32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
The patcher should be back online soon, allowing users to only download textures for the mods that they need, which would on the most part negate the need for custom packs, and ensure users always get the most up to date files.
Okay, but it is allowed to host it or? I would like to do something similar like as in the FTB Launcher with the texturepacks.

catdogpigduck

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the Universal pack option, I don't care how big the file is i just want one pack that will have all the mods textures available that i can use for everything ever, Great work!

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
hi, i wanted to use the textures with direwolfs pack and i have an issue with fonts and no clue how to fix it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75984878/MCfont.PNG
Are you using the 1.6.x pack? This is a kerning problem with the font. Soartex had this problem a while back, and I can't remember what caused it. I will ask around to see if this is the same problem.

I am assuming you are using optifine, because the default 1.6.x pack has no vanilla font. Here is what the default pack looks like: http://i.imgur.com/Pvz6Ld7.png This might be an issue with optifine incorrectly handling fonts.

If you are using optifine try to delete this folder:
Code:
\assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\font\

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, is there a different format for texture packs on Minecraft 1.5?

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk

1.5.x = used the old folder structure with all the textures being in the root directory.
1.6.x = was the stage when minecraft completely changed how texturepacks were organised. Now they were all located in the /asstes/ directory, and things all got moved around
1.7.x = mods have now updated to using the new folder structure.

Last edited:

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.x = used the old folder structure with all the textures being in the root directory.
1.5.x = was the stage when minecraft completely changed how texturepacks were organised. Now they were all located in the /asstes/ directory, and things all got moved around
1.6.x = mods have now updated to using the new folder structure.
1.7.x = not much has changed.
Hm, I started playing FTB Unleashed and can't seem to make the texture pack work for some reason.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have. I also downloaded the Soartex pack to see if that one would work which it did. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Wow, thanks, great catch. Seems that I had one of the parameters wrong on the build script.
I have completely rebuilt all the packs, and uploaded them.
A plus is that now the 1.7.x pack has the latest commits, including @kardain 's latest commit.
https://github.com/John-Smith-Modded/JSTR-1.7.x/commit/0981c2968025b0c823c5c7abe232961451c8cf58

Thank you again, go ahead and redownload and it should work. Let me know!

esge

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the 1.6.x pack? This is a kerning problem with the font. Soartex had this problem a while back, and I can't remember what caused it. I will ask around to see if this is the same problem.

I am assuming you are using optifine, because the default 1.6.x pack has no vanilla font. Here is what the default pack looks like: http://i.imgur.com/Pvz6Ld7.png This might be an issue with optifine incorrectly handling fonts.

If you are using optifine try to delete this folder:
Code:
\assets\minecraft\mcpatcher\font\

i did download the pack for dw20 1.6.x
and i am using optifine
and i can't find that font folder anywhere

Achilles833

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, thanks, great catch. Seems that I had one of the parameters wrong on the build script.
I have completely rebuilt all the packs, and uploaded them.
A plus is that now the 1.7.x pack has the latest commits, including @kardain 's latest commit.
https://github.com/John-Smith-Modded/JSTR-1.7.x/commit/0981c2968025b0c823c5c7abe232961451c8cf58

Thank you again, go ahead and redownload and it should work. Let me know!
Sorry I took so long internet was acting up and had to download it three times but it works now! :D Thank you! :)

Ghennkins

Jul 29, 2019
Here are 32p textures for Ex Nihilo (Agrarian Skies, etc).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj3w4o7ahlst9n6/exnihilo.zip

--Stuff--
-Most the textures are modifications of existing JohnSmith textures.
-I included the already available items (crooks, hammers) just for completion sake.
-The Crucibles were a pita to texture. I wanted to do something a little fancy with them but the mod author made the texture sheet in in a very unfriendly-to-texture way. I included a template if anyone is interested in making their own crucible textures. On mine, there is 1 corner that doesn't look right but to fix it I'd have to redo the whole thing and \laaaazzyyy
-The Stone Barrel bottom textures are a bit messed up. Should be dark instead of light. Maybe RP that your char sucks at pottery? =)
-I should have made the gravel ore item (looks like coal) brighter and a different color so it didn't look like coal with stripes but again /laaaaaaazzzyyyy n_n
-I saw video of Sphax textures for AR2 magic water with like ghosts in it that I really liked the idea of. So I tried to do something similar for Witch Water. If you hate it, it's just one of JS's water textures colored purple so shouldn't be too difficult replacing. I wish I could have done something for the flowing water too that would be fitting.

