32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm doing, but my game doesn't seem to have a texture for the Bio Reactor, yet, when I switch to default or Soarax, it does.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue in the John Smith pack?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm doing, but my game doesn't seem to have a texture for the Bio Reactor, yet, when I switch to default or Soarax, it does.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue in the John Smith pack?
You could copy the block texture from the soartex pack into the john smith one...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Go into your textue/resource pack then:
->assets - >mod name (Go into the mod you wat to edit the texture from)
-> textures ->Blocks/items etc.
Then find the texture, copy it then do the exact same with the the other texture pack and replace their texture with yours.
:)

Made_You_Look

Jul 29, 2019
So the website is giving me "403 Forbidden", and the patcher I already have doesn't run anymore. The MCF page owner doesn't have the modded pack, only vanilla.
What do?

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
The site seems dead.. on MCF they are directing people to another site and to google to DL the regular versions no JSTR.. so I donno..

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried entering the website, gave me that forbidden error, strange, it was working a month ago!
Try messaging @Zica?

Casketman

Jul 29, 2019
I wish the site wasnt down. I installed a new drive and wasnt able to safe my JSTR file so now I cant get it back =(

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows if there is JS for Metallurgy or ExtraTiC ? I did some textures for them thus I wonder if that was done already?

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I am using stuff from github. I works with 1.6.4. Currently I am not playing strictly ftb, but my modpack do contain like 90% of ftb mods. Ofc, there are some missing textures (for example Thaumcraft and Tinkers Constrcut), but most mods have proper textures.

To be honest, I didn't really know that there is a JohnSmith website. I was always using stuff from github.

Casketman

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong. The file I download says its the master file. The game doesnt see it even tho its in the folder.

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
The file is not a master file. It's a master branch. But that does not matter. There is only one branch. To explain. Downloading file and just copying it into game dir is wrong way. If you go and dive into file you will see that it's not in mc format. In top level dir there are dir with mods names, and inside every dir there is an 'assets' dir. That dir is a top level dir for game to recognize resource pack correctly. You have to merge desired folders, and them zip them again. That will produce a resource pack file.

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
Here's some up to date stuff, from the MCF JS:L and JSTR page: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0lw1gngOTGnX1JCbEFWZ2V4REU&usp=sharing#list The JSTR file was just updated at the beginning of this month. I haven't checked to see how up to date or complete it is, but I have one that was updated a few days before the site went down. (Mine [ https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyyq9krpqrhoj0v/JSTR.zip ] was last modified 2/1/2013, and is about 93MB, for reference)

Edit: just noticed mine isn't done uploading to DB yet, will update when it is finished
Edit2: got distracted, its up now.

Last edited:

neosatan

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that website is down for good. Anyone knows who was taking care about the website? I am asking cause I can host a website (maybe write a simple customizer for ftb flavours), but I don't want to steal it in rude way.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I should write a final post, I've just lost interest to minecraft, and with the amount of new mods coming out, glowstrontium and I just couldn't keep up. While we enjoyed what we did, it was just too much for the two of us, and it seemed like not that many people used the pack so it wasn't worth the huge amount of time it took to texture every single mod for a small amount of people.

As for what any of you could do, go ahead and make another download for it if you want, everything is in the github repo that was posted earlier