64-bit Java problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys,
i got 32-bit java and 64-bit java they are java7 update45.When i open ftb launcher and go to options max ram is 1GB it says i am using 32-bit java please download 64-bit java.I dont understand because i have got other modpack launchers like technic i give all my ram (4gb) in settings why in ftb cant be ?

I tried to run bat with these codes

java -d64 -Xms1G -Xmx3G -jar FTB.jar
it failed again
WHAT I NEED TO DO ?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
The log will say which versions you have installed on your computer and which version the launcher is preferring. If I were you I'd uninstall all versions of Java 32bit and 64bit then only install the 64bit version. If you NEED the 32bit version then I'd install that first after uninstalling all Java versions then install the 64bit version. That will hopefully make the launcher see the 64bit version as the latest one and the one it should use. If that does not work please post a console log to pastebin.com by pressing the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button on the console. This will create a link at the bottom of the console. Provide us with the link so we can see your log. Look here for more info about the logs and pastebin.com and here for the recommended setup guide.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
So you installed the 32bit version first then 64bit? If so then I'm out of ideas unless someone knows of a registry key or a global variable that would make the launcher prefer the 64bit version. I'll keep an eye out for a fix though. Did you restart after uninstalling the Java and then again after installing each version?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
It might help as some of the files might not have been completely removed. Sometimes the uninstall/install process leaves some of the stuff to do until a restart. Something to do with changing settings that a user is already using so it does not create crashes.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Here is
Uninstall 32and64bit java
Restart PC
Install 32bit then 64bit java
Restart PC

AGAIN it says you are using 32-bit java are u serious wtf that launcher

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Here is
Uninstall 32and64bit java
Restart PC
Install 32bit then 64bit java
Restart PC

AGAIN it says you are using 32-bit java are u serious wtf that launcher

You need to read what we are saying.

Only install 64bit java not both. Then if the launcher is using 64bit then install 32bit.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
We wan't to get the launcher working first then you can install it after that but if it detects both it may want to use the 32 bit one.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
okay i did it i uninstalled 32-bit and restarted
here
7121.png

but launcher ram still 1gb
soxq.png

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
i did everything in that link.Still Max ram 1GB in ftb
try installing the 64bit java on a 64bit internet browser. it won't work if you are installing it with google chrome by the by(even if it was 64bit). I tried that,uninstalled both javas via the control panel, and then went to the all downloads page on the java page with fire fox, selected windows offline 64 bit, installed it, then launched ftb. DON'T INSTALL THE 32BIT until you can adjust the maximum ram over 1. if you need 32bit for google chrome, just get firefox and you can integrate your saved data from google chrome into firefox upon opening it.

Reactions: UniZero

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
try installing the 64bit java on a 64bit internet browser. it won't work if you are installing it with google chrome by the by(even if it was 64bit). I tried that,uninstalled both javas via the control panel, and then went to the all downloads page on the java page with fire fox, selected windows offline 64 bit, installed it, then launched ftb. DON'T INSTALL THE 32BIT until you can adjust the maximum ram over 1. if you need 32bit for google chrome, just get firefox and you can integrate your saved data from google chrome into firefox upon opening it.
i didnt install 32-bit
look up there is a screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.