I think that's it. Enjoy!

Biblo15

Jul 29, 2019

--Stuff--
-I included the already available items (crooks, hammers) just for completion sake.
-The Crucibles were a pita to texture. I wanted to do something a little fancy with them but the mod author made the texture sheet in in a very unfriendly-to-texture way. I included a template if anyone is interested in making their own crucible textures. On mine, there is 1 corner that doesn't look right but to fix it I'd have to redo the whole thing and \laaaazzyyy
-The Stone Barrel bottom textures are a bit messed up. Should be dark instead of light. Maybe RP that your char sucks at pottery? =)
-I should have made the gravel ore item (looks like coal) brighter and a different color so it didn't look like coal with stripes but again /laaaaaaazzzyyyy n_n
-I saw video of Sphax textures for AR2 magic water with like ghosts in it that I really liked the idea of. So I tried to do something similar for Witch Water. If you hate it, it's just one of JS's water textures colored purple so shouldn't be too difficult replacing. I wish I could have done something for the flowing water too that would be fitting.

Nice! Next step HQM? :D

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019

--Stuff--

Those are excellent! I hope you don't mind, I've just added them to the 1.6 Github Repo; if there's any changes you want to make, just let me know and I'll update them, or you could submit a pull request :)

Ghennkins

Jul 29, 2019
I made textures for the OpenBlocks Radio. I rather like how it turned out and I hope you guys do as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nw888qt8nndquk1/openblocks.zip

Enjoy~

Edit 1-------
Made some textures for Tinkerer Construct axes (just the normal ones).
https://www.mediafire.com/?3n8n1cmwgx53ame

--Stuff--
-Most the textures are edits/modifications of JohnSmith's textures.
-I've wanted to texture the TC tools/weapons for a while but there are so many it's overwhelming. I wanted to make the materials different based on how good they are, so I split up the materials into 5 tiers and used 5 textures ranging from basic to elaborate. I wanted to give each a unique look instead of a boring color edit but I knew not keeping a uniform shape like the vanilla 16p TC textures would cause problems with the modifiers (of which there are many). Personally, I would have made most of the modifiers (lava, beheading, smite) blank but somehow squeezed all of them in without overlapping for the people that do like them.
Axes with lots of modifiers look pretty crap ingame, but part of the hurdle making different textures for each material was trying to figure out a way to do the modifiers without cluttering up the axe underneath. So, I'm not satisfied with the end result but it works.

-If anyone is thinking about tackling the other tools/weapons, making a textures sheet really really sped things up significantly. If I do more TC stuff, I'll probably use the Unstitcher tool. Anyway, working on one file made the whole process significantly easier/quicker.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldBattle

silvericeblu

Jul 29, 2019
When I use this pack, I noticed that in minefactory reloaded, the stained glass was clear when I placed it. Is there a way I can fix this?

kardain

Jul 29, 2019
A fix has been added to the repo (it looks like I originally grabbed the wrong file for the glass, or my computer derped and didn't send the first correction to github originally). If you'd like to correct your copy, you have a couple options.

It will self correct in the next website update, just redownload then. If you don't want to wait, either download the repo as a zip and move Minefactory_Reloaded/assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks/tile.mfr.stainedglass.png to overwrite the version in your resource pack zip... Or open your resource pack zip and locate that file (found in assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks) and add a 32x32 white layer, 25% opacity, to the lower right hand corner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk