1. This section of the forums is now closed. You can post and answer support requests on the new support site here

64-bit Java problem

Discussion in '[Archived] Tech Support' started by AlimOncul, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

[​IMG]
    is it normal ?

Edit:This java problem reaveled when i play terraria with friends terraria crashed and ftb ram go down to 1gb all java things doesnt work

2. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

It does not say x86 so i think it is.

3. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

i uninstalled 77 programs not important im restarting maybe it will be fixed

4. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

So it is likely the problem is with windows then and not ftb.

5. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

yea its not worked :D
    that java thing very difficult and complicated

6. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

This tells me that it's a Java problem.

Long fix:

Uninstall Java.
    Restart your computer.
    Defragment your hard drive.
    Restart your computer.
    Reinstall Java.

7. Tristam Izumi

Tristam Izumi New Member

Might it also be necessary to track down any rogue elements of previous Java installs that never got deleted when uninstalling?

8. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Thus the defrag and second restart. Defragmenting should removing any remaining stray bits of Java.

9. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

I will try that
    I update tomorrow.

10. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

I was hoping that revo uninstaller might have been able to do that but no luck unless you need the pro version.

11. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

I uninstalled java and i closed pc.
    Other day i downloaded smart defrag and defrag c: and d: i restarted i installed java again restarted and it didnt work still 1gb ram max

newlog:http://pastebin.com/ubC5Cyy4

New:I just defragged.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  12. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

Use the Defragging option that comes with the computer.
    Under Control Panel\System and Security Administrative Tools there's an option to Defrag your hard drive. You do not need to install a program to do this.[DOUBLEPOST=1389045151][/DOUBLEPOST]This is what it will look like

Attached Files:

13. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

i did it and restarted install java and restart open ftb launcher update to 1.3.3 and max ram 1.5gb
    log:http://pastebin.com/TGt6XGxh

14. Ashzification

Ashzification New Member

I've got nothing. I have no idea why your computer would be defaulting to 32 bit Java.

15. Matakor

Matakor New Member

I'm gonna throw in a rather horrid idea, but it may work. Try running this with Java 8.

First, delete all instances of java, just to make sure ftb doesn't derp that back in, then download the java 8 JRE 64bit from here:: https://jdk8.java.net/download.html
    Then try running it again. It might work, or it might fail just as bad, but it can't hurt to try.

16. Viper-7

Viper-7 New Member

If you're absolutely sure you have 64-bit Java 7 installed, and it exists in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7, then try this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzjw3k8reus6sao/jre7x64.reg

That will create the registry entries that the FTB launcher looks for when searching for Java versions on your system.

If you do not have the folder I mentioned, I'd suggest as others have to try updating to Java 8.

17. AforAnonymous

AforAnonymous New Member

Before updating to Java 8, you might also try using this tool from Microsoft Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

1. Start the tool, select automatic, then select the option for a problem with /uninstalling/software.
    2. Select Java for Uninstallation in the tool
    3. Uninstall Java via the Tool, follow the instructions
    4. Restart your PC
    5. Install Java again from http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=81821

But I'd first try the registry key Viper-7 posted.

18. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

i opened that file and installed regedit key after restart still max ram 1.5gb
    JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
    [16:14:05] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\system32\java.exe
    [16:14:05] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:164: FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe

Im gonna try java 8 but how about after uninstalling java delete this files ? Maybe they cant be deleted

EDIT:Before installing java8 i tried AforAnonymous's answer and didnt work again.

EDIT2:Omg i installed java8 and still max ram 1.5gb look at that log
    [17:02:12] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.8.0-ea sorted as: 1.8.0_0 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java.exe [17:02:12]
    [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.8.0-ea sorted as: 1.8.0_0 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\system32\java.exe [17:02:12]
    [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:164: FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.8.0-ea sorted as: 1.8.0_0 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java.exe

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  19. MajPayne21

MajPayne21 New Member

Are you downloading and installing the right Java packages? At this point, I've never seen a 64 bit installer somehow install the 32 bit version of a program.

There is something really crazy going on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

20. AlimOncul

AlimOncul New Member

I installed java from "Matakor" post.I think some problems in regedit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.