32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Molten

Jul 29, 2019

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I looked at the screenshots you sent me - but frankly, I cannot see anything strange in them. Though that may as well be me being blind. :-/
And by the way:
EbicNinja said:
By the way have you finished the nano suit for download it was really good!
I added it into the armor/ic2 folder - but by default its named "nano_1_alt.png". If you would like to use it, delete/backup the original "nano_1.png" in the same folder, then remove the "_alt" part of my version. Should be up within the next minutes. =)

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Well, fast explanation then, in the nether u will see it being 100% black aka "non-seeable" so it's basically really dark in the nether if you use the vanilla texture pack you will see for miles without it being too dark..
And in twilight i got some blocks in front of me making it going through the floor and so..

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using Optifine, by chance? Because, as you can see, the textures used in the nether are there (they're visible in the foreground). Not sure about Twilight Forest, as there may be some textures missing due to updates. What I mean is, the nethertextures do not suddenly disappear into thin air - which makes me think it's either a mod problem (unlikely) or something to do with shaders/optifine. But I'm guessing here. :/

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using Optifine, by chance? Because, as you can see, the textures used in the nether are there (they're visible in the foreground). Not sure about Twilight Forest, as there may be some textures missing due to updates. What I mean is, the nethertextures do not suddenly disappear into thin air - which makes me think it's either a mod problem (unlikely) or something to do with shaders/optifine. But I'm guessing here. :/
no the textures are still there it's just the lightning is pitch black, you can't see the blocks if i stand at something block lightning 0 but if i put a torch u will see like it is in the pictures. i can take a pic with vanilla and with JSTR in a dark spot later tonight and u will see the difference!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that I do not believe you - I just cannot think of any way the textures are the problem here. The lighting is not done by those in any way, shape or form. That's why I asked about Optifine or Shaders, as they do indeed tweak the lighting engine.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Ebic, could you have changed your lightmap, by any chance? That's the only thing that I can think of.

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that I do not believe you - I just cannot think of any way the textures are the problem here. The lighting is not done by those in any way, shape or form. That's why I asked about Optifine or Shaders, as they do indeed tweak the lighting engine.
Well yes I do have optifine and shaders, allthough shaders are turned off as they seemed to glitch too much for me, (it's set to none)
But i thought there is a .png file for the lightning.
Zica no, I haven't touched this texture pack..

Edit I'll try to re-download it and come back and see how it is...
Btw it is Ultimate pack if it will do any difference.

arox45

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes I do have optifine and shaders, allthough shaders are turned off as they seemed to glitch too much for me, (it's set to none)
But i thought there is a .png file for the lightning.
Zica no, I haven't touched this texture pack..

Edit I'll try to re-download it and come back and see how it is...
Btw it is Ultimate pack if it will do any difference.
I think its your shaders basicly with a mod pack installed and you have it off it gives this wierd flickering effect that makes it almost pitch black the only way to fix it is to reenable or delete the shaders

Reactions: EbicNinja

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
I think its your shaders basicly with a mod pack installed and you have it off it gives this wierd flickering effect that makes it almost pitch black the only way to fix it is to reenable or delete the shaders
I'll give that a try, thanks for the help in advance!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It's basically this: The shaders may have been deactivated, but they're still there. Meaning kinda something along the lines of "Yeah, okay, we don't spice up your gfx.. but even though, you wouldn't mind us sitting right in the heart and core of your graphical settings and files along all the vanilla graphics, would you? Thanks - and bring drinks next time you come along!". ;) It's the same with old graphic card drivers. Whenever you upgrade, you'll never find any kind of instruction about this, that does not remind you several times to remove the old ones before installing the new ones - as not doing this might end up with the exact same situation, inactive (old) files and settings f*ing up the new drivers. Or, in your case, using the vanilla settings but mixed with fancy filters' stuff mixed in between (though doing nothing) ruining your lighting system.

Glad you got it working again. =)

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
It's basically this: The shaders may have been deactivated, but they're still there. Meaning kinda something along the lines of "Yeah, okay, we don't spice up your gfx.. but even though, you wouldn't mind us sitting right in the heart and core of your graphical settings and files along all the vanilla graphics, would you? Thanks - and bring drinks next time you come along!". ;) It's the same with old graphic card drivers. Whenever you upgrade, you'll never find any kind of instruction about this, that does not remind you several times to remove the old ones before installing the new ones - as not doing this might end up with the exact same situation, inactive (old) files and settings f*ing up the new drivers. Or, in your case, using the vanilla settings but mixed with fancy filters' stuff mixed in between (though doing nothing) ruining your lighting system.

Glad you got it working again. =)
The thing that made me not believe on the shaders was because vanilla texture pack was working fine.
So the only thing that popped up in my head was that there is a lightmap0.png file in the texture pack!

gremlindan

Jul 29, 2019
just a heads up when using the analyzer block you cant see the progress bar left of the bee in the middle. if i change to default i see it fine.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded this up for FTB Ultimate and had TONS of white boxes (some of my IC2 machines, several of my Thermal Expansion machines.. Steve's Carts Cart Assembler). Seems like I had a lot of textures missing. :(

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded this up for FTB Ultimate and had TONS of white boxes (some of my IC2 machines, several of my Thermal Expansion machines.. Steve's Carts Cart Assembler). Seems like I had a lot of textures missing. :(

That's strange, looking at my IC2 and TE stuff, I don't see any white boxes, same with the cart assembler. Try re-downloading the texture pack, see if that fixes it.