selected location for java installations. Try that if the check only shows one java installation and set it to scan your c drive.

Last edited:

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
here is
4vxx.png

im gonna try advanced system care uninstall with regedit

Edit:why technic allocate 4gb but ftb not ?

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
im gonna try again
uninstall 64-bit restart
install 32-bit restart
uninstall 32-bit restart
install 64-bit

i use advanced system care for uninstall

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Grab the x64 one from here.

It might be the autodl thing I would always manually update java and not use the autodl feature if that is a feature.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
i use advanced system care for uninstall
Why not use the Control Panel for uninstalling? I wonder if it might have something to do with that program. We I are currently grasping at straws here sorry if you've tried the normal uninstall process with the Control Panel and restarted.

Last edited:

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Show us a screenshot of you control panel so we can see what versions of Java it is seeing.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
There must be something else in your system that ftb is detecing that java 32 bit. Although I am not sure what. What lavarthan said could be true regarding the advanced care system. One last thing I can think off is to run a program that clears out all temporary files like browers junk temp file junk and such. It removes java cache as well. It couldn't hurt to try it. Grab if from here and run it.

It is safe to run it because I have done it myself.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use the Control Panel for uninstalling? I wonder if it might have something to do with that program. We I are currently grasping at straws here sorry if you've tried the normal uninstall process with the Control Panel and restarted.
i use windows uninstaller at first page but launcher see 32bit so i tried with Asc it clean the regedits but it failed.

Show us a screenshot of you control panel so we can see what versions of Java it is seeing.
Here this is ?
aho0.png

63va.png

eqzg.png

There must be something else in your system that ftb is detecing that java 32 bit. Although I am not sure what. What lavarthan said could be true regarding the advanced care system. One last thing I can think off is to run a program that clears out all temporary files like browers junk temp file junk and such. It removes java cache as well. It couldn't hurt to try it. Grab if from here and run it.

i will try

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019

i installed and used , restarted but still 1gb ram

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Does google chrome have any addons installed relating to java? If so I would backup favourites/ bookmarks or whatever they are and remove it then reboot and see if that happens.

The launcher is picking up 32bit java from somewhere because other people can use both without issues.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Does google chrome have any addons installed relating to java? If so I would backup favourites/ bookmarks or whatever they are and remove it then reboot and see if that happens.

The launcher is picking up 32bit java from somewhere because other people can use both without issues.
There is no java addons or plugins

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Try running an uninstall program called revo uninstaller. There is a free version and it may detect if there any traces left of the 32bit java. Get it from here.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I found a thread below that may or may not help. Please be careful if try out the regedit thing because messing with the registry can be very dangerous.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/why-ftb_launcher-always-run-java-32-bits-as-default.6171/#post-367123

I am not entirely sure if this will work but it is worth a shot. If it still does not work then my only thinking is that something has gone wrong with windows.

I tried the revo uninstaller myself and it did not detect my java either. :( It also missed out other programs not just java.

@Ashzification is it worth asking any of the other tech support guys if they have any solutions for this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.