1001 things to do in modded minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you think this will reach the 1001th Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 89 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
What kinda modpack?

137. Decide what kind of modpack to build

(I don't even remember what mods I used last pack I built, and it was less a modpack and more a hastily put together monstrosity of mods for my own use and not posted anywhere)

FeatheredSun

Jul 29, 2019
-Create some more reasonable non-gimicky goals that you maybe still haven't achieved, like...

-Store and display all the fluids in your modpack (216 in mine). Attach redstone triggering for < or > half-full levels for automation.
-Build a trophy room with all bosses' heads/items and the weapons you used to kill them.
-Create a gridded automated rail system that expands itself when you want. Figure out a way to quickly map the whole grid out to 5000 blocks in each cardinal direction.
-Fill a museum with all types of certain items in sections: bees, butterflies, wood, hats, mob heads, gemstones, etc...
-Build a hall of travel for all your dimlets, linking books, and other portals.
-Build a zoo with all the mobs in it (except maybe the bosses).
-Build a room where you can quickly swap-out blood magic ritual configurations...using spatial pylons.
-Build a sick arena for all your boss fights. Try different approaches to killing them. Have an alternate mode where a dozen random mobs spawn instead.
-Build a musical apparatus that can play a 100-note section of your favorite tune. Another mode alternates through your discs on a 10 minute timer.
-Take out the UrGhast with a swarm of drones
-Create an adventure map. Example: InceptionCraft - use nested Mystcraft worlds or dimlets, forcing the player to keep going deeper...

Reactions: GreenZombie

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
13...9? yeah i guess the previous is 138.

Dont just build a base, build a base with a story. Like Rhn does in his showcase thread, perhaps your base is a crashed alien ship. So build the crashed ship, the housing the aliens put up, labs where they study the new local fauna... or perhaps it is like a fallout vault. Rooms for all the inhabitants, etc etc etc.

It has made me go from.. yay i feel like playing FTB again to.. omg.. must play!! I got this idea I must see if I can build. :) Looking forward to writing all the archeological entries into computer craft to have them scroll on the monitors, showcasing their initial happyness as they make the find of the lifetime to the horror when they realize what they let loose :D

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
150. (I'm counting FeatheredSun's post as eleven things) Build a Vanilla-style village-based iron farm, and kill the golems with a Well of Suffering. Those guys have a lot of health- they ought to give you a lot more LP each than any other non-boss mob.

151. Feed your Well of Suffering with Withers. If that's even possible.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
152. Clean up the mess the Withers caused.

153. Construct a famous building to scale (or as close as possible) in minecraft

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
155. Fill each Cache with their own respective Caches. (because why not)
156. Fill a Resonant Tank with Molten Fairy Metal because it's magical.
157. Craft a Creative Energy Cell in Infinity Evolved Expert mode. (lol maybe)
158. Craft a Creative Tank in Infinity Evolved Expert mode. (lol good luck)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Well if we're doing that...

159. Craft a creative Mana pool in infinity expert

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
161: Craft the top tier Redstone Arsenal Chest plate (With the Jetpack) manually.
162: As above, for the Gravity Chestplate.

Manually in this case being no automation into or out of the machines. Including hoppers.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
161: Craft the top tier Redstone Arsenal Chest plate (With the Jetpack) manually.

Manually in this case being no automation into or out of the machines. Including hoppers.
163 & 164 make them in expert mode infinity

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

Done both. Hell, unless I've got something like Project E's gem armour handy, I usually beeline for 161 before I have much of anything else except something to give it juice. It ain't cheap, but very well worth the investment.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Me too. 162 always got me bored before I got there, and I'd wander off to do something else. Then again, I was playing Ultimate with the GT recipe changes.

165: Use only Railcraft for automation.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
166: To complete your head collection, trick any of the above players using uber armor to use a mystcraft disarm linking book. - I haven't done this but one of the players on my server did.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
166 get yourself fully upgraded Dark Steel armor(the dark soularium chestplate and the other pieces with all the upgrades: Empowered 4, apiarist suit, advanced solar panel, flippers, speed 3(?), whatever else).
Edit: fully manually, no hoppers, no pull/push configuration.

Jul 29, 2019
167 Power your base with an ungodly amount of dynamos. Bonus for automating their fuel production. Double bonus for being super wasteful with power and not running out :D

Jul 29, 2019
169. Play ftb infinity evolved on expert mode and realize the recipes aren't hard, they just cost more resources. (IMO)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk