Open 2.5.0: Cannot cast Molten Dark Steel to ingot

Discussion in 'FTB Presents SkyFactory 2.5 1.7.10' started by BarryCarlyon, May 23, 2016.

1. BarryCarlyon

BarryCarlyon Guest

Version:

What is the bug:
    Having randomly got a Moo Fluids Dark Steel Cow. I set about collecting Molten Dark Steel and after loading it into my Smeltry discovered I cannot cast it to block or ingot.

Having checked NEI I find there are zero uses for Molten Dark Steel (aside from a dark steel cover)

I'm unsure if this is intentional or a bug, so I'm reporting it as a bug, as surely it should be castable to ingot?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Scootz99 likes this.
  2. Darkosto

Darkosto New Member

Moofluid cows that spawn useless liquids, or ones that cannot be cast in a smeltery have been fixed for the 2.5.1 update. I'll be pushing this release out tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!

profrags likes this.
  3. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 New Member

Couldn't you just add recipes for the ones that don't automatically have casting recipes ? Instead of removing pretty useful cows like Dark steel :p

4. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

That is what they have done in the new update.

5. Darkosto

Darkosto New Member

Yes, I did in the last update. A majority of liquids are now able to be cast into ingots/blocks.

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  6. laylowman

laylowman Guest

updated to 2.5.1 and still unable to cast block or ingot from molten dark steel. did this get missed?

7. Darkosto

Darkosto New Member

It didn't get missed, I removed it from the Moofluid cows that can spawn. Any existing cows are still going to stay in your world.

8. laylowman

laylowman Guest

OK thanks Darkosto. i thought they were being removed not just changed to unspawnable or given casting privileges.

9. Scootz99

Scootz99 Guest

Getting any source molten dark steel (re: melted down via smeltery, rftools world lakes of molten dark steel) still doesn't allow us to cast it via tinkers casting basin/table.

10. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member

Have you updated the pack?

11. Scootz99

Scootz99 Guest

Yup, I've updated to 2.5.2. Tried using transfer nodes, liquid/fluid conduits, liquid transposers.

12. Scootz99

Scootz99 Guest

[​IMG]
    With this image, you can see, the transfer node, liquid transposers, and conduits. The redstone signal on the conduit is set to always, and the other end that connects to the basin/casting table, are set to insert. There is indeed molten dark steel in the conduits as they are colored 'brown' (soartex invictus RP)

13. Scootz99

Scootz99 Guest

Just as an update, Darkosto has fixed this for the upcoming 2.5.3 version. TY @Darkosto!

14. Josh LAwrie

Josh LAwrie Guest

15. UniZero

UniZero Popular Member