32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

This is a self-made update for FTB Unleashed (MC 1.5.2).

Updated the previous release with more fixes.

Changelog (r2)

Previous changes: r1

Factorization - Block fixes.
- Fixed the stupid purple cover on the Mixer and Crystallizer. These blocks now use the cauldron texture too.
- Made new textures for the Solar Boiler, Steam Turbine, Grinder and Leyden Jar.
- Made new GUI textures for the Mixer and Parasieve.

IC2 - Some texture fixes.
- Fixed texture paths on generators, energy storage and transformers, they should display correctly now.
- Removed useless smelting flame from BatBox/MFE/MFSU GUI.
- Fixed smelting flame alignment on Generator GUI.
- Fixed block textures for EU-Splitter Cable and EU-Detector Cable.
- Fixed item textures for EU-Splitter Cable.
- Made new item textures for 10k Cooling Cell, Biofuel Cell and Coalfuel Cell.

Biomes o Plenty - Backport from 1.6.
- All textures present in 1.6 are available.

Forestry - Backport from 1.6.
- Fixed up some item textures sourced from 1.6.
- Fixed up Arborist's Chest using 1.6.
- Made new proven grafter item texture.

Railcraft - Backport from 1.6.
- Added detectors and signal textures from 1.6.
- Added coke block texture from 1.6.
- Changed liquid tank window textures to 1.6 version.

* You are free to use any of the changes and additions for making updates to JSTR.
Notes: The MineFactory Reloaded update took the longest and is the highest quality. The Forestry block unstitchings need serious review, as some of them aren't even used by the 1.5.2 version.

-------------------
Download: Dropbox
-------------------

Reactions: slizz3r

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

This is a self-made update for FTB Unleashed (MC 1.5.2). Fixes 90% of the textures for BuildCraft, IC2, Forestry, Biomes o Plenty, Railcraft, MFR, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Iron Chests, and Nether Ores.

Changelog (r3)

Previous changes: r1, r2

Thermal Expansion - GUI fixes.
- Fixed all the liquid indicators, most were not scaled properly. Some parts were changed in CoFHCore.
- Routing slot background colours are more muted.
- Fixed the broken stuff in the Glacial Precipitator.
- Fixed the alignment of smelting meters.

Forestry - GUI fixes.
- Soldering GUI, fixed the confusing misaligned top circuit board slot.

MineFactory Reloaded
- Fixed rubber tree leaves for fast graphics mode.

* You are free to use any of the changes and additions for making updates to JSTR.
Notes: The MineFactory Reloaded update took the longest and is the highest quality. The Forestry block unstitchings need serious review, as some of them aren't even used by the 1.5.2 version.

-------------------
-------------------

Teddiep22

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really liking your pack Leenhaart, but i'm having a problem with the MFR Rubber tree leaves texture, it seems that it is missing or just isn't loading into the game, i was just wondering if this is just me or if anyone else has had the same problem. Apart from that keep up the good work.

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really liking your pack Leenhaart, but i'm having a problem with the MFR Rubber tree leaves texture, it seems that it is missing or just isn't loading into the game, i was just wondering if this is just me or if anyone else has had the same problem. Apart from that keep up the good work.
Ok, fixed it. I cropped the "Graphics: Fast" leaves a pixel too much. Thanks for the report, I don't usually run that option.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2
-------------------

Hey, just so we don't duplicate effort, I spent the day working on unstitching and sorting textures from 1.4. I've got ported and working versions of Portal Gun and GraviSuite, a ported but buggy Wireless Redstone, and an unstitched but untested Steve's Carts. (None of these have any new art made or animations converted.) I'll be passing them on to Glowstrontium via Git in a little while.

Do you know how to use Git and Github? If not, you might want to contribute your NetherOres unstitcher config to the thread (my configs will be in Soartex's repo as the pull requests get approved), I'd be willing to explain how to get your work into git.

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just so we don't duplicate effort, I spent the day working on unstitching and sorting textures from 1.4. I've got ported and working versions of Portal Gun and GraviSuite, a ported but buggy Wireless Redstone, and an unstitched but untested Steve's Carts. (None of these have any new art made or animations converted.) I'll be passing them on to Glowstrontium via Git in a little while.

Do you know how to use Git and Github? If not, you might want to contribute your NetherOres unstitcher config to the thread (my configs will be in Soartex's repo as the pull requests get approved), I'd be willing to explain how to get your work into git.
Thanks. Portal is full coverage, which is great. Steve's Carts unfortunately has a lot of items left to texture. I'm working on Tinker's Construct tools and GUI, but the GUI changes between versions means I need to review all of it again and again.

There were a couple of new blocks in NetherOres that I had to make new textures for, but they weren't so great so I went back and redid them. Now I'm happy to submit them.

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

This is a self-made update for FTB Unleashed (MC 1.5.2). Fixes 90% of the textures for BuildCraft, IC2, Forestry, Biomes o Plenty, Railcraft, MFR, Thermal Expansion, Factorization, Iron Chests, and Nether Ores.

Changelog (r4)

Previous changes: r1, r2, r3

Thaumcraft 3 - Item update.
- New texture made for the Scribing Tools, the previous one was completely incorrect. (items/inkwell.png)

Nether Ores - Block textures.
- Re-made the textures in a higher quality for the new blocks in 1.5.

Plugins for Forestry - Item updates.
- Made new textures for cactus charcoal and coke, sugar charcoal and coke, barrels, wooden bucket, void bucket.
- Copied the correct base textures for cells and capsules from their source mods.

Portal Gun - Port.
- Included the ported textures from the 1.5 repo.

Tinker's Construct - Partial support.
- Sourced from the minecraftforums.net JSTR thread.

Minefactory Reloaded - Item updates.
- Made new textures for all the bucketed liquids.
- Made new texture for sugar charcoal.

Vanilla - Milk.
- Fixed milk bucket texture. Minefactory Reloaded overrides the item, so the texture is fixed there.

Custom colors
Disabled Custom Color tint for stone and sand blocks. In certain biomes it caused mismatches with ore, stone and architectural blocks from other mods, as it only applied to vanilla blocks. The block id list is out of date, it doesn't even contain nether quartz ore. It also did not support biome mods, overriding their colors.

Notes: The MineFactory Reloaded update took the longest and is the highest quality. The Forestry updates aren't so great.

-------------------
-------------------

Linte

Nov 13, 2012
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

Changelog (r4)

- New texture made for the Scribing Tools, the previous one was completely incorrect. (items/inkwell.png)

- Made new textures for cactus charcoal and coke, sugar charcoal and coke, barrels, wooden bucket, void bucket.
- Copied the correct base textures for cells and capsules from their source mods.

Portal Gun - Port.

Vanilla - Milk.
- Fixed milk bucket texture. Minefactory Reloaded overrides the item, so the texture is fixed there.

Custom colors
Disabled Custom Color tint for stone and sand blocks. In certain biomes it caused mismatches with ore, stone and architectural blocks from other mods, as it only applied to vanilla blocks. The block id list is out of date, it doesn't even contain nether quartz ore. It also did not support biome mods, overriding their colors.

Notes: The MineFactory Reloaded update took the longest and is the highest quality. The Forestry updates aren't so great.

-------------------
-------------------
Thanks a lot for you effort! Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Casketman

cupcakesama

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to be a an annoying Richard, but now that 1.6.x is finally out... Is more work getting started on updating now? Or do you guys need more time?

Love the self-made work for 1.5.2 Leenhaart!

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to be a an annoying Richard, but now that 1.6.x is finally out... Is more work getting started on updating now? Or do you guys need more time?

Love the self-made work for 1.5.2 Leenhaart!

Yea, i didn't really work on 1.5 at all, since 1.6 was re-doing the way textures are managed.. again. So now that mods are starting to get converted to 1.6, ive gotten back into texturing.

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't looked too deeply into the 1.6 process, but am I right in assuming that having an unstitched 1.5 version of textures makes 1.6 conversion easier?

ThanatosVI

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

Changelog (r4)

Portal Gun - Port.

Vanilla - Milk.

Custom colors

-------------------
-------------------
Would it be possible for you to add the GregTech machines as well ?
Im playing FtB:Unhinged and the only thing that looks odd with this pack are those. (at least as far as I have seen things now)

thx for that pack, much appreciated

AshtenD

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial JSTR 1.5.2

Changelog (r4)

Portal Gun - Port.

Vanilla - Milk.

Custom colors

-------------------
-------------------
I just got R4 and the ModularPowerSuits is messing up. Servo Motors are invisible for me and a lot of the textures seem... wrong. I didn't have this problem in R3, any idea why?

Also, thanks so much! John Smith is my favorite Texture Pack and it really sucks to have to use something else because lack of updates.

Leenhaart

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't looked too deeply into the 1.6 process, but am I right in assuming that having an unstitched 1.5 version of textures makes 1.6 conversion easier?
Yes, you only have to move the files into the /assets directory instead of /mods and most stuff will work in 1.6.

ThantosVI:
There isn't any unstitching of GregTech for 1.5 yet, you will have to wait until someone completes it.

AshtenD:
MPS textures weren't changed at all, it's a rendering bug. Could be NEI Highlight tips (buggy) or Optifine.

AshtenD

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you only have to move the files into the /assets directory instead of /mods and most stuff will work in 1.6.

ThantosVI:
There isn't any unstitching of GregTech for 1.5 yet, you will have to wait until someone completes it.

AshtenD:
MPS textures weren't changed at all, it's a rendering bug. Could be NEI Highlight tips (buggy) or Optifine.
I don't use Optifine and NEI Highlight Tips is disabled. The effect still stands. Also, NEI Highlight wouldn't effect it anyways due to it being in the ivnentory and not out in the world. Its only effect would be if I was hovering over something. Nonetheless. Also, the front of MFR Machines comes up Missing Textures. At least for the Harvester it does.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use Optifine and NEI Highlight Tips is disabled. The effect still stands. Also, NEI Highlight wouldn't effect it anyways due to it being in the ivnentory and not out in the world. Its only effect would be if I was hovering over something. Nonetheless. Also, the front of MFR Machines comes up Missing Textures. At least for the Harvester it does.

I'm currently using R4 myself, not seeing any issue with any textures (I don't have optifine, it's way too buggy) just adding MFR now

Edit: No issue with texture on the harvester, maybe a fresh copy of the texture pack may fix?