32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

gadget3

Jul 29, 2019
The texture pack is beautiful, but there seems to be a lack of textures for the Advanced Solar Panels mod. It is in the Ultimate pack and many others, I would love to see some fancy new textures for it!

Rezinol

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have anything to add that you guys don't already know. Just wanted to say how awesome this Texture Pack!

Will you guys be going straight to 1.6 and skipping 1.5?

deadpin

Jul 29, 2019
Great texture pack release. The day this was added to the launcher was the same day I was looking for the original pack release so I was pretty excited to see it support all the extra mods. I noticed bioreactor and generator skins were missing so I added them and scaled them to 32x32 with 0 loss. Here's the file for the authors to add and for those that want to manually add it open the JSTR.zip file and navigate these directories powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/textures. Replace machine_1.png with the one provided

Attachments

• machine_1.png
    machine_1.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 162

cupcakesama

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie check. Everyone alive? Or did the apocalypse begin? And you have such awesome hair Glowstrontium. Zica beats you in the beautifully kept nails department of course. :eek:

SolomonAiel

Jul 29, 2019
Do we know when or if it will be available to other mod packs like ftb lite? I've used the johnsmith texture pack on regular minecraft and it would be amazing if it was available for other mod packs. Thanks.

azathoth666

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

It's been a while ... I was hoping somebody would notice these missing textures but apparently they've flown under the radar so far. I'm kinda surprised nobody's tackled the advanced nanochestplate. I thought everybody used that thing. :)

Invisible:
Plutonium ingots
Thorium ingots
Portable scanner
Basic, advanced and elite circuit boards
Advanced circuit parts

Pink box:
Advanced NanoChestPlate

To whomever did the new Forestry textures: They look AMAZING. Awesome work.

that happens to me too i was searching for something that could fix that but i can't figure what. Is there anybody that could help me with this?

LegitNeek

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having a little problem and I was wondering if you could lend some assistance. I really love the John Smith tp but when using my ME Interface the data values are almost too small to read. I've tried playing around with gui scale and other settings but I can't seem to effect it in any way that makes it readable. Is this just the tp resolution or is it a video setting I'm missing?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I love using this tp but not being able to read anything is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Keep it Legit.

DreamBound

Jul 29, 2019
My only problem is I'm used to more cartoony texture packs.
So this is a little, I guess you could say "dark."
I still like it though :D
-----Merging------
I got used to it, and now I absolutely love the pack, but one issue.
The ground terrain appears bright regardless of the time of day. Is this a messed up setting on my part, or a known bug with some sort of fix?
It's hard to tell if it's day or not because of it :confused:
Edit:
Reloaded the world, and it seems to have been fixed :)

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

It's been a while ... I was hoping somebody would notice these missing textures but apparently they've flown under the radar so far. I'm kinda surprised nobody's tackled the advanced nanochestplate. I thought everybody used that thing. :)

Invisible:
Plutonium ingots
Thorium ingots
Portable scanner
Basic, advanced and elite circuit boards
Advanced circuit parts

Pink box:
Advanced NanoChestPlate

To whomever did the new Forestry textures: They look AMAZING. Awesome work.

Hmm I'll check all this stuff out, but I know for a fact that in the latest version of the pack, the GregTech Circuits have JS textures, and the Advanced Circuit Parts and Portable Scanner have default textures, however these were only recently added. The ingots must have slipped under the radar, I'll get those sorted ASAP :)

As for the Advanced Nano ChestPlate, I'll probably sort something out for that, although shouldn't show as a pink box using the latest version. On Friday I added support for Advanced Solars and the associated armors, as well as improving the IC2 and GraviSuite ones, but I didn't get round to doing the Advanced Nano.

Also, I must say Tragische your work is amazing! If you haven't already registered on the JS forums, be sure to do so and I'll give you access to the dev forum :).

PS. Is it really that long since I last checked this thread? I really need to sort my PR skills out :oops:

Zero

Jul 29, 2019
I've taken a moment to optimize filesize(s). While I'm not contributing to or changing the pack's pixels, this makes the filesize a bit smaller overall and easier to download (especially for those of us with slower connections). The process is lossless, so it retains any/all pixels, colors, quality, and transparency, just literally takes up less space. :)

Original Filesize(s):
Unzipped​
71.28 MB
Zipped​
52.14 MB

Optimized Filesize(s):
Unzipped​
49.40 MB [Saved 21.88 MB (30.70%)]​
Zipped​
42.09 MB [Saved 10.05 MB (19.27%)]​

In short, I've managed to shave off 10.05 MB from the download size, and 21.88 MB for those who have to work with it on their computer. Is there somebody in particular I should send this to? I don't want to simply distribute it here without proper permissions, so I only want to send it to the creator/maintainer of the mix if they want it. You can reply to me here and I will check back occasionally, or you can find me on IRC of the same name. I'm almost always in #mcf_modlist on esper.net.

jax__099

Jul 29, 2019
if we are allowed to ask for mod support then i have a "small" list:
millenaire
mo creatures
biomes o plenty
metallurgy
runic dust mod
wee flowers
liquid xp
advanced power management
F4113N b345ts stuff
ars magica
lava monsters
campfire mod
liquid essence
buildcraft tools
icbm
liquiduu
seed manager
plugins for forestry
oreizon
traincraft
underground biomes
colored beds mod
ropes plus
balkons
logistics pipes
additional buildcraft pipes/objects
mekanism

those are the mods ive added to feed the beast off the top of my head

im debating losing a few to be able to use the texture pack

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
or You could download alternate 32x textures for them it might not be the same texture pack but it will still look better than a 16x with a 32x