32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, it seems to be either a corrupted download or something else - because I use this very pack with my FTB Ultimate too and have no missing textures apart those not yet implemented. Oh and.. white boxes? Hows that? If there is a texture missing, it should either be a "update modpack" texture or a pink square. Never saw white "placeholders".

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I would guess maybe you got another mod installed or a bad version of optifine/shaders/something like that also if u got shaders try turning it off(deleting it) cuz it glitched for me ;)

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
I feel I should point out that Greg has a bunch of new stuff which needs textures.
In particular, all the new plates, as well as osmium ingots/dust/nuggets/tiny dusts.
Also, the new circuit parts for use in the circuit assembler.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So I redownloaded and reinstalled the this texture pack. Then reset to the default texture pack, and back to JSTR. This seemed to do the job for me and get the texture pack working 'normally' again. NO CLUE why it wasn't behaving before.

It just bring up questions however:
  • Is there a texture option for the backgrounds of Machine UI's? At present the are all clear, which makes reading a lot of the text on the UI windows difficult.
  • The font used in the pack comes across quite fuzzy / hard to read for me. Is there another font option?
Thanks!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a texture option for the backgrounds of Machine UI's? At present the are all clear, which makes reading a lot of the text on the UI windows difficult.
Sadly, the font color is handled by the mods themselves - and no, there are no plans to add opaque backgrounds for the machine guis.

The font used in the pack comes across quite fuzzy / hard to read for me. Is there another font option?
If I remember correct, removing the /font folder from the TP should revert the font back to vanilla. But as always: BACKUP before deleting. ;)

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
you can use the machine backrounds from the Issabella texture back here on the forums

I would like the add the clear backrounds on the machines are the only reason I dont personally use this pack , the main textures are one of my favorites , but the clear backrounds make it impossible for me to read the machines :(

Tsudico

Jul 29, 2019
For people having trouble with the look of the fonts or the lack of background making the text difficult to read, I have found that the BetterFonts mod seems to make the text lighter and you can change the font to better suit your needs. It would be nice to know what the font used in the creation John Smith is, or if possible have it included in the font folder so people who use BetterFonts can also have that font option available.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
For people having trouble with the look of the fonts or the lack of background making the text difficult to read, I have found that the BetterFonts mod seems to make the text lighter and you can change the font to better suit your needs. It would be nice to know what the font used in the creation John Smith is, or if possible have it included in the font folder so people who use BetterFonts can also have that font option available.

I can't re-distribute the font file, but if you're able to get a hold of the font called "Berylium", that is the closest to the font that Johnsmith used.

DarkholmeTenk

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization blocks in the latest update are borked. (Solar boiler, steam turbine, mixer, crystallizer)
Fix:
blocks.png

kheeler

Jul 29, 2019
First, I *love* this texture pack. Thanks to all who have worked on it. But to add to what Vaygrim said, the machine GUI's are all but impossible to read at times, especially at night or in a storm.

Reactions: diggerjohn99

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
First, I *love* this texture pack. Thanks to all who have worked on it. But to add to what Vaygrim said, the machine GUI's are all but impossible to read at times, especially at night or in a storm.
The Thaumcraft ones as well, I have seen coins with larger numbers.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
The best workaround for this without messing with any other mods is to access the machines with an empty hand. For some reason, that gives you a lighter, more-readable version of the GUI text.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization blocks in the latest update are borked.
Thank you, update/exchange is in the works.

The best workaround for this without messing with any other mods is to access the machines with an empty hand. For some reason, that gives you a lighter, more-readable version of the GUI text.
To add onto this: I had differing effects concerning the brightness of fonts - sometimes an empty hand helped a bit, sometimes item x worked - and sometimes swapping item x for another item y brightened the text slightly. On top of that, whenever I press shift and the sky is visible, it becomes a bit brighter when shift is held down. Could we get some Twilight Theme Music please? ;)

All in all - I got so used to this, that I barely ever notice the pseudo-missing font. In the end, I do know what a macerator looks like (and, more important, where I put it in the first place^^) and usually don't confuse it with an electric furnace. ^^

cupcakesama

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious: where's that avatar from?
[/quote]

It's from my deviantart, I made it as a tiny pixelated version of my usual avatar on Gaiaonline.com, and to act as a forum picture on other sites, since I got tired of using google searched kittens. I hope that answered enough.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It's from my deviantart, I made it as a tiny pixelated version of my usual avatar on Gaiaonline.com, and to act as a forum picture on other sites, since I got tired of using google searched kittens.
Thank you for the insight. =)
I hope that answered enough.
Sure did - and you did not have to reply if you hesitate to share the origin. I was really just curious, because I liked the avatar. Sorry if the question disturbed you. :-/

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to create something like a changelog for the texturepack? For me its quite difficult to decide whether i should download a newer version or not. And its a biut too much work to download it frequently because I have many custom textures.

frejid

Jul 29, 2019
The very top of the first post has a banner with flashing lights that, when clicked on, takes you to the changelog.