32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. Some mods haven't changed the way their textures are handled, so some updates may apply to both, whereas others are only for 1.4.7.

juress

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I should be asking MCforums John Smith community, but - any plans on making higher resolutions of this pack?
Imho the best pack out there and since the newest Forge is drastically improving FPS of high resolution TP's, I'd really love to see this one in like 256x :]

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Johnsmith isn't updating the lack anymore, so we took over. And there might be a chance of us making a higher resolution for the vanilla texture pack, but not for mod support.

juress

Jul 29, 2019
Johnsmith isn't updating the lack anymore, so we took over. And there might be a chance of us making a higher resolution for the vanilla texture pack, but not for mod support.
Damn, thats too bad,
thanks anyway - you're doing a great job :)

juress

Jul 29, 2019
It's not any faster than it was in 1.4.7. It's just fixing a major glaring performance bug by Mojang in 1.5.
1.5 ofc, but ppl with 5yr old rigs are getting 300fps with 256x sphax, so there must be a huge improvement.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a bug, but I noticed today that Silverwood planks seem to have a very different texture to it than the forestry planks. I only noticed when I was laying out planks of all the woods I've collected to compare colors. Any thoughts as to bringing them in line with the rest?

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get all ore textures with a cleanstone background? Its really ugly to have it so seperated due to the cobble background (mostly emerald and lapis, many others just have slightly different colors)

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a bug, but I noticed today that Silverwood planks seem to have a very different texture to it than the forestry planks. I only noticed when I was laying out planks of all the woods I've collected to compare colors. Any thoughts as to bringing them in line with the rest?
No promises - but I'll look into it.
Is there any way to get all ore textures with a cleanstone background? Its really ugly to have it so seperated due to the cobble background (mostly emerald and lapis, many others just have slightly different colors)
I have not updated to the very latest pack yet, but.. uhm.. mind sharing a screenshot? Unless I really missed something, the ores should all be cleanstone'd. oO

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Ah well now where i read this i realize that I dont have the original terrain.png, because i wanted to have different Glowstone. Im going to download the latest texturepack know and take a look.

Edit: Downloaded it, checked and it was my terrain.png.

Tsudico

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't look like the patcher v1.2 includes the EnderChest mod for the 1.4.x minecraft versions and the textures for it that have been in past JSTR. In addition, I get an error when I try to select FTB Ultimate from the menu:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://files.jslegacy.com/Patcher/data/modpacks/ftb_ultimate.txt
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at net.soartex.texture_patcher.Listeners$ModpackListener.actionPerformed(Listeners.java:181)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Opps, looks like I forgot to point to the new path in the patcher config; I'll get it fixed shortly :)

Also, I've been doing some work on Minefactory, and I was all proud that I'd completed the machine_0.png... until I found machine_1.png... and those are more complicated :mad:

SLowPcG.png

Also have done all the new decorative blocks that are in the latest version (1.5 only), but I've still got to write an Unsticher config for everything to port it to 1.5, and the machines appear to use an odd format similar to IC2... Ugh.

EDIT: Enderstorage textures should be available now, there was a uppercase S rather than a lowercase one in the filename. Also fixed FTB config path.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I just got the impression, but I dont think the Philosopher stone got a texture. If he does it looks - sorry - a bit too ugly for my taste. This sounds really bad but this texturepack and your support make this so good looking that i got something like a "standard" for quality ;)

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I can confirm that the ee3 textures don't appear in-game, however I'm not sure what's going on as the textures are there, and the patcher config has the correct name.

Also, I finished the second MFR machine sheet:
FRXOiX6.png

...only to find that some of the machines have animated textures that will need to be done (the 1.5 version only uses those).

Elvardo

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a problem with Xycraft: My tanks just turn invisible with some of the blocks. A few examples would be cobble and wood. But the Xycraft bricks do work.
The reason i am posting this here is because they dont turn invisible with every other texture pack i tested (faithful, Sphax) as well as teh default one.

I tested this in different worlds and on the server i am playing on. I have optifine installed.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a problem with Xycraft: My tanks just turn invisible with some of the blocks. A few examples would be cobble and wood. But the Xycraft bricks do work.
The reason i am posting this here is because they dont turn invisible with every other texture pack i tested (faithful, Sphax) as well as teh default one.

I tested this in different worlds and on the server i am playing on. I have optifine installed.
Interesting, I have this problem, too. I never checked other texture packs, I just assumed it was a xycraft bug. Will check later if I get a chance and respond if it seems texture pack related for me as well.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Just to get that out of the way - did you try it without optifine?