32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

D

DaemonAuriel

There are no font files in the 64x pack, so I don't really get why that would affect the font at all. Does this only occur with the 64x overlay pack? Either way, the quick fix is to remove the font files located in assets/minecraft/textures/font and potentially assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/font if you use Optifine.
no it was happening with the most current texture file i was thinking maybe it was caused because the file was 32x so i was hoping the 64x patch would fix it but it didnt. i will try this and get back to you. am i suppose to delete the whole font folder. or just one of the 4 files?

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
no it was happening with the most current texture file i was thinking maybe it was cause the file was 32x so i was hoping the 64x patch would fix it but i will try this and get back to you. am i suppose to delete the whole font folder. or just one of the 4 files?
Ahh, ok. Just delete the whole folder. There's a solution to this issue coming in the next update. It was put in the vanilla pack a little while back, but JSTR just hasn't been updated since then. You can see page 85 of the Minecraft forums thread for details on that.

Reactions: DaemonAuriel
D

DaemonAuriel

Ahh, ok. Just delete the whole folder. There's a solution to this issue coming in the next update. It was put in the vanilla pack a little while back, but JSTR just hasn't been updated since then. You can see page 85 of the Minecraft forums thread for details on that.
Thanks so much i will try to keep my version updated cant wait to see what other mods get updated and/or added to the texture pack :3

D

DaemonAuriel

Also for others looking for the fix deleting that font file like Oddface said worked perfectly. i can read everything again and it doesnt seem to have affected any of the rest of the awesomeness that is this texture pack :3

Mr_Hosed

Jul 29, 2019
I threw together some edits for the Regrowth modpack's custom Quadrum textures (Slate, Dead Wood, Charred stuff, etc).

To install, extract the zip and copy the "quadrum" folder to <minecraft instance>/config (Where Quadrum is located) and replace the existing textures found there. Unfortunately these textures can't be loaded from a Resource Pack.

Regrowth - Quadrum.zip

Regrowth - Quadrum - PSDs.zip (Photoshop source files)

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
IMPORTANT POLL TIME!
We're hard at work over on the GitHub repos, and I promise you will get regular updates again very soon. We're making some changes to the pack, and this is one that's somewhat controversial among the team, so we're turning to you guys. This will decide what texture we go with, so choose wisely...

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I voted for the top one, because it's easier to see through, but I think the bottom one would be a good pane texture.

I have noticed a glitch with JSTR and the Tinker's Clear Glass blocks. If you lay down a 3x3 of Clear Glass, one of the blocks will still have a border, hanging in the middle of the otherwise clear glass. It gets worse the larger an area you have of them. EnderIO's quite clear glass doesn't do it, but I'm not sure if it's you guys or Tinker's.

Like this one:

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed a glitch with JSTR and the Tinker's Clear Glass blocks. If you lay down a 3x3 of Clear Glass, one of the blocks will still have a border, hanging in the middle of the otherwise clear glass. It gets worse the larger an area you have of them. EnderIO's quite clear glass doesn't do it, but I'm not sure if it's you guys or Tinker's.

Clear glass issue has been fixed. It will be in the next update, along with, like, a billion other things. You can fix it yourself by going into the resource pack and removing the file glass_4.png from assets/tinker/textures/blocks/glass/clear

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be shy about posting bug reports. Post in the forum thread or create an issue on GitHub. There are a lot of issues that's been fixed in the time since we last updated the pack, mind you. We're implementing a system that will push updates daily, so that's not going to be a problem anymore.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Cool. I don't like GitHub myself, but I'll post any I find here. Thanks. (Also, awesome avatar.)

I did think of one more that might have been fixed: The progress bar for the Thermal Expansion machines isn't quite right. It seems to start twice and then starts progressing but runs out of room before the machine finishes. It's a little hard to take a screenshot of, but I could take a video if this comment is completely confusing.

Last edited:

lesdmark

Jul 29, 2019
And with the updates that are currently in the GitHub repo the issue is resolved. It's an issue with COFH strangely enough. They moved the GUI arrows and such there.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Some updates.
The new update system is going to take a little longer than expected. In the meanwhile we're planning to rename the pack and make some changes to it. We're bringing the style closer to John Smith Legacy in some ways, but the color palette and general feel will be similar to JSTR. The biggest changes are to cobblestone and stone bricks. A little taste:
2016-04-06_19.12.27.png

(thank you instant structures mod)

*PS*
If you want a more recent version of JSTR, we did an alpha update back in March which can be found here:
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/john-smith-legacy-modded/files
The planks reverted to the Legacy ones, but that's the only real bug I found in it. Contains a lot of fixes, improvements and additions.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I hate this forum software some times. It just flat out refuses to give me alerts sometimes. That looks awesome. I'll have to check out the new textures.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see from my previous post, we're making some changes. Since John Smith has been through so many iterations and had so many versions over the years, it's important for us to know our users' preferences.

We've had a Legacy overwrite pack for a while now, and it has its users, but not that many. There could be various reasons for this. People don't like it, they're used to the old look, they don't know about it, or they just don't want to bother with another resource pack. I want to get a little more direct feedback.

beforeandafter.gif

The question is:
How would you feel if the standard modded resource pack was changed to have Legacy stone, dirt and sand. The current look would be made into an optional overwrite pack. VOTE HERE!

Elaborate here in the thread if you want.

Oddface

Jul 29, 2019
Since there are very few votes so far, I'll point out that there's a "I wouldn't care" option on the poll. That's useful feedback too.
So just go ahead and VOTE, even if you don't care :)