Open 2.5.0: Cannot cast Molten Dark Steel to ingot

B

BarryCarlyon

Version:

What is the bug:
Having randomly got a Moo Fluids Dark Steel Cow. I set about collecting Molten Dark Steel and after loading it into my Smeltry discovered I cannot cast it to block or ingot.

Having checked NEI I find there are zero uses for Molten Dark Steel (aside from a dark steel cover)

I'm unsure if this is intentional or a bug, so I'm reporting it as a bug, as surely it should be castable to ingot?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Reactions: Scootz99

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Moofluid cows that spawn useless liquids, or ones that cannot be cast in a smeltery have been fixed for the 2.5.1 update. I'll be pushing this release out tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

Reactions: profrags

Bennyboy1695

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you just add recipes for the ones that don't automatically have casting recipes ? Instead of removing pretty useful cows like Dark steel :p

L

laylowman

updated to 2.5.1 and still unable to cast block or ingot from molten dark steel. did this get missed?

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't get missed, I removed it from the Moofluid cows that can spawn. Any existing cows are still going to stay in your world.

L

laylowman

OK thanks Darkosto. i thought they were being removed not just changed to unspawnable or given casting privileges.

S

Scootz99

Getting any source molten dark steel (re: melted down via smeltery, rftools world lakes of molten dark steel) still doesn't allow us to cast it via tinkers casting basin/table.

S

Scootz99

Yup, I've updated to 2.5.2. Tried using transfer nodes, liquid/fluid conduits, liquid transposers.

S

Scootz99

WgSOIyf.png

With this image, you can see, the transfer node, liquid transposers, and conduits. The redstone signal on the conduit is set to always, and the other end that connects to the basin/casting table, are set to insert. There is indeed molten dark steel in the conduits as they are colored 'brown' (soartex invictus RP